PDA

View Full Version : Forum Notifications

Memori
02-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey,

Wondered if there was an option on the forum to have notifications (at the top next to your forum name, like you get when you get friend requests or private messages) for when someone quotes you in a post.

Most of the time I'll post in a thread and then never look in it again, and sometimes people quote me and then I either don't reply when I might want to (or need to if they've asked me a direct question) or check back to find that they quoted me and either given me an answer to a question I had, or filled me in on some blanks I didn't know, and therefor I miss out on that information.

Sure this could be chalked down to being lazy and not constantly checking threads, but it gets complicated when you're always checking all different forums, posting in a plethora of threads and you lose track.

I know there is an option to subscribe to threads that you've posted in, but I don't want to know whenever X thread gets a reply, I want to know when X thread gets a post that has quoted me.

The FireFall forums have this (http://i.imgur.com/lzz8zOO.jpg) in the forum of alerts and it's extremely handy, just wondering if the Defiance forums had this feature but it eluded me.

Cheers.

Aaricane
02-05-2013, 03:42 PM
I have looked several times and have found no such option:(

Belmthemus
02-05-2013, 03:57 PM
Well there is the option to have an email sent for any threads you've posted in sent to you via the forum actions at the top but this is the closest I've seen to what you're suggesting.

What I would like is Tapatalk compatibility if possible for use on mobiles and also with Chrome and the Tapatalk notifier.

Memori
02-05-2013, 05:49 PM
It's a shame that it's not available, as previously mentioned I know about the feature to get an email when someone replies to a thread I've posted in, but then I'd have a million emails for threads I've posted in and have no need to continue posting in because I've already given my contribution.

It's just when people quote to clear something up or fill in a blank, I would like to be able to see that quote without digging around and remembering what thread it was to keep checking to see. Or when someone quotes to continue the same topic for discussion etc.

Grey
02-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Got my hopes up when I saw the title then they were dashed :/ but yea they need some sort of "beep boop"