PDA

View Full Version : Possibly the Dumbest Question So Far...

MadDogTremor
12-19-2014, 10:58 PM
With the rapidly declining number of PC Clans, how is one who has maxed out XP, able to finish all the REQUIRED Clan Pursuits? I need these pursuits to break 5000 EGO. But I just don't see how that will be possible.

Same for the Friends Pursuits. There just isn't enough people online in my hemisphere that are willing to friend people just for that purpose.

Those two situations aside, I have added up what my remaining Pursuits will give to my EGO (Time Trials and Rampages and HotShots)....and guess what? Just SHY of 5000 EGO.

(At current time of this post, I sit stalled at EGO 4882)

Looks like I'll never get to enjoy the Chimera levels that I PAID for along with the software that is Defiance, that I PAID for in 2013.

That's right, I'm NOT a F2P person. But I got Shafted. Thanks.

JadedSinn
12-19-2014, 11:20 PM
With the rapidly declining number of PC Clans, how is one who has maxed out XP, able to finish all the REQUIRED Clan Pursuits? I need these pursuits to break 5000 EGO. But I just don't see how that will be possible.

Same for the Friends Pursuits. There just isn't enough people online in my hemisphere that are willing to friend people just for that purpose.

Those two situations aside, I have added up what my remaining Pursuits will give to my EGO (Time Trials and Rampages and HotShots)....and guess what? Just SHY of 5000 EGO.

Looks like I'll never get to enjoy the Chimera levels that I PAID for along with the software that is Defiance, that I PAID for in 2013.

That's right, I'm NOT a F2P person. But I got Shafted. Thanks.

i do beleave your math is flawed some where. even without timetriels and the clan stuff and pvp and also the hot shots and rampages. any player that is playing this game and owns all the DLCs and has compleated the persuites in most of them but chimera should peek out at just a little over 5000 thats including finding all data recorders as not compleated also.

some how your missing around 128 ego points that you havent seeme to of gotten some where.

have you maxed out all guns ? have you compleated all weapon persuites ? have to compleated all persuites for DLC 1 2 4 ? castathen , arkbreak and gunslinger ? o.o if you havent compleated all of them then ur shy alot of points from them. also with the new persuites just put in with after math you should be geting a few more from that as well. witch would put you nicely over 5k easy .

sorry just trying to do the math here.

MadDogTremor
12-19-2014, 11:46 PM
I didn't buy the Gunslinger DLC, but I bought the others. I really have no intention soaking more money in to this game without a reassurance I'll be able to break 5000 EGO. Thats my personal goal, so I can load Expert Co-ops on my own. Even though back when I bought the Arkbreaker DLC, I was SUPPOSED to have access to the Expert maps, until they changed that (thanks for making me waste my money on that one Trion).

Claydough
12-19-2014, 11:51 PM
um? last i checked, there are lots of big pc clans....

if you dont want to stick around, just leave after awhile

crazyged
12-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Yup, some clans are alive and dominati- I mean, thriving! :D

JadedSinn
12-20-2014, 12:17 AM
I didn't buy the Gunslinger DLC, but I bought the others. I really have no intention soaking more money in to this game without a reassurance I'll be able to break 5000 EGO. Thats my personal goal, so I can load Expert Co-ops on my own. Even though back when I bought the Arkbreaker DLC, I was SUPPOSED to have access to the Expert maps, until they changed that (thanks for making me waste my money on that one Trion).

hmmm yes but did u compleat the persuites on them like the castathen one and the arkbreaker one. there are also the other persuites that dont involve clan mates pvp or races and such.

becuse somehow your missing point you should have. i didnt compleat any of the clan stuff till i desided i wanted to and even then i was well over 5k befor i did most of them.

also if you need the clan stuff so badly. why not leave the clan your in if its that dead and find one that has many active players. id say come to core but we are still working on recooping out numbers back up (( have to find some rope and go hog tie a few of out missing clan mates in other games and drag them back kicking and screaming )) but you could join cronus or even team evo and get the persutes done though them. there allways seeking memebrs and last time i was in eather thy seemed willing to help people . so give it a shot.

unless ur not on pc. i dont think you never mentioned what server and consol you where on so. o.o im just asuming your on pc na by default.

