PDA

View Full Version : STAFF: Will they refund all in game purchases using bits for this server down period?

chefwhitey
04-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Last night and this morning the game was running fine so I decided to purchase some boosters for the game. I didnt know that it was running time based. I thought it was logged on game play based. I bought a total of 10 booster that are now getting waisted. Will we get refunded those bits that we spent?

Ninjatourettes
04-03-2013, 11:43 PM
I'd like an answer on this too, I've lost over 24 hours so far. I love the game and eventually well get stablility. But I kinda wanted to use my boosts for grind sessions... Which get cut in half because of a server outage. Open a new server or something already guys, I know it's not cheap, but you've got our cash. Fix this.

chefwhitey
04-03-2013, 11:49 PM
At first I wasnt sure if i was going to get any boosts. But after playing the game for a little, I decided to because I really was enjoying myself playing this game. But now i feel that I waisted more money on this game and cant use those boosts that I payed for. I really hope they refund all bits purchased during this period. I even bought some armor and extra slots. I feel its the least they could do is give me back all points i spent because this game is unplayable and servers are constantly down. Like they are again, right now.

chefwhitey
04-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Also, its refunding the bits, not the microsoft points that I spent. That means that they still get the money anyway.

Chicago
04-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I also purchased a booster but realized it was at my own risk. It's not brain surgery guys, if the server is acting up and this is really going to hurt you so much financially that you're going to ask for a refund, just don't buy them to begin with. It is day 2 and this is a MMO. Battlefield 3 had problems 2 weeks into launch with their servers. You need to give them time to make it perfect. WOW and other MMOs took time to shape. Send me your info and I'll mail you the 50 cents so you can get a gumball. Seriously though, you had to understand the risk of buying this day 2. Also I doubt you would have used all 24 hours anyway.

gryste
04-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Tbh I was surprised you could buy these day 1.

UsuallyDope
04-03-2013, 11:56 PM
TRION refund my time when I'm sleeping cause it's wasting my minnerrrrrrts! ERMAHGERDDDDDDD

Should've waited to activate them from the store. MMO's are awful on the first days. People should know this.

Jace
04-03-2013, 11:58 PM
I;m wishing I waited to use my UE game code for the 7 day boosts. I will buy more boosts once servers stabilize though.

Gero
04-03-2013, 11:59 PM
TRION refund my time when I'm sleeping cause it's wasting my minnerrrrrrts! ERMAHGERDDDDDDD

Should've waited to activate them from the store. MMO's are awful on the first days. People should know this.

Okay then why did they sell them right away? It's one thing when people are sleeping or choosing not to play, but when people are here, ready to play and use something they paid real money for then they should be able to use it. End of story. People who paid for boosts deserve to get those bits back....

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Okay then why did they sell them right away? It's one thing when people are sleeping or choosing not to play, but when people are here, ready to play and use something they paid real money for then they should be able to use it. End of story. People who paid for boosts deserve to get those bits back....

I completely agree bro! Trion should also refund me for the time I'm sleeping, since I'm not in game benefiting from it. duhhhhhh

EDIT: A waste of money is 800 MS points for a GRFS map pack, then that playlist completely not functioning, and Ubisoft not fixing it at all.

Chicago
04-04-2013, 12:02 AM
The boost cost like 50 cents. They would not have used all 24 hours regardless. People are cheap and want free bits. Thats what this topic should be renamed to. If you want a refund walk around walmart and look for change on the ground.

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:03 AM
I also purchased a booster but realized it was at my own risk. It's not brain surgery guys, if the server is acting up and this is really going to hurt you so much financially that you're going to ask for a refund, just don't buy them to begin with. It is day 2 and this is a MMO. Battlefield 3 had problems 2 weeks into launch with their servers. You need to give them time to make it perfect. WOW and other MMOs took time to shape. Send me your info and I'll mail you the 50 cents so you can get a gumball. Seriously though, you had to understand the risk of buying this day 2. Also I doubt you would have used all 24 hours anyway.

