PDA

View Full Version : Infectors bro

TanBeret
04-04-2013, 02:13 AM
How do y'all like the std guns? Anyone tried them out in pvp? They are ****in sweet doin damn ark falls or whatever but it might just be me and only using that and trusty M4. Haven't tried really any other weapon other than the mini gun from the damn rampage thing and shotgun well cuz you can't hate on shotguns

Ae86
04-04-2013, 02:15 AM
I've been using the Sporenator(Whatever the hell it is called) from my pre-order. Took me awhile to figure out what it did but now I love it. Til it runs outta ammo..Then it's a peice of crap.

Fatalmephisto
04-04-2013, 02:23 AM
I haven't gotten around to trying out an infector gun yet. Might try it out on my alt.

TanBeret
04-04-2013, 02:25 AM
I've been using the Sporenator(Whatever the hell it is called) from my pre-order. Took me awhile to figure out what it did but now I love it. Til it runs outta ammo..Then it's a peice of crap.

Yea man idk it's pretty good against the little hell bugs cuz when the parasites come out they wreck **** given the big bugs a bad day. But yea I'm just try a figure out what I like the most at the moment

Ohgood
04-04-2013, 02:27 AM
I posted this as a response to a topic on the gamefaqs defiance forums. I feel its relevant in this topic too even if it's a little out of context.

"It's an interesting type of gun, but it doesn't mesh well with every gameplay style. For example, I use Blur, so shotguns and other guns i can use well on the move like SMGs and Pistols are more useful to me than they would be for someone who uses cloak or decoy.

I have my perks set up so my ego recharge is 12 seconds shorter than normal and every enemy I kill while using Blur extends my blur duration. So infectors don't really work for my setup because they don't deal all their damage up front which makes them a bit harder to use if i'm trying to chain kills while in Blur.

Additionally i have another perk that increases critical damage when hip firing, and it's not very hard to have one or two buckshot pellets hit an enemy in the head and deal massive damage.

So even though infectors work well for your playstyle, shotguns and other weapons that work well with hit and run attacks are my bread and butter. Also I need to keep in close to take advantage of the extra melee damage.

So yes, infectors are lots of fun, but they don't work with every character."

Fatalmephisto
04-04-2013, 02:30 AM
I posted this as a response to a topic on the gamefaqs defiance forums. I feel its relevant in this topic too even if it's a little out of context.

"It's an interesting type of gun, but it doesn't mesh well with every gameplay style. For example, I use Blur, so shotguns and other guns i can use well on the move like SMGs and Pistols are more useful to me than they would be for someone who uses cloak or decoy.

I have my perks set up so my ego recharge is 12 seconds shorter than normal and every enemy I kill while using Blur extends my blur duration. So infectors don't really work for my setup because they don't deal all their damage up front which makes them a bit harder to use if i'm trying to chain kills while in Blur.

Additionally i have another perk that increases critical damage when hip firing, and it's not very hard to have one or two buckshot pellets hit an enemy in the head and deal massive damage.

So even though infectors work well for your playstyle, shotguns and other weapons that work well with hit and run attacks are my bread and butter. Also I need to keep in close to take advantage of the extra melee damage.

So yes, infectors are lots of fun, but they don't work with every character."

Or people can use it while doing the load out dance is what i like to call it. Yet that's more advance i guess and i don't like saying that cause it makes me sound like a smart A** but just saying, load out dance to the infector build, spread it on enemies, cloak or blur away behind cover and load out dance to your main build.