Xaat Xuun
12-21-2014, 07:10 AM
should be able to reach 5k without one DLC, or doing the timetrials/rampages , I did
why didn't you take advantage of the glitched Time trails ? Before they were fixed

I won't be seeing any of the Social pursuits finished so I'm out 50 there, someday I may get a couple Competitive Multiplayer , but I wont count those 195
and that would mean I would also not be seeing 20 from Reputation, that requires PvP

ahh that's going to take too long giving all That I know I won't be able to do without help from others

My cap will be 5541, 5501 I can do alone just have to be diligent and place more effort then I am currently, but yeah .. 5541 will be as far as I can go with current content

You'll need at least a silver in time trials, Rampages, and such, I didn't do the math to see if that would effect reaching 5k, but it looks like you did, I trust that was what you did, not counting at least silver, that is a bit of a chunk on the road to 5k, not getting silver in any thing, that's 330 points you wont see (maybe a little less)

Festival
12-21-2014, 10:05 AM

You can get to well over 5000 w/o any of the Social (clan and friends) pursuits. I only just joined a clan about three days ago (thanks, CORE!), and my main was at 5791 at the time. That's w/o any EGO points from Social pursuits and with a couple of the PvP pursuits incomplete (due to those two infuriatingly broken turret kill pursuits) and at least 80 points remaining from Silicon Valley.

Altras
12-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Yup, some clans are alive and dominati- I mean, thriving! :D

Dominati-....*coughs*

MadDogTremor
12-21-2014, 09:25 PM
should be able to reach 5k without one DLC, or doing the timetrials/rampages , I did
why didn't you take advantage of the glitched Time trails ? Before they were fixed
Because at that time, I was without internet after I moved.

You'll need at least a silver in time trials, Rampages, and such, I didn't do the math to see if that would effect reaching 5k, but it looks like you did, I trust that was what you did, not counting at least silver, that is a bit of a chunk on the road to 5k, not getting silver in any thing, that's 330 points you wont see (maybe a little less)
That's gonna be my issue right there. I have never been physically able to complete any Time Trials in ANY game my whole life. My reaction time/coordination is messed up when it comes to fast maneuvering skills. Not an excuse, just fact. So if those are what is going to keep me from breaking 5000...well, I guess I'm done.

nathanpbutler
12-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Quite a bit of EGO and pursuit info was calculated by yours truly right here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178391-Maximum-EGO-Calculations-as-of-Dec.-7-2014-for-Etaew-and-Whomever-Else-is-Interested).

There are plenty of ways to hit 5000 or go beyond it. It sounds, though, like you're basically saying you want to break 5000, but you don't want to actually do pursuits to get there. The devs' intention in adding more pursuits to the point where 5900 is now a cap that is a full 201 below the absolute maximum was to allow for those wanting to hit certain levels to be able to avoid doing SOME pursuits. It sounds like, given your comment about time trials, hotshots, rampages, etc. you are basically avoiding a huge chunk of the game's content and thus the game's pursuits, yet griping about being unable to hit 5000+ without doing so. You do still have to put in the effort to complete pursuits to reach higher EGO. The philosophy that led to the current EGO cap was not "anyone who wants to can hit 5000 without doing much," but to make the climb something wherein one can be more selective in what pursuits to pursue. It wasn't ever meant to be something where the need to pursue pursuits became moot.

Atticus Batman
12-21-2014, 09:30 PM

That's gonna be my issue right there. I have never been physically able to complete any Time Trials in ANY game my whole life. My reaction time/coordination is messed up when it comes to fast maneuvering skills. Not an excuse, just fact. So if those are what is going to keep me from breaking 5000...well, I guess I'm done.

Here check this link to Defiancedata's ego listings. Maybe it will help you figure it out.

http://www.defiancedata.com/page.php?id=222

Xaat Xuun
12-22-2014, 10:31 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Xaat Xuun View Post
Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Xaat Xuun View Post

I guess you could fudge a bit, and let someone hop in your seat and do the trials for ya, at least silver will complete the Zone pursuits, that can get you that missing more or less 300 ego points.
There are a couple challenges I'm not sure I can complete, one being S.M.A.S.H., and the one by Bug n Chug. (I can't recall but I think it's the moonshine shack one)
I would need to check, but I think those are the only 2 I still need to complete, I know I counted those for what my cap will be, but that's like 90 EGO right there