As i stated i thought it was 24 hour in game play, not 24 hour from time of purchase. I also bought every boost besides clan boosts. Thats 10 in total. I am not being cheap, I was supporting the game that I found to be fun. I bought them when i got back online today because yesterday the servers were not acting like this and group play was working fine. Now the game is unplayable when servers are up, most of the night the servers have been down. And if i knew that this would happen I wouldn't of considered doing any micro transactions with this game. They put the in game purchases available in game, but are failing to provide what people payed for. There was no disclaimer, to purchase at your own risk. I spent $10 on boosts and i would like to get my moneys worth.

Gero
04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
I completely agree bro! Trion should also refund me for the time I'm sleeping, since I'm not in game benefiting from it. duhhhhhh

-_-

Okay

Sure....

Sleeping = requirement for life not controlled by Trion

Trions servers being down = TRIONS SERVERS controlled by Trion and in no way controlled by the player.

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:05 AM

Most people that play strictly console are not familiar with mmo's because this is the first one for the xbox.

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:06 AM
-_-

Okay

Sure....

Sleeping = requirement for life not controlled by Trion

Trions servers being down = TRIONS SERVERS controlled by Trion and in no way controlled by the player.

I think you mean

Trions Servers being down = Them working really hard to bring them back up so you can get the most out of your $0.80 XP boost and quit b*tching.

EDIT: Yeah, I get that most console gamers aren't aware with common MMO things. However, Final Fantasy had an MMO on consoles, as well as Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox 360. Now, these weren't great but just pointing out they exist. This is however the biggest one on consoles to date. Third tries the charm, right?

Ninjatourettes
04-04-2013, 12:07 AM
EDIT: A waste of money is GRFS

Truthfully I feel this makes more sense.

Chicago
04-04-2013, 12:07 AM
As i stated i thought it was 24 hour in game play, not 24 hour from time of purchase. I also bought every boost besides clan boosts. Thats 10 in total. I am not being cheap, I was supporting the game that I found to be fun. I bought them when i got back online today because yesterday the servers were not acting like this and group play was working fine. Now the game is unplayable when servers are up, most of the night the servers have been down. And if i knew that this would happen I wouldn't of considered doing any micro transactions with this game. They put the in game purchases available in game, but are failing to provide what people payed for. There was no disclaimer, to purchase at your own risk. I spent $10 on boosts and i would like to get my moneys worth.
I understand what you are saying but you had to understand the risk. Their servers have been unstable since launch. I purchased bits yesterday and even with the outages I managed to get my money worth. If they give you, they would be giving me one. I do not deserve one because I used mine. Would that be fair?>

Inda Skies 01
04-04-2013, 12:08 AM

Should've waited to activate them from the store. MMO's are awful onn the first days. People should know this.

But not everyone does, and because of this, people who have had their purchases stolen from them should just accept because it's an "MMO". A purchase is a purchase, and if it is being wasted due to issues with the developer, being completely out of the consumers hands, bits should be refunded. I haven't purchased anything, i'm just speaking logically

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:10 AM
But not everyone does, and because of this, people who have had their purchases stolen from them should just accept because it's an "MMO". A purchase is a purchase, and if it is being wasted due to issues with the developer, being completely out of the consumers hands, bits should be refunded. I haven't purchased anything, i'm just speaking logically

Um, I'm sorry, but buying something, like an XP boost on a timer, then the servers go down is NOT theft. It is however; a series of unfortunate events. If you left your phone in a cab and it drove away, would you say the hack stole your phone? No, its a series of unfortunate events. AGAIN it's freaking 80 cents. Since bits are the same value as MS points. If you cry about 80 cents, probably shouldn't be paying 60 bucks a year for live.

