PDA

View Full Version : Shops and where they are

Von
08-09-2012, 11:25 PM
We heard that in the main world, there will be shops where you can buy, sale,
and trade gear and or weapons. Obivously, when you start out you probably
won't be able to afford much. Maybe some modes to the gear you start out with.
The really good stuff is either too exspensive or to found out in the main world or
on a mission. I understand that, it makes you want to explore the world more.
But I wonder what you'll be able to get in the store. Will it be all in one or will
you have one store in one location selling weapon mods and in another store
miles away you get paint modes to your quad or body modes to your character
in another store?

Maybe they'll be a mall like area where all the shops are located?

Jenbuu
08-10-2012, 01:36 AM
We heard that in the main world, there will be shops where you can buy, sale,
and trade gear and or weapons. Obivously, when you start out you probably
won't be able to afford much. Maybe some modes to the gear you start out with.
The really good stuff is either too exspensive or to found out in the main world or
on a mission. I understand that, it makes you want to explore the world more.
But I wonder what you'll be able to get in the store. Will it be all in one or will
you have one store in one location selling weapon mods and in another store
miles away you get paint modes to your quad or body modes to your character
in another store?

Maybe they'll be a mall like area where all the shops are located?

detailed information like that unfortunatly hasnt been released.
but tradinally in MMOs you have multipul vendors that allow you to buy and sell things

Weapons - buy weapons and weapon modifications
Armor - buy armor and armor mods
general - small buffs, food and drink
cosmetic - armor coloring, cosmetic items

you usually dont find these all at one place, only due to congestion and lagg, if you had all items in one vendor you would get alot of people around that one npc, look at the auction houses in WOW, when there was only one in ironforge and orgrimmar the lag was horrid

Matt Treck
08-10-2012, 03:13 AM
detailed information like that unfortunatly hasnt been released.
but tradinally in MMOs you have multipul vendors that allow you to buy and sell things

Weapons - buy weapons and weapon modifications
Armor - buy armor and armor mods
general - small buffs, food and drink
cosmetic - armor coloring, cosmetic items

you usually dont find these all at one place, only due to congestion and lagg, if you had all items in one vendor you would get alot of people around that one npc, look at the auction houses in WOW, when there was only one in ironforge and orgrimmar the lag was horrid

Pretty much this, I'd probably shoot for a market area in a major city/town, and vendors throughout that area.

Arkamenitas
08-11-2012, 09:57 PM
yes, i would fully expect there to be some sort of major central hub (and secondary hubs akin to towns or quest camps in mmorpgs) for this kind of thing, but all the really cool goodies will probably be loot :D

Kalbuir
08-12-2012, 06:26 AM
iirc during the Neoseeker gameplay footage / interview at E3 you hear the developer talk about an area in the distance which is blocked off which will have vendors and such. That's all we know so far, depending on the side of the demo area at GamesCom i'll go hunting for some vendors :P

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
iirc during the Neoseeker gameplay footage / interview at E3 you hear the developer talk about an area in the distance which is blocked off which will have vendors and such. That's all we know so far, depending on the side of the demo area at GamesCom i'll go hunting for some vendors :P

the thing about hunting vendors is to use the right bait... and ammo

Escyos
08-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Apparently there is a place called Paradise city, somewhere in San Francisco, which is like a hub for the whole game, where you can find missions, so chances are there will be shops there.

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 07:09 PM
interesting. I wonder if other major hubs and such will arise over time. I'm seriously interested in what kinds of "content updates" we can expect to see in an mmo shooter