PDA

View Full Version : Its just release excuse is getting old and fast!

Kupchuk
04-03-2013, 11:25 PM
This is terrible... people say all MMO's have the problem? well umm Guild wars 2 is 10x the game this is and has had a perfect launch in my eyes never crashed at all! so the excuse of "it just got released give it a few days" is Ridiculous because i understand its new... So i don't care when a bug happens to me, But the fact im crashing and can't do my pursuits or PvP without crashing is ridiculous... Come on Trion take your thumb out of your *** and work boys. because im starting to think this game was not ready to be released. The only reason you released it was because of the TV show coming out 2 weeks later... my opinon game is not ready its 95% of the way there

All i am saying is they should of pushed it back don't release a game when its not ready! because i understand Guild wars 2 is on the PC! point is they way waited till it was ready

A s0t
04-03-2013, 11:27 PM
so go play guild wars 2 then
im calling the wambulance for you

S0DA POPINSKI
04-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Guild Wars is also not playable on 360. This is a first of it's kind on 360. Just saying. There is a big difference between getting something to run smooth on XBL and PC.

Kupchuk
04-03-2013, 11:29 PM
agreed but the point im trying to make is guild wars released the game when it was ready... Defiance released it with terrible servers.. thats all im saying the game is not fully ready

0_d4RK_FaLLen
Maybe you didn't have an issue with Guild Wars 2 just like some aren't having issues with Defiance. Give it some time to straighten out, it's not like you should be in a rush to complete before the show airs.

A s0t
Guild Wars is also not playable on 360. This is a first of it's kind on 360. Just saying. There is a big difference between getting something to run smooth on XBL and PC. he can waddle to his pc then

Kupchuk
Good for you :D just hate dont you

Gero
04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
You know he has a good point. I hate to say it but if the game wasn't ready they should have pushed the release date back. I mean the game has been down or so glitchy/laggy its unplayable more than its been working....it's pretty sad...

Kupchuk
04-03-2013, 11:30 PM
im not i guess i didn't get my point across all im trying to say was guild wars 2 did not rush and released it when they were ready all im saying is defiance is not 100% ready to be launched with this many problems

Lion_Turtyle
04-03-2013, 11:31 PM
You may want to try again about guild Wars 2...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19396673
http://www.inquisitr.com/312183/guild-wars-2-launch-encounters-major-connectivity-issues/
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/20600-guild-wars-2-launch-issues-persist-arenanet-temporarily-halts-direct-sales/

Same goes for World of Warcraft...
http://www.tentonhammer.com/wow/editorial/remembering-the-launch-of-wow

Servers were crashing. People were getting stuck in cues that were 10,000 players long. Yup. No MMO has ever experienced the problems that Defiance currently is. Not at all.

Kupchuk
yeah i know i didn't word it properly but that is exactly what i am saying

JonDav
Guild Wars is also not playable on 360. This is a first of it's kind on 360. Just saying. There is a big difference between getting something to run smooth on XBL and PC.

Funny because I played FFXI (a game with MUCH more content and insanely larger) on both PS2 and 360 and never encountered the nonsense this bareboned "MMO" is experiencing...

Digital Parasite
04-03-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm ok with this, the game just came out and they are constantly talking to us about the status of the game, not a lot of games can say that type of stuff when they had the same issues.

Kupchuk
04-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Don't know what those people are talking about never crashed once never lagged so maybe it was the server i was on.

Joker82189
04-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah I was gonna say GW2 had some major issues when it came out.

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Funny because I played FFXI (a game with MUCH more content and insanely larger) on both PS2 and 360 and never encountered the nonsense this bareboned "MMO" is experiencing...

yea but ffxi also isnt a strictly shooter based game either

S0DA POPINSKI
04-03-2013, 11:34 PM
There is no way for them to know until it launches. I have no idea about GW2's launch, but I have been a part of MMO's going from beta to retail before and there was issues. I wouldn't be supprised if they first this first set of issues and next week something else pops up they have to fix. No saying you shouldn't be annoyed, just saying it's not for sure issues they could have seen prelaunch.

S0DA POPINSKI
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Funny because I played FFXI (a game with MUCH more content and insanely larger) on both PS2 and 360 and never encountered the nonsense this bareboned "MMO" is experiencing... FF was a last gen port brought over to 360. It was also released way after on it's own on 360. Not exactly the same thing as whats going on here.

Lion_Turtyle
04-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Yeah I was gonna say GW2 had some major issues when it came out.

So has pretty much every other MMO in existence. World of Warcraft has many issues. EVE Online did too. Guild Wars 2 did as well. Server issues are a natural part of launching an MMO. No matter how many people try to say it isn't. It has happened at the launch of nearly every MMO to date.

JonDav
04-03-2013, 11:36 PM

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand....

Classymadman
so go play guild wars 2 then
im calling the wambulance for you

best comeback ever! this made me laugh

JonDav

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand....