Also, yes, a better statement is GRFS in general was a waste of money. Ubisoft seems to be butchering their old franchises. Hopefully Rainbow Six doesn't get that "futuristic" overhaul as well
-_____- I have high hopes for RS:Patriots

Inda Skies 01
04-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I think you mean

Trions Servers being down = Them working really hard to bring them back up so you can get the most out of your $0.80 XP boost and quit b*tching.

EDIT: Yeah, I get that most console gamers aren't aware with common MMO things. However, Final Fantasy had an MMO on consoles, as well as Phantasy Star Online for the Xbox 360. Now, these weren't great but just pointing out they exist. This is however the biggest one on consoles to date. Third tries the charm, right?

And do you really find that logical?

"You spent money on in game purchases that completely due to our error, you weren't able to utilize. However, because we're working hard to fix it, we feel those empty transactions are justifiable"

Mudblood
04-04-2013, 12:12 AM
I accedently used my 72 hour self xp boost. Ment to save it for the weekend. Oh well. Not going to moan and complain like everybody else.

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:13 AM
I think you mean

So far I invested $90 in this game. $25 of it in game purchases. I am not asking for my money back just the in game money back. So I can reorder my boosts when game is fixed. In game they use bits not microsoft points. You need to buy bits with microsoft points. i just want the bits back not the microsoft points.

stormbringer328
04-04-2013, 12:14 AM
Okay, with your line of thinking we shouldn't have even bought it for a month, right? Because it's outrageous for a person to spend a lot of their hard earned money on something that has more issues than it ought to. It's not the number of issues, it's the consistency and duration. If the game wasn't ready it wasn't ready. You, friend, who are so much more thoughtful than us mortals, please tell us where we should go from here? I like this game. No, I love what I have played, but I'm getting tired of folks like you telling us we shouldn't be even a little upset that things aren't going as planned. They told us they'd be giving us gourmet cake. We saw pictures of gourmet cake. We rush out a buy the gourmet cake. We open up the package and we have an insta-cake. Sure, someone thinks it may taste gourmet, but it sure as hell doesn't look gourmet. Def. not what they said it'd look like.

Inda Skies 01
04-04-2013, 12:15 AM
Um, I'm sorry, but buying something, like an XP boost on a timer, then the servers go down is NOT theft. It is however; a series of unfortunate events. If you left your phone in a cab and it drove away, would you say the hack stole your phone? No, its a series of unfortunate events. AGAIN it's freaking 80 cents. Since bits are the same value as MS points. If you cry about 80 cents, probably shouldn't be paying 60 bucks a year for live.

But he did not leave his phone in a cab? Purchasing something that does not work due COMPLETELY to developer issues is not his own stupidity whatsoever. What you don't see, is not the amount that was spent, it is the principle, and I stand by the OP in the fact it should be refunded in bits. Seems like you inherit characteristics of a push over. Just saying

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:15 AM
I accedently used my 72 hour self xp boost. Ment to save it for the weekend. Oh well. Not going to moan and complain like everybody else.

That was a free one that came with preorder, you didnt spend money on that one. The one you buy in game should be refunded.

Chicago
04-04-2013, 12:16 AM
It's an MMO this isn't Call of Duty kids.
I love how this guy went from buy a 50cent boost to 10$ to 25$. The number keeps rising.

Inda Skies 01
Okay, with your line of thinking we shouldn't have even bought it for a month, right? Because it's outrageous for a person to spend a lot of their hard earned money on something that has more issues than it ought to. It's not the number of issues, it's the consistency and duration. If the game wasn't ready it wasn't ready. You, friend, who are so much more thoughtful than us mortals, please tell us where we should go from here? I like this game. No, I love what I have played, but I'm getting tired of folks like you telling us we shouldn't be even a little upset that things aren't going as planned. They told us they'd be giving us gourmet cake. We saw pictures of gourmet cake. We rush out a buy the gourmet cake. We open up the package and we have an insta-cake. Sure, someone thinks it may taste gourmet, but it sure as hell doesn't look gourmet. Def. not what they said it'd look like.

