PDA

View Full Version : City like areas?

Shinspikes
02-05-2013, 10:45 PM
I only got to play in the stress test and I'm lookin forward to the beta. From the areas I have been to, I noticed it was very desert or flat and plain (the hills are just hills). What I was wondering, is there any part of the map that has a large metropolitan area with huge skyscrapers? Downtown San Francisco should have this right? Just wondering if there was more to the average looking landscapes. Not all of Cali would have been flattened right?

Element
02-05-2013, 11:16 PM
I only got to play in the stress test and I'm lookin forward to the beta. From the areas I have been to, I noticed it was very desert or flat and plain (the hills are just hills). What I was wondering, is there any part of the map that has a large metropolitan area with huge skyscrapers? Downtown San Francisco should have this right? Just wondering if there was more to the average looking landscapes. Not all of Cali would have been flattened right?

I'm sure there is, remember it's just a beta so you won't see everything the game has to offer yet.

Escyos
02-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Well this picture (http://cdn.defiance.com/defiance/images/game/gameplay/pvp/PVP_Cont_tn.png) shows the Transamerica Pyramid building still standing so I guess.

Garracuda
02-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Well this picture (http://cdn.defiance.com/defiance/images/game/gameplay/pvp/PVP_Cont_tn.png) shows the Transamerica Pyramid building still standing so I guess.

I haven't seen that yet! Oh man I really hope we can journey through downtown. That would be so sick! I'd like if it were extremely dangerous. You'd get a bit of that Escape from NY feeling.

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Careful guys... I don't think you're supposed to talk about this stuff in the public forum. There should be a beta discussion forum, yes?

Rokkrwolf
02-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Careful guys... I don't think you're supposed to talk about this stuff in the public forum. There should be a beta discussion forum, yes?

I don't see why they can't talk about it. It was just a question no one has broke NDA and released any info they shouldn't They are just speculating if cities do indeed exist just from a public picture.

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 01:25 AM
I don't see why they can't talk about it. It was just a question no one has broke NDA and released any info they shouldn't They are just speculating if cities do indeed exist just from a public picture.

More to the point of the OP, talking about how the game looked and what they've run into... in my experience isn't generally something they want out there. But then, I haven't actually read the NDA. I'd hate to see people get in trouble is all. ;)

Rokkrwolf
02-06-2013, 01:27 AM
More to the point of the OP, talking about how the game looked and what they've run into... in my experience isn't generally something they want out there. But then, I haven't actually read the NDA. I'd hate to see people get in trouble is all. ;)
Well yeah I can see that, but it's nothing we haven't seen in live streams from the dev ;)

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 01:31 AM

its all guess work. breaking the nda would be "yes there x city and y city" or "nope no citys at all" but as no ones done that no where near the nda.

simply we dont know for sure. they havnt really spent much time in the live streams talking about the actualy game world. mostly combat and pvp. i know we have only had snippets of a huge world.

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 01:37 AM
its all guess work. breaking the nda would be "yes there x city and y city" or "nope no citys at all" but as no ones done that no where near the nda.

simply we dont know for sure. they havnt really spent much time in the live streams talking about the actualy game world. mostly combat and pvp. i know we have only had snippets of a huge world.

Yeah I'm still watching all of the back archived streams... some good stuff in there that I'm surprised we don't have a better FAQ on here to encompass. Lots of solid questions that once more people get interested in this game, I imagine will be popping up daily.

I haven't seen any large cities in the streams... but then we haven't seen the whole map. Lots of stuff around San Quentin though. Pretty cool that guys who live near there can relate to the area and actually drive the roads to where they would assume a place is, and find it.

*Thumbs up*

I always like small touches in games like that.

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Yea I agree. Would be nice if they put up a sticky thread with all the answers people have asked in the live streams!

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Yea I agree. Would be nice if they put up a sticky thread with all the answers people have asked in the live streams!

If I have time today... I might attempt that. There's a FAQ thread, but not so much a compiled list of questions across the board that have been put together.

Rokkrwolf
02-06-2013, 02:37 AM
If I have time today... I might attempt that. There's a FAQ thread, but not so much a compiled list of questions across the board that have been put together.

Heh I was just thinking the same thing I usually throw them on when I doing other stuff I could probably write down a few.

DrNoesis
02-06-2013, 02:40 AM
just to return, slightly, to the ops topic... I'm hoping there's some nice built up area's to play around in at some point... I'd love to go exploring around 30-40 floors of abandoned, dillapidated building.

No idea why but I've always loved vertical exploration, something about being able to look down at stuff.... it's probably because of too many years playing the team sniper lol.

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 02:57 AM
just to return, slightly, to the ops topic... I'm hoping there's some nice built up area's to play around in at some point... I'd love to go exploring around 30-40 floors of abandoned, dillapidated building.

No idea why but I've always loved vertical exploration, something about being able to look down at stuff.... it's probably because of too many years playing the team sniper lol.

I would say the same thing but for the reason. I do it because I love jumping off ridiculously high stuff.

DrNoesis
02-06-2013, 03:03 AM
I would say the same thing but for the reason. I do it because I love jumping off ridiculously high stuff.

lol can definitely appreciate that..

Can see it now... base jumping with an assault rifle... how many hellbugs can you drop before you stop :D