PDA

View Full Version : Shadow War and pvp

Go4Revolution
04-04-2013, 04:32 AM
Is it normal that I can't start any shadow war or competitive games? The system can't find players. Is It normal? Coops work fine.

Spolings
04-04-2013, 05:27 AM
I have some problems with Shadow War too, because there are never enough players... But I don't have any problems with the small PvP maps

Shane5484
04-04-2013, 07:12 AM
if you cant find enough players for pvp try changing shards.

Figma
04-04-2013, 07:18 AM
^ what do you mean by shards?

Spolings
04-04-2013, 11:22 PM
shards.
Yeah, what are shards?
And on a side note, I finally got to play a Shadow War game! I had to encourage people the whole day in the chat to queue up for sw, and after like 6 hours we finally got enough players :)

XDCMADMAX
04-04-2013, 11:23 PM
eh ........Shards?

Sledgehammer70
04-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Is it normal that I can't start any shadow war or competitive games? The system can't find players. Is It normal? Coops work fine.

We see a lot of Shadow Wars kicking off, we are working to make more players aware of our PvP options.

DjSparx162
04-05-2013, 01:48 AM
shards are when you're in a certain area of the map, there may actually be over 100 people playing that particular area (not arkfalls you see everyone involved with those) but say in a mission area, you'll see maybe 4-5 people max as well as yourself, but there may actually be over 100 playing it on that server, who will also only see a certain number of people, its like your own little version of that area. thats what a shard is, serveral occurances of the same area that only a small number are able to interact with

XDCMADMAX
04-05-2013, 02:09 AM
We see a lot of Shadow Wars kicking off, we are working to make more players aware of our PvP options.

The admin god speaks!

Duckphone
04-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Most PS3 players are probably more interested in the PvE content at this point, I know I am. I'm sure a lot more players will be participating in PvP content in a week or two.

thejx4
04-05-2013, 03:38 PM
A simple "there's a Shadow War looming" message from your EGO or someone else would be nice...tired of sitting around waiting for 13 more players. Only place worth queuing up around is Mount Tam South, because that's pretty much where everyone is.

watk
04-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Shadow takes bout 30 min get in match, well worth it. Others usually take 5 to 10 min

Eipilice
04-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Most PS3 players are probably more interested in the PvE content at this point, I know I am. I'm sure a lot more players will be participating in PvP content in a week or two.

^^^ agree, people are getting to know the combat mechanics, equipment and perks etc so they don't make an *** out of them selfs in pvp :-D in a few weeks it will be much more popular!

usrevenge2
04-05-2013, 07:28 PM
shards are when you're in a certain area of the map, there may actually be over 100 people playing that particular area (not arkfalls you see everyone involved with those) but say in a mission area, you'll see maybe 4-5 people max as well as yourself, but there may actually be over 100 playing it on that server, who will also only see a certain number of people, its like your own little version of that area. thats what a shard is, serveral occurances of the same area that only a small number are able to interact with

wait wait wait, you change shards throughout the world on the fly? that's pretty impressive. so if i go to like, a town, i'l have a better chance of getting into a pvp match? i knew there were shards but i thought the only way to switch was to log out and back in.

side note, an easy way to get people into shadow war would be to give good rewards for it.

Go4Revolution
04-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Yeah, what are shards?
And on a side note, I finally got to play a Shadow War game! I had to encourage people the whole day in the chat to queue up for sw, and after like 6 hours we finally got enough players :)

Impossible for me to play shadow wars... This really sucks. 4-5 hours and nothing... I can't believe there are no players, this is a matchmaking problem. I hope they fix this asap.

Fatalprecision
04-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Bumping all shadow wars threads until Trion acknowledges the problem and or/gives us a hotfix

Shane5484
04-06-2013, 03:29 PM

right there thank you.

Viksen
04-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Moved thread from General - PS3 to PvP forums