+1 on that

chefwhitey
But he did not leave his phone in a cab? Purchasing something that does not work due COMPLETELY to developer issues is not his own stupidity whatsoever. What you don't see, is not the amount that was spent, it is the principle, and I stand by the OP in the fact it should be refunded in bits. Seems like you inherit characteristics of a push over. Just saying

Agreed!!!!!!!!

Gero
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM
I think you mean

The fanboy is strong with this one...

Just stop!
STAHP!

I mean are you really trying to make Trion out to be the hard working victim here? I didn't buy anything myself, but still people spent money on something they aren't getting to use because of server issues.

This isn't a 20 minute downtime here okay? The servers have been down for hours on end and quite frequently. First off all Trion had to do was make boosts for a set time IN GAME and they wouldn't be having these issues. If they would have done 10 hours of play time instead of 24 hours ticking down even when you're not in game they would have had no issues here. No one would be upset. I'm sorry but if people pay money for something they should be able to use it.

If you buy a ticket for a 2 hour movie at 8pm and you show up at 9pm well thats your fault. If you buy a ticket for a 2 hour movie at 8pm and the projector breaks 45 mins in and they can't fix it then you would probably get a free movie ticket Why? Because thats their fault, and it doesn't matter if its a new theater.

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:17 AM

The game IS ready, the servers however, were not and could not possibly be ready because the only time the servers were "stress tested" was during the beta, which was a FRACTION of the people trying to log in now. Do you know what a DDOS is? That's basically what happens the first couple days of an MMO launch, so much activity through the log in servers, they usually break until the company figures out the right settings and hardware fixes needed. Your post shows how completely ignorant you are when it comes to the inner workings of games. Don't whine and moan about things you don't understand or don't even attempt to understand. It just makes you look f*ckin ******ed.

Inda Skies 01
04-04-2013, 12:18 AM
It's an MMO this isn't Call of Duty kids.
I love how this guy went from buy a 50cent boost to 10$ to 25$. The number keeps rising.

And because it's an MMO, not providing a purchased service is justifiable? I think not.

Chicago
Can OP please rename thread to "Too Lazy to get a real job: please refund me for the imaginary 25$ in bits I purchased"

Jardian
Just a small note. If the server is down the timer cant tick ....so you dont lose time for server down time.

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Just a small note. If the server is down the timer cant tick ....so you dont lose time for server down time.

OH look, LOGIC! On these forums? Noooo way!!! :D I like this kid.

And because it's an MMO, not providing a purchased service is justifiable? I think not.

MMO's have dedicated servers, they aren't Peer-to-peer connections like matchmade multiplayer. but you probably have no idea what that means, sooooo I'm just gonna go...

Chicago
04-04-2013, 12:20 AM

Owned the OP if this is true.

Chicago
04-04-2013, 12:20 AM
OH look, LOGIC! On these forums? Noooo way!!! :D I like this kid.

Trust me they will still find a way to continue this in an attempt to get free bits.

Inda Skies 01
04-04-2013, 12:22 AM

...if PC works fine, and PC has worked fine but 360 is down, leads me to believe at some point there is a central working server. Since, of course, even the developer stated cross-platform connectivity is possible with this game. My opinion

EDIT: I meant PC and PS3

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:24 AM
...if PC works fine, and PC has worked fine but 360 is down, leads me to believe at some point there is a central working server. Since, of course, even the developer stated cross-platform connectivity is possible with this game. My opinion

Possible, but not legal. MS and Sony shut that down REAL quick. The only place you can play cross platform is at the defiance studios which sledge said in a live stream. However, each console has it's own servers. That's ALSO why earlier on twitter they said they took down the xbox servers to do fixes and put them back up. They did not have to take PC and PS3 down to do this. Which means they all have independent servers.

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Owned the OP if this is true.

