PDA

View Full Version : YES! finally! new Gameplay video+info!! MUST WATCH*

MechPilot
08-08-2012, 06:58 PM
This is the real deal here people. No more Nonsense and Fluff about some actor, real game info!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82S0BbLvps

Harmil
08-08-2012, 07:31 PM
I love the part where they talk about head-shots and the very next scene is a creature with no discernible head ;-)

Nice video, though. The questions I still have are many, but I'm willing to wait for a bit to get most of them answered.

Gun modifications, scare me, though. I fear that there will be so many modifications that it will be onerous to introduce new weapon models...

Jenbuu
08-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Nice find!

Von
08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I like how it shows us how to get into missions. I guess those are just for the group missions.
I bet we can go into individual missions in the main world and also there are the Arkfalls events.

I like in one part it looks like you can get some target practice in with your weapons.

Escyos
08-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Found that video shortly before coming here to post about it. Some new info there but most of it was old stuff we've heard many times.

MattLightfoot
08-09-2012, 01:28 AM
The modified weapons look awesome, as does the incubator. I want one yesterday :)

Jenbuu
08-09-2012, 01:47 AM
even tho i like weapons and such,
i have to say i like the bit about using vehicles for resource gathering,
im kinda a crafting nut lol

Kalbuir
08-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Loved the video but not for the obvious reasons, I just like that we got a few new faces of the development team and some footage we haven't seen before. Those Quads seem mighty fun to ride in with the physics the game has.

Gun modifications, scare me, though. I fear that there will be so many modifications that it will be onerous to introduce new weapon models...
This luckily isnt such a big deal these days anymore as a gun is a model and an attachment is another model in most game engine these days. Which effectively splits the two, sure there is extra work for the code to describe where something gets attached and how and the spots will be different per weapon or even look different per weapon.

The best example of this that I can give is look at the new Fantasy MMO's with newer engine. You have an Orc NPC with a shield and a little creature with the same shield. The shield is obviously not exactly the same size and is not held the same way yet the same models are used. Many of this stuff is not actual custom work but part of the initial race design. Of course I have no clue how Defiance attachments system works internally but I believe many of this stuff will be implied code where adding a weapon group or attachment group will not mean overhauling all the previous weapon settings and displays.

Found that video shortly before coming here to post about it. Some new info there but most of it was old stuff we've heard many times.

Esc you do have to keep in mind though that you me and the other people that pretty much have been here since the start have been getting bits and pieces of this info for a long while now. Stuff that wasn't officially released but the "normal" people (who aren't totally obsessed) don't necessarily know about yet.

Video's like this will bring Defiance under the attention of new community members and even bring in new follows of the game which is exactly what we need at this stage.

mdagli1
08-09-2012, 07:43 AM
I'm more interested in the skills and abilities than anything else. I want my deployable portable turrets!

Steelheart
08-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Thx for posting!

Magicpsychoc
08-09-2012, 12:25 PM
Looks like the pvp from the way the vid shows it will be limited to bg's...sucks...

dahanese
08-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Glad you guys dug the video - with Gamescom and PAX Prime ahead of us, I think you'll have a good August. :)

Pitty
08-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Saw this on massively, still mega hyped for defiance.

Matt Treck
08-10-2012, 03:12 AM
Very nice, always good to see new gameplay. Also I'm liking the way the shooting seems to feel.

Jenbuu
08-10-2012, 03:44 AM
Very nice, always good to see new gameplay. Also I'm liking the way the shooting seems to feel.

aye we will have to see how pixel perfect it is.

Kalbuir
08-10-2012, 12:27 PM
for those who have not seen it this gave me goosebumps http://t.co/Z1dxiiFd

Jenbuu
08-10-2012, 04:10 PM

how did i miss this and why did you not link it to me sooner!!!

"nothing personal"

Jaec
08-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Nice to finally see some in-game footage. Looks very nice.

Jenbuu
08-11-2012, 02:37 AM

not to people as in the thread dedicated to this,
the video has been deleted unsure why tho

Arkamenitas
08-11-2012, 09:53 PM
those weapons look SO boss. hoping we get to see more of that soon :D