PDA

View Full Version : Mod weapons - a simple guide

kirix
04-04-2013, 04:18 AM
so took me a while to figure out why i could upgrade some weapons and add mod slots and not be able to on others.

1. >>>IMPORTANT<<< you cant add mod slots to a weapon you have equiped includeing loadout slots. remove it from all lodout slots and boom u can start adding mods.

2. you use ark salvage currency to add mods/remove/replace etc. you can get this from breaking down white / green / blue / purple items (the colour also gives more salvage).

3. each mod slot / remove costs salvage and differs on the weapon ego lvl and type.

4. when adding a mod to your weapon make sure you click the "start process" buton for it to apply the mod, (i didnt notice this and kept wondering why my mods was not added).

5. you can buy basic mods from vendors in most fast travel areas or do hot shots for green mods.

6. i dont think you are able to change the weapons elemental type.

7. if u retrive mods from a weapon you lose the weapon.

8. adding a mod slot takes up to 10 mins to complete and ques the weapon. if u look at the timer in the salvage matrix you will see greyed out tabs. these unlock as you increase ego = more que for mods.

9. if all que slots are used for mod slots etc you cant add mods to a weapon untill a spot is free

Dinova
04-04-2013, 04:21 AM
7. if u remove mods from a weapon you lose the weapon.

No. You only remove the mods and loose them, the weapon remains intact.

kirix
04-04-2013, 04:22 AM
my bad i ment retrive mods. will edit it now.

Justfornw
04-04-2013, 08:19 AM
7. if u remove mods from a weapon you lose the weapon.

No. You only remove the mods and loose them, the weapon remains intact.

I had read somewhere that both senarios were possible, one removing the mod and destroying the weapon, or saving the gun and destroying the mod.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/249458/page/2

Mad Mike
04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
BTW don't log off if you try and add a mod slot or you will lose the gun and it will disappear....:(