But the fact is that the time is continuing to tick. for that brief half hour window that i got to log back on it was time was down from original purchase point.

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:26 AM
But the fact is that the time is continuing to tick. for that brief half hour window that i got to log back on it was time was down from original purchase point.

If the server is not online... time is not ticking or passing on the server.

If you turn off your DVD player does the movie keep playing, or stop and remember where you were?

Is that simple enough to understand?

Physic
04-04-2013, 12:26 AM
Last night and this morning the game was running fine so I decided to purchase some boosters for the game. I didnt know that it was running time based. I thought it was logged on game play based. I bought a total of 10 booster that are now getting waisted. Will we get refunded those bits that we spent?

I'm sorry sir, shame is non refundable

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:28 AM
If the server is not online... time is not ticking or passing on the server.

Vhailas
04-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Blizzard credited me 3 days of game time when their servers were down for like a week and a half, once.

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:34 AM
Blizzard credited me 3 days of game time when their servers were down for like a week and a half, once.

Yeah? Too bad you can only buy it in month increments... so all they really did was postpone taking your $15 a month for 3 days one month. Not really a credit... a nice gesture by them though.

Vhailas
04-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Pretty much. And I loved every moment of it.

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Because they somehow got a population the size of the one on launch day to test the servers out before launch... right? NOPE. The beta population was probably like 10% of the people that tried to play today if that. Sorry you don't understand technology. Also, I'm sorry you didn't pay attention in english class. JEEEEEZ.

Do you not realize that I never said that I wanted my money back. I just said the in game bits back. If they refund them they still keep the money and the refund never leaves there pocket. I understand that they are having difficulties and i am being very patient on that side. I just want the in game purchases back so I can repurchase them when the game is running smooth. Thats not to much to ask.

I know that the servers are stressed, this is obvious. But i keep telling my friends to pick this game up because this game will be great one the servers are fixed. but until that point, I paid for an extra service and did not get what I payed for.

By your logic if you bought something off of amazon and they didnt send it to you you would be ok with that. If you like to waiste money thats fine, but I dont.

Spike9
04-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Asking for a refund for purchased items on day 2 is unresonable...but what about the time i was promised of xp and scrit boost purchased as part of the ultimate package. I would like them to do the math of server down time and at least refund us the bits towards 24 hours boost to make up for lost time...i would be satified with that...as long as it IS equivilent to the time lost...i also believe the should only be available to the participants who were entitled to the boosts...

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Do you not realize that I never said that I wanted my money back. I just said the in game bits back. If they refund them they still keep the money and the refund never leaves there pocket. I understand that they are having difficulties and i am being very patient on that side. I just want the in game purchases back so I can repurchase them when the game is running smooth. Thats not to much to ask.

I know that the servers are stressed, this is obvious. But i keep telling my friends to pick this game up because this game will be great one the servers are fixed. but until that point, I paid for an extra service and did not get what I payed for.

By your logic if you bought something off of amazon and they didnt send it to you you would be ok with that. If you like to waiste money thats fine, but I dont.

No, because now THAT would be theft. That's not my logic at all. You're complaining because you are not getting the full use out of something you've used partially. Them[amazon] taking money and just flat out not sending the product is a completely different situation. If you're gonna make comparisons, at least make ones that will make sense to everyone, not just you technologically inept self.

Twitchlx
04-04-2013, 12:52 AM

correct and incorrect: while the server is down nothing is going to change time wise. But anything that is tied to a "Date and Time" stamp (such as a purchase of product) with a timer accociated with it, will upon the servers being brought back online will automatical revert to the time of original purchase for how long is left on said timer. My only gripe about the whole issue is that I did not realize it was real world time vs. game clock time. I would have waited till next week to use mine otherwise.

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Asking for a refund for purchased items on day 2 is unresonable...but what about the time i was promised of xp and scrit boost purchased as part of the ultimate package. I would like them to do the math of server down time and at least refund us the bits towards 24 hours boost to make up for lost time...i would be satified with that...as long as it IS equivilent to the time lost...i also believe the should only be available to the participants who were entitled to the boosts...