Kupchuk
04-03-2013, 11:38 PM
i agree to some extent but i think they could of done a few things to make a better launch

crypticbutton
Yea GW2 didnt have a smooth launch and they really didnt say anything about what was going on. At least the devs for Defiance acknowledge what is going on and are giving us daily updates on what is on their list to fix. They dont have to do any of this they could just as easily say nothing and fix nothing. If its that big of a deal come back in a few months when the majority of these issues are fixed and try again, no one is forcing you to play.

Joker82189
Of course they do, it's an MMO, and a game of this magnitude on a console is going to have a host of issues to fix. If anyone remembers BRINK, that game took about 2 weeks to fix some of the major lag issues with it. Just take a breather and wait, complaining about it is not going to make it work any faster.

fakewhitey
04-03-2013, 11:39 PM
guild war 2.. the second.. they know what to expect. this is the 1st and its multi-platform

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Of course they do, it's an MMO, and a game of this magnitude on a console is going to have a host of issues to fix. If anyone remembers BRINK, that game took about 2 weeks to fix some of the major lag issues with it. Just take a breather and wait, complaining about it is not going to make it work any faster.

is your GT madd joker lol

FearlessCARNAGE
04-03-2013, 11:41 PM
this is not the first of its kind on xbox ..... FFXX11 and Phantasy Star are both MMO's played on xbox and didnt have this problem

DeathCloud
What is up my toon is not showing up on my ego and all codes are gone

Joker82189
is your GT madd joker lol

Who's mad?

Taaltos
04-03-2013, 11:42 PM
this is not the first of its kind on xbox ..... FFXX11 and Phantasy Star are both MMO's played on xbox and didnt have this problem

Yes, but not on XBox AND PsX AND PC and were NOT released on the same day.

Lion_Turtyle

Neither of those games had nearly as many players. They were both horrible flops and disasters.

cheapinjustice
nvm i got a buddy whos GT is madd joker and i thought you might be him lol

Hazel
"Servers are down!" "Games to laggy!"
Those complaints are getting old much faster than the "excuse" you keep hearing. Honestly regretting not going with the PC version of the game at this point. It scares me that I share this game with you. I just hope area chat doesn't ever have voice.

S0DA POPINSKI
this is not the first of its kind on xbox ..... FFXX11 and Phantasy Star are both MMO's played on xbox and didnt have this problem And they were both last gen ports. And they both launched on their own for 360. This is the first modern MMO on 360.

JonDav
04-03-2013, 11:43 PM
FF was a last gen port brought over to 360. It was also released way after on it's own on 360. Not exactly the same thing as whats going on here.

That doesn't negate the fact that it launched on the 360 with much bigger player base and much more content. It launched on the PS2 with an even bigger player base and through a dated infrastructure. This game is bareboned and has a relatively small player pool. There's no excuse other than this was a rushed cash grab...

MoFetti
I don't think they anticipated the army of Xbox descending upon their servers. They got caught off guard it will get better though.

Joker82189
nvm i got a buddy whos GT is madd joker and i thought you might be him lol

lol nah, actually I was quick enough to get the original Joker character name before some kid took it.

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 11:45 PM
That doesn't negate the fact that it launched on the 360 with much bigger player base and much more content. It launched on the PS2 with an even bigger player base and through a dated infrastructure. This game is bareboned and has a relatively small player pool. There's no excuse other than this was a rushed cash grab...i am curious what is bare boned about this game compared to those others

BUDWISER
04-03-2013, 11:48 PM
I have played many many many MMOs and not one of them EVER had a smooth release EVER.My rule of thumb on MMOs is register the game day 1,get on grab a name if possible log out and come back 2-3 days later.If the "it just released" excuse is getting old for you then obviously you don't have enough day 1,week one or month one MMO experience under your belt yet.

here are some of the ones I have played off the top of my head to give you an idea why this is the norm for me,because absolutely none of them went off without a hitch for the most part the first 2 weeks after release.

WOW
matrix
Tabula Rasa
LoTRO
Conan
Aion
SW galaxies
SW Kotr
Hellgate London
Tera
GW and GW2
Rift

And those are just off the top of my head at 2 in the morning.

Gero
So has pretty much every other MMO in existence. World of Warcraft has many issues. EVE Online did too. Guild Wars 2 did as well. Server issues are a natural part of launching an MMO. No matter how many people try to say it isn't. It has happened at the launch of nearly every MMO to date.

Yeah I was there at the launch of DCU, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, Tera, Aeon and countless others.......

This has to be one of the worst if not THE very worst. Sure everyone had server issues, but this is outa hand. They've been down a ton and half the time they've been up they've been so laggy it's been unplayable.

At this point people are allowed to be mad. I'm sorry but they are. A 20 min down time here, an hour for a patch there, that's understandable. This is a lot worse than that.....and all of you trying to compare this to other mmo launches are really underplaying just how bad it's been.

