PDA

View Full Version : Heyyyyyyyyyyyy sexy lady

Grey
02-05-2013, 12:44 AM
I never got why guys would play as female character, just kinda thought it was odd.

That's my two cents and yes if you have nothing better to do post PSY gifs :D:cool:

nateD
02-05-2013, 02:11 AM
In games where you see your character most of the time (especially since you can see it from the back) some people prefer to look at women's butt rather than on men's butt;)

lPATT
02-05-2013, 02:38 AM
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/210027/psy.gif i personally prefer playing as a guys, i am sexist i guess when it come to my avatar xD

Grey
02-05-2013, 02:41 AM
fun fact the Siren from Borderlands her body is modeled after a guy :I

Dead_Phoenix
02-05-2013, 04:55 AM
In games where you see your character most of the time (especially since you can see it from the back) some people prefer to look at women's butt rather than on men's butt;)

i play both, but same reason for why i make female characters, if im going to spend 40/50/100 hours staring at a backside, may as well make it female.

Tsugi
02-05-2013, 04:57 AM
I perfer to look at female character. :>

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 05:12 AM
Never played as a female character... NOT once. I don't get it myself. Don't like the whiny grunts, the poor shaped models on most games, it just doesn't do anything for me. I usually RP in most MMO's anyway, so I guess that's that.

snippax
02-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I never got why guys would play as female character, just kinda thought it was odd.

That's my two cents and yes if you have nothing better to do post PSY gifs :D:cool:

I'm a little curious: do you think women playing as male characters is odd?

Fiancee
02-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Its odd question what comes up quite often, why to even think about it?

I sometimes play as female, some classes are better as females imho or sometimes male character are too fat (kingdoms of amalur..) etc etc. KoA male character looks like some wrestler steroid dude. ( Myll_Erik.... sorry......) Yeah, that said, sometimes female is just better.

Aaricane
02-05-2013, 12:29 PM
EDIT: Nevermind

Grey
02-05-2013, 01:44 PM
and to the person who wondered if I thought it was weird if females played as males I don't just for the fact that 98% of leads in games nowadays are male and the ones who are female are done poorly, maybe if there was more Samus and Fem Sheps I'd play as a female but I didn't buy my game for "eyecandy" lol no offense meant x.x

or that fact that when a female gets hurt in game half the time it sounds like moaning, or are just half naked i.e heavy armor that is just leather straps or the huge butts in Halo Reach lol

Memori
02-05-2013, 01:47 PM
I play as female characters exclusively, their aesthetics appeal to me more, that's all. It's really as simple as that. If anyone has a problem with it, it's their problem and not mine and I'm not going to justify why I play them anymore than that.

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 03:30 PM
BAH, I lied. I just got to thinking about it and in Path of Exile I created a female bow character thinking bows were tied in to them... then 5 minutes into the game I realized they're not and dumped the character. Haven't logged into her again since. I guess that would be the only exception for me is if the class was specific to that sex.

Yooji
02-05-2013, 04:08 PM
http://img.imtwelve.com/gallery/42taion1.jpg

thank you trion, for having a decent character customization feature.

OT: I like mixing it up sometimes, really depends on the character creation feature. crimecraft gangwars on steam? anyone? lol

Duerdal
02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Each character I play in an mmo is just that a character ( bit of an rp'er ), I don't think of it as me, my life is ok so don't need to imagine I'm in some war torn hell, or a knight that is going to get gutted. Instead I enjoy playing a character that is not me, some mmos that is a guy other games a female character fits better. It's just fantasy, plain and simple.

Twarrior
02-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Never played a female character but I suppose looking at female parts is far better than a male but if I'm playing a game I don't spend much time eyeballing the character. On another note I just saw the Path of Exile game yesterday. Everything Diablo III should have been but failed miserably at, especially with D3 being a game you had to buy.

BAH, I lied. I just got to thinking about it and in Path of Exile I created a female bow character thinking bows were tied in to them... then 5 minutes into the game I realized they're not and dumped the character. Haven't logged into her again since. I guess that would be the only exception for me is if the class was specific to that sex.

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Never played a female character but I suppose looking at female parts is far better than a male but if I'm playing a game I don't spend much time eyeballing the character. On another note I just saw the Path of Exile game yesterday. Everything Diablo III should have been but failed miserably at, especially with D3 being a game you had to buy.

Path of Exile as an action RPG is absolutely AMAZING. Been testing that game for months now and it's gotten better and better. It truly outclasses D3 in every possible way.

Grey
02-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Speaking of MMOs was Kotor Online ok? or just decent?

Grey
02-05-2013, 05:13 PM

thank you trion, for having a decent character customization feature.

OT: I like mixing it up sometimes, really depends on the character creation feature. crimecraft gangwars on steam? anyone? lol

AND this ^ I just want to set that on fire!!!

Suun Brakur
02-05-2013, 05:36 PM
I think I am some what getting use to it, but what gets me is that I am a female playing as a female and the other players assuming that I am a guy. The guys are shock when they hear my voice. I was playing Dust514 and I was asked a question and when they heard me for the first time and they made a comment is there a girl on the mic? I was thinking my character is a female why would you think that I was not a female myself?

