PDA

View Full Version : Fix your EU servers!!

TheAnnoyingGunner
12-27-2014, 12:30 AM
I don't know whether only the EU servers are affected, or this is a global problem, but darn, the game in it's current state is unplayable! I don't say it is the game code itself, might be DDOS attacks as well, but players get disconnected from the server way too often and it makes no sense to start playing anymore. During the next mission, you will get disconnected and will have to wait 30 minutes to get an useful answer from the server again.
And is it the server load? Heck no! Even in the middle of the (European) night, when almost no one is playing, the server keeps crashing, again and again and again. Most probably even more than during the day, seems to get worse after evening.

And please, spare me that "check your internet connection, permit A38" platitude, at least my internet connection is working properly.

Chris Robet
12-27-2014, 12:36 AM
The connection problems are there but with each small patch they get better and better. When I started playing (around DLC 1) I couldn't go 10 minutes without getting kicked off but now I can go an hour at a time with 3 minutes in between each reset. So if you keep playing I promise you will see the servers get better.

Tura Satana
12-27-2014, 01:04 AM
How long have you been playing? If its since Christmas, its definitely the ddos issue. Otherwise, yes the game crashes more than any game I've ever played. But I can frequently play all day with no crashes and other times there are a few. It never takes 30 minutes to get back in however. You just have to quit and restart the game and you should get right back in.

BC001
12-27-2014, 01:23 AM
How long have you been playing? If its since Christmas, its definitely the ddos issue. Otherwise, yes the game crashes more than any game I've ever played. But I can frequently play all day with no crashes and other times there are a few. It never takes 30 minutes to get back in however. You just have to quit and restart the game and you should get right back in.

Defiance does crash alot but it is worth the hassle I think. It is not the worst for crashing and downtime that I have played, that record goes to PlaneShift which has been in a constant beta state for years and usually spends several hours down a day if you add up all the crashes (or at least it did, they may have stabilized it a little in the last year or two since I was there last).

One thing I have noticed in the forums is that the most stable platform for Defiance is the PC, the game boxes always seem to have the worst lag and crashing with little headway being made in fixing it no matter how much effort goes into it.