Joker316
I dont know what you are talking about. I havent had any lag issues, no glitches except for mission glitch that doesnt allow you to talk to the NPC, in which i just log out and back in to fix. GW2 had big issues at release and many many accounts were hacked within days of release. WoW still to this date the biggest MMO of all has issues with release of each xpac.

in my experience with MMO's i have to say it has been a fairly smooth start, but that will fall on deaf ears because ppl just like to QQ over everything

gryste
I don't think they anticipated the army of Xbox descending upon their servers. They got caught off guard it will get better though.

This excuse is over used too. It's a sign of terrible market research and planning.

cheapinjustice
04-03-2013, 11:51 PM
don't get me wrong this is bad but i am looking at it like this they were all a single platform for one, two they were pc exclusive and three the were not shooter based needing to run an engine that is twitch based for controlls, but all in all yes it is bad but at times i have been able to play for a few hrs and no problems i have confidence that it will get smoother and this will be an after thought and we will all have a beer and laugh about this lol

StickyChief
04-03-2013, 11:51 PM
How's the excuse getting old? It's been 2 days?

Griff
04-04-2013, 12:12 AM

this is not the first mmo on 360 final fantasy 11 has been on 360 for many years.

Cazzleck
04-04-2013, 12:14 AM
this is not the first mmo 360 final fantasy 11 has been on 360 for many years.
Phantasy Star Universe Was the first MMO on xbox 360 good sir. Sorry forcorrecting you but still. PSU came out in 2006

Midnyght
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
this is not the first mmo on 360 final fantasy 11 has been on 360 for many years.

FFXI is a completely different story on the 360. It never really had launch issues on 360, because, well.. it already went through it's launch issues on PS2/PC back in the day. I played FFXI on it's NA launch, and it was a headache and a half. And that was even with the servers already having been up forever since the JP launch.

Snugglebuns
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
How's the excuse getting old? It's been 2 days?

Lol I thought the exact same thing. Hopefully by the end of the week this will just be something we look back at and laugh about ;)

nuarblack
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Excuses or not they need to get it fixed as I think the game has real potential. The 2.5 hours of solid gameplay I got in the other day was great. the 6-8 hours of attempting to play have been frustrating. I wish this MMO fad would just die. It is way over rated and results in these server problems every time. Plus the games get diluted and over simplified. I was really impressed with Rifts launch as compared to others it was great, may have had to do with the head start program it had that helped spread out some of the front end sever demand that plagues MMO launches. Unfortunately I don't think that was much of an option for xbox. So that being said if a bunch of you want to rage quit and run off it won't bother me. Sparsely populated servers function better and I only need a handful of buddies anyway to enjoy the content.

Griff
04-04-2013, 12:21 AM
FFXI is a completely different story on the 360. It never really had launch issues on 360, because, well.. it already went through it's launch issues on PS2/PC back in the day. I played FFXI on it's NA launch, and it was a headache and a half. And that was even with the servers already having been up forever since the JP launch.
i never said any thing about issues. i was just replying to the statement that defiance is the fist mmo on 360. it is not the first but it might be the last.

Griff
04-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Phantasy Star Universe Was the first MMO on xbox 360 good sir. Sorry forcorrecting you but still. PSU came out in 2006

i was just tryn to point out that defiance was not the first. i never said ff11 was the first.

swarmingzombies
04-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Neither of those games had nearly as many players. They were both horrible flops and disasters. psu might have been but ffxi is still growing strong with a new expansion pack and has had a monthly fee for the last 11 years :cool:

swarmingzombies
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Phantasy Star Universe Was the first MMO on xbox 360 good sir. Sorry forcorrecting you but still. PSU came out in 2006 true but it not there anymore :(

Mack
04-04-2013, 12:52 AM
This is terrible... people say all MMO's have the problem? well umm Guild wars 2 is 10x the game this is and has had a perfect launch in my eyes never crashed at all! so the excuse of "it just got released give it a few days" is Ridiculous because i understand its new... So i don't care when a bug happens to me, But the fact im crashing and can't do my pursuits or PvP without crashing is ridiculous... Come on Trion take your thumb out of your *** and work boys. because im starting to think this game was not ready to be released. The only reason you released it was because of the TV show coming out 2 weeks later... my opinon game is not ready its 95% of the way there

All i am saying is they should of pushed it back don't release a game when its not ready! because i understand Guild wars 2 is on the PC! point is they way waited till it was ready

Did Guild of wars 2 release on all 3 Platforms at the same time.... i Think not

Godwings102
04-04-2013, 01:02 AM
Well, they have this game accross 3 different platforms, and no matter how much internal testing they do it doesn't prepare them for people actually connecting to their servers and putting it through the grinder the 1st few days.

Flavvor
04-04-2013, 01:10 AM

FFXI MMO is also on XBOX. I'm just pointing out it's not the first of it's kind on the console.

Flavvor
04-04-2013, 01:19 AM

I totally agree with you on this one. Bought a new disc for the xbox release of the game and I can't remember it being bad. I played on the PS2 for years and I was happy to play on the 360 instead.

Flavvor
04-04-2013, 01:21 AM

FFXI has made more money for SE then any of there other FF titles. This came out a couple of months ago.