I would think the players would be too busy being engaged in the game than staring at their characters backside. I guess. Well on with the game.

Memori
02-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I would think the players would be too busy being engaged in the game than staring at their characters backside. I guess. Well on with the game.

This annoys me (not you, not what you've said) just the stereotype - Oh guy playing female character, he obviously wants to stare at that assdamncensor. I just like the aesthetic more. I played castanic in Tera, not because of the skimpy armour, but because their face options appealed to me the most, I loved the horns, their run had personality and they were a smaller hitbox and weren't children (Elin).

First target in PvP, always.

Yooji
02-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I think I am some what getting use to it, but what gets me is that I am a female playing as a female and the other players assuming that I am a guy. The guys are shock when they hear my voice. I was playing Dust514 and I was asked a question and when they heard me for the first time and they made a comment is there a girl on the mic? I was thinking my character is a female why would you think that I was not a female myself?

I usually did in WoW, jumping around in a city, being bored, staring at my character. raid lockouts do that to you :x this won't be the case in defiance though .. hopefully

and female char doesn't necessarily mean female irl. I personally don't give two ----- what gender the people i play with have.

Yooji
02-05-2013, 05:53 PM
This annoys me (not you, not what you've said) just the stereotype - Oh guy playing female character, he obviously wants to stare at that assdamncensor. I just like the aesthetic more. I played castanic in Tera, not because of the skimpy armour, but because their face options appealed to me the most, I loved the horns, their run had personality and they were a smaller hitbox and weren't children (Elin).

I played an Elin Lancer on Essenia, apparently I'm a p.e.d.o.p.h.i.l.e according to some people :x

Memori
02-05-2013, 06:01 PM
I played an Elin Lancer on Essenia, apparently I'm a p.e.d.o.p.h.i.l.e according to some people :x

I never mentioned anywhere in my post that the people playing Elins are what you said in the quote. I just view them as children, even if the lore said otherwise.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

Yooji
02-05-2013, 06:06 PM
I never mentioned anywhere in my post that the people playing Elins are what you said in the quote. I just view them as children, even if the lore said otherwise.

I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way.

huh no I wasn't talking about you, I meant the tera community in general lol :)

nateD
02-05-2013, 06:07 PM

Hmmm, oh well, try female dwarf in Lineage 2 ;)

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Oh guy playing female character, he obviously wants to stare at that assdamncensor.

So much of me wants to make that my new forum signature.

Grey
02-06-2013, 01:17 AM
:I

Just want to say I love all of you people xD and was playing with some buddies and the "answer" we came up with is this, and it's pretty simple some RPGs put females in what they call "heavy armor" I.E the leather straps across the chest or the oh so heavily armored mini skirt that is a little too mini and really some folks just want to watch the world jiggle, and then there are the decent RPers who make a character for a story or to just have fun (which is most folks really) but it's the guys living in there mom's basement who never shower/bath/anything and just eat Doritos and watch...mature "films" on there PC and it gives the rest of them bad names.

(I have nothing against Mom's Basement nor Doritos or...films)

.-. and please don't reply with angry anythings cause it's 3:15 AM and my brain don't work the way it should

Adamathias
02-06-2013, 01:33 AM
If I make a female character, it is usually because I feel that a female character is better suited in that story then a male. Only twice have I made a female character, and both were for Fallout and Fallout New Vegas. the story for Fallout much better suited a female character than a male. In both cases the strong, independent Survivalist just suited the stories and the world that Fallout gives.

Grey
02-07-2013, 04:05 AM
If I make a female character, it is usually because I feel that a female character is better suited in that story then a male. Only twice have I made a female character, and both were for Fallout and Fallout New Vegas. the story for Fallout much better suited a female character than a male. In both cases the strong, independent Survivalist just suited the stories and the world that Fallout gives.

Very true, that is a very good point

nateD
02-07-2013, 04:38 AM
On the other hand - it's just a game. Does it really matter who plays which character/gender? I thought it's about fun ;)

SmgUk
02-07-2013, 06:19 AM
I never make female characters because I'm not female lol. And as for the whole preferring to stare at a females behind point well at the end of day its a game not real life and its all just pixels, besides i've not once stared at a characters bum whilst playing gears of war etc i tend to concentrate on what I'm shooting lol

Halek Tracer
02-07-2013, 07:13 AM
I mostly play as male characters, but I think the voice acting of female characters are great. I enjoyed playing thru Mass Effect as fem shep and laughed my entire Boberlands 2 playthrough using the mechromancer Gaige.

savagekiller
02-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I thank it goes in to how much time someone puts in to making their avatar, male or female , it's all about game play.

Kaoslion
02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
I think there is multiple reasons. Some guys just prefer the female models to male models to choose from, Some games the female models just look better then the males. Also some people tend to play female characters and RP the I don't know what i'm doing help a noob gamer girl out with a few credits and maybe some gear. A lot of reasons why people choose playing as the opposite sex.

