PDA

View Full Version : Why is there no "down" state in PvP?

Antherage
04-04-2013, 04:42 AM
Why is there no downed state in PvP? I realize we shouldn't be able to self-resurrect ourselves, but I think we lose a tactical element with no downed state. There is less strategy and more about rush, rush, rush the point or sprint, sprint, sprint to the enemy in team DM maps.

If you had a downed state(less time than PvE and no self-res) I think it would create a less chaotic state in PvP. Right now the PvP is pretty chaotic and there is no downside to running up against a badly numbered matchup because you might be able to kill 1-2 people even if you die yourself. IF their team could possibly make a teammate standup then it wouldn't be as advisable to be so careless.

Could make it like anything else in the game if you are hit with damage you stop the action. Simply a post winning battle situation where you could get maybe one guy back to his feet in time. It would promote teamwork!

mimneotic
04-04-2013, 04:49 AM
It feels as if they attempted to implement this (and probably did at some point) in PvP. If you queue up with a clanmate or some such, they get a giant skull icon above themselves where they died. It really does feel like you should be able to get them back up.

And I agree, it would make PvP more interesting. The only thing I can see that keeps someone *dead* is if they die to a headshot. This would make snipers feel less pointless in a situation where someone's teammate can just resurrect the guy you just killed from afar.

Goomba
04-04-2013, 09:37 AM
It was probably too clunky to actually implement in pvp. If they're down and get back up do they still count as a kill? If not, that's pretty annoying unless you can finish them off. But then they'd have to code that in, probably. And what if your team is making a push but someone dies and one or more people run to them for a revive? Suddenly the entire thing falls apart and they're sitting ducks.

Granberia
04-04-2013, 11:25 AM
It was probably too clunky to actually implement in pvp. If they're down and get back up do they still count as a kill? If not, that's pretty annoying unless you can finish them off

I would imagine that it would work like firefall, where downing someone counts as a kill for the attacker but it doesn't add a point to the score until the downed player is executed.

And what if your team is making a push but someone dies and one or more people run to them for a revive? Suddenly the entire thing falls apart and they're sitting ducks.

Then they made a mistake and were punished for it?

MetalPizza
04-04-2013, 12:06 PM
NO ! No, no, no, no, no and no again. No downed state in pvp, downed state is ****, I can understand that it's useful in pve but i'm glad there is none in pvp, I hated this in GW2 and I don't want to see this in Defiance, if you're dead, you're dead, you're not holding on to your last resources when you get a headshot in the head with a shotgun, you're dead.