I am not asking for a cash (microsoft points) refund, just in game credit of the bits that I used. They get to keep the money. The only thing that they are doing is letting me reorder the boosts that cost them nothing.

chefwhitey
04-04-2013, 12:55 AM
correct and incorrect: while the server is down nothing is going to change time wise. But anything that is tied to a "Date and Time" stamp (such as a purchase of product) with a timer accociated with it, will upon the servers being brought back online will automatical revert to the time of original purchase for how long is left on said timer. My only gripe about the whole issue is that I did not realize it was real world time vs. game clock time. I would have waited till next week to use mine otherwise.

That was my thought as well!

TripMyWire
04-04-2013, 01:03 AM
Cant wait for the tears when they reduce the price of bit items in a months time.

Better start writing down how much you spend so you can come up with a thread moaning how you have been ripped off guys ;)

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 01:03 AM
The whole point I've been trying to enlighten you on... is that no one knew these issues were going to happen (including Trion) until they happen. Even Blizzard after launch 3 huge online titles with multiple Xpacs still can't do a seamless launch. So why do you expect Trion (whose only claim to fame so far is Rift) to do a better job of launching an MMO than the Titan of the genre, Blizzard?

TripMyWire
04-04-2013, 01:11 AM
I mean seriously why do you think all the prices were jacked up from beta? so they can buy more servers and pay staff to work like dogs first month to fix the kind of issues we are having now.

If you have brought boosts with real money these three days cheers for paying for my game to be fixed :)

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 01:30 AM
I mean seriously why do you think all the prices were jacked up from beta? so they can buy more servers and pay staff to work like dogs first month to fix the kind of issues we are having now.

If you have brought boosts with real money these three days cheers for paying for my game to be fixed :)

This dude literally looks like Will Ferrel in his sig cheering about your bit purchases. lulz.

Bad Instincts
04-04-2013, 01:42 AM
That's the price to pay for support Microtransactions. If you didn't waste your money in things you can get free in game you weren't asking a refund. Sometimes is better take the hard way than the easy way.

Kita Rouge
04-04-2013, 02:22 AM
So far, Chefwhitey's been pretty reasonable about this conversation.
A few others have as well.
UsuallyDope is just throwing out curses and trying to win an argument by belittling those he's arguing with.
I understand that this is the Internet. It happens.
Surely, we can go about this with a little more decorum?

As for the point at hand?
I'd say a small refunds or timer reset isn't unreasonable. You've shot down the Amazon analogy.
How about if Microsoft sold you 12 months of Xbox Live... Then, you could get on those 12 months but only 7 of the months you would be able to use it?
I would have a problem with that.
He's not being unreasonable either. He asked politely and made a decent point.
I've not bought anything because I understand the problems with an MMOs launch, but it would be a nice gesture on their part.

Alyn
04-04-2013, 05:29 AM
Hey folks,

Just a reminder to please keep your posts on topic, civil and constructive.

Thanks!

Kargion
04-04-2013, 05:37 AM
More than likely this is a no. If you read the TOS for any mmo, you basically say you understand that the server could go down at any time for any period. That being said you buy boost at your own risk basically. Be nice if they do refund the people some time who bought this all ready. I have decided until it stops crashing every day I wont buy anything from the store.

sc9000
04-04-2013, 06:07 AM
I Think they will offer something for those, that been dealing with issues on the bits , Trion is going to need to take care of the early adapters , Make them happy, so that down the road more people will buy stuff. This way people thinking about buying Bits will not hesitate and feel that if something happens to server that day they will not get ripped off. because Word of mouth is more powerful then websites or advertisements. Now if server is closing( NOT shutting down for maintence or bad server) i think at that point i would then not buy bits, and trion would do everything in the TOS to get money.