Sandric
02-08-2013, 01:23 PM
It really depends on the game/class. I normally play a guy as I am a guy (and model it as near me as possible.. -30 or so lbs of course). But, some classes/armors/races whatever do not look good as the other sex which often determines that. One example was on LOTRO, Loremaster robes looked really odd to me on guys, thus a girl. I had an female elf hunter cuz... well both elf sexes look and moved kinda the same so thought why not. My burg/captain/minstrel all were guys.

Grey
02-09-2013, 01:11 AM
I think the only time I really devoted myself to a female character was in Mass Effect 1-2-3 just cause I was like, screw it I wanna kick butt in space as a chick just for the fact I was tired of the not so original looking male models you were stuck with, and the fact the voice actor was awesome for the female

lisa9126
02-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Female sometime play male characters only when we don't want to be bothered... I have been asked many times if I was really a girl..
group voice is a good thing sometimes

lisa

Grey
02-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Doing a Mass Effect run with a female :I Picture Captain Kirk but a lady and you get my character

TheStigsVegCousin
02-10-2013, 06:31 AM
I'd feel really strange playing a female toon. I'm not an RP'er -- speak to me in game and you're speaking to me, not my character -- but I think I need to relate a little to my toon in an MMO if I'm going to spend hours staring at him and guiding him through this world. Don't think I could do that with a gun-wielding girl, as awesome as gun-wielding girls are.

Grey
02-11-2013, 02:12 AM
I'd feel really strange playing a female toon. I'm not an RP'er -- speak to me in game and you're speaking to me, not my character -- but I think I need to relate a little to my toon in an MMO if I'm going to spend hours staring at him and guiding him through this world. Don't think I could do that with a gun-wielding girl, as awesome as gun-wielding girls are.

Yes we all love females with big guns :I and even the ones with small deadly guns

Bee
02-12-2013, 03:26 AM
If I have the choice I always play as a male, I enjoy being able to hear the game and in most games if you take damage most of the time men make a grunt like grr... nnn... (nothing to over the top) But women in the games just go AWWWWW OMG PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Like they are dying of ****** or something which is incredibly annoying. Besides that I don't want to be assumed as a girl by playing a girl character, while even I make the assumption. Also, alot of the creeps in games play girls and just pretend to be actual girls and try to form relationships with other men. While the perks of playing a girl is awesome (Free stuff, Raid privledges, Loot privledges), the downside of being assumed a girl and subjected to sexual advances from men does not excite me in the slightest.

Grey
02-13-2013, 02:17 AM
If I have the choice I always play as a male, I enjoy being able to hear the game and in most games if you take damage most of the time men make a grunt like grr... nnn... (nothing to over the top) But women in the games just go AWWWWW OMG PAIN!!!!!!!!!!! Like they are dying of ****** or something which is incredibly annoying. Besides that I don't want to be assumed as a girl by playing a girl character, while even I make the assumption. Also, alot of the creeps in games play girls and just pretend to be actual girls and try to form relationships with other men. While the perks of playing a girl is awesome (Free stuff, Raid privledges, Loot privledges), the downside of being assumed a girl and subjected to sexual advances from men does not excite me in the slightest.

I have to say Mass Effect's Female lead is a better choice then the male, the voice actor Jennifer Hale projects better and matches the character better, but I can understand male/female issue when it comes to MMOs or games of the same nature, and sometimes it deals with stats, I.E males are stronger but females are faster, but I have no real issue at all with males playing as females just as long as it isn't creepy, it really is just about having fun

welshwizard
02-14-2013, 01:15 PM
why as a man would i want to play as a woman.I rather pick an avatar that i would like to look. not cos of a nice looking ***.im looking around at what to kill and not my butt.

Grey
02-15-2013, 03:27 AM
why as a man would i want to play as a woman.I rather pick an avatar that i would like to look. not cos of a nice looking ***.im looking around at what to kill and not my butt.

Yea the two games with booty issues are Halo Reach and Mass Effect 3 with the asari

BLOODMODE
04-08-2013, 07:20 AM
1. Female for the backside. Males look like they are wearing a diaper.
2. Male for the armor. Bigger male model displays awesome armor better.
3. Male for the voice. In this game female voice sounds too whiney and schoolgirlish like a jrpg.
4. Female for the perceivable smaller hitbox.
5. Male for better art. Female faces in this game look like downies.

Tough call.

Tyne
04-08-2013, 09:19 AM
I've always played as a female, its just been an automatic thing never thought about the aesthetics of it before I don't care if people assume I'm a girl (I am but that's beside the point) and make remarks or act like ****s because of it.

TearsInRain
04-08-2013, 01:40 PM

I take it you probably never wondered why something like Tomb Raider has been such a successful franchise either. ;)

mimneotic
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
I know Coord plays a female character because he prefers to masturbate to a curvy pixlated *** as opposed to a manly body. Not that I doubt he does that either way when I'm around; oh snap.

What I don't know is why anyone even cares about something like this. It makes me giggle that it annoys people.

Snefru
04-08-2013, 03:58 PM
I have made one female character in all of my time playing MMOs: that includes 7 SW:TOR characters, 2 Defiance characters, and several mobile MMO characters. I prefer to play a male but the SW:TOR Legacy system made me want to give my Trooper a mother, he already had a father. /shrug just my two cents