PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on music

Terra
02-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Since we can't hear music in the streams I don't know if maybe this is in somewhere. But i've heard many people just always turn off their music in mmos. But this isn't like mmos, and I don't know about yall but Mass Effect, Fallout, and even Xcom (not a shooter but still) would be far less entertaining if you didn't have any kind of combat music.

Would combat music be something yall want to see? Or would you even care? That giant metal looking thing in the co-op trailer I would give a song like this. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SZMCt-cjrE

Primus Palus
02-05-2013, 05:55 AM
I like scores in the background that's faint. So long as it's not lopping over and over, I don't have an issue with it. But with my headset I put music to around 5% to just barely catch it. I imagine with the show coming and big ties to that, they'll have a score set up similar in nature to Battlestar Galactica (at least I hope so).

Dead_Phoenix
02-05-2013, 06:07 AM
i normally stick to my own sound track

but given that this game spends alot of time on quads and blowing shiz up. id like a good rock/metal like sound track in the back ground

D351
02-05-2013, 06:26 AM
I hope the soundtrack is good. CE and UE both come with a copy.

Hope
02-05-2013, 06:29 AM
But i've heard many people just always turn off their music in mmos.

Any music gets old after you listen to it for 100+ hours. :D

Terra
02-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Any music gets old after you listen to it for 100+ hours. :D

True, but doing SWTOR's raids I never got tired of the music for the final boss in Eternity Vault. Just meshed with the action so well. It made running that raid doable even after the 40th time, the music added that much to the fight. :)

That is why I hope there is combat music, to support any on screen action. That and it would be a pain to minimize, que music, and then maximize and hope i'm not dead for the fight. You can do that with a RNG game and have plenty of time, but a shooter probably not as much. :)

Davisto
02-05-2013, 08:48 AM
aslong it isnt rick astley im not fussed lol

Sarcon
02-05-2013, 10:44 AM
i have always left music on in MMOs, now in FPS i typically turn it down so i can hear faint gunshots and what direction, however in this game we will see what there is

Afternote: sometimes the right music adds the right kind of atmosphere to a game (sometimes even warns you of something upcoming.)

Oskz
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I hope they got good music. When I played WoW and I wasn't on skype or something I'd always have the music on and I really think that the music (if you listen to it) will get you more immersed in the game.

Terra
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
I hope they got good music. When I played WoW and I wasn't on skype or something I'd always have the music on and I really think that the music (if you listen to it) will get you more immersed in the game.

True, music can make the mundane into something you look forward to. Heck it works for Atlantica online, I mean that game has you doing turn based combat with individual units (It is a little better then it sounds). But with music like this, you actually find yourself looking forward to the Korean grind. ;p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecAMM416WOg

Music can and does make all the difference. :)

SweetMadness
02-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Music can make or break. I'm sure at some point I'll eventually be playing my own music regardless.

TechTroll
02-05-2013, 03:54 PM
The music in a game is everything to me, it makes or breaks the game. However, if I feel like it, or if the game is lacking, I just put on this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgYM8uRcsIA) one in a loop ;)

Aaricane
02-05-2013, 04:09 PM
I always have the sound turned down just enough so i don't miss what people are saying or hearing a gunshot or something along those lines. However, it is always on. Music does wonders for setting the mood in games and movies.

Garracuda
02-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I certainly hope it's up there with other OSTs I really appreciate like Crysis 2's. Hans Zimmer really nailed the triumphant sci-fi theme so freaking well.

Allow me to share http://www.mycrysis.com/sites/default/files/support/download/sos_new_york.mp3