PDA

View Full Version : So .. not much longer of the Solstice DM,Hellbug, Scrapper event, whens the Strike

Xaat Xuun
01-01-2015, 10:20 PM
it gets a bit frustrating, when your staying in to do a Season event that rarely happens . . I read that the chance for the Solstice event has a 3x better chance . . but it's like the opposite, I'll see almost a dozen of the other events before even a solstice event happens.

maybe ya should have put them on a timer, I'd be happy to see one ever 2 hours .. not one every 6 hours (if that short, sometimes 10 hours before seeing another SS

but so far this has just been a event of Dark Matter, Scrappers, and Hell Bugs .. Where's the Solstice Strike ???

everything is awesome . . BUT . .. the long long long long waits for a Solstice strike to appear

yeah . . I seem to have a love hate thing going for this event . . ah well enough talk . time to go back in there and keep killing more HellBugs, Scrappers and Dark matter, in hopes a Solstice Strike starts
just had to vent a bit

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-01-2015, 10:26 PM
I see 3 majors every hour to 2 hours. And countless minors popping up every 10 mins. I think you just need to keep checking your map. And dont leave the map open waiting for em...... you have to close the map and re open it to see any new spawns that have popped up since you originally opened the map. It doesnt just auto refresh(on ps3 anyway) ...so if your sitting just lookin at your map waitin for one to pop up, there could alreafy be one spawned and happening.

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Ive found in the early morning hours, around 3 a.m. to 6 a.m. (eastern time) ...they dont spawn AS frequently. But late night , and regular morning hours theyre everywhere. Theres that few hours where the consistancy drops like clockwork every morning. I cant comment on midday since im up nights and sleeping during the day

Xaat Xuun
01-01-2015, 10:39 PM
right now I'm in PC/EU. have been for over 4 hours and not one has popped up, a few Minors

got lucky on PC/NA, caught the end of one

but the Solstice are not happening for me, like they are for you

Atticus Batman
01-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Crush every event you see with extreme prejudice, to force a new event to spawn faster.

If people actually did and finished every event they saw, a new event would spawn in its place, somewhere on map. So the sooner events are finished, the sooner you have another chance at getting the event that you want.

JKG
01-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Add more friends an jump to them same can be done whit clan members only way i can deal whit the slow pop up time.

idonthideiblaze
01-01-2015, 11:10 PM
I've finished quite a few SS MJRs. 1 tip I would give is find the main clans u see the most add them become friends an trade locations so u can finish abunch. I get on a roll sumtimes finishing 3 in 30 minutes yes SEEMS CRAZY but on Xbox na if u are friends with officers an leader of other clans they most likely will send grp inv an say mjr jump on me...if anybody is on Xbox na that can't find them add my gt an i'll have u drooling at how many u can do...an yes there is down time but then I jus pvp an chase again later...hope this helps...-BLAZE

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Crush every event you see with extreme prejudice, to force a new event to spawn faster.

If people actually did and finished every event they saw, a new event would spawn in its place, somewhere on map. So the sooner events are finished, the sooner you have another chance at getting the event that you want.

This is a fair point.... if no one chases the other arkfalls and events that arent solstice strikes off the map, it will take hours for one to spawn. So go after every minor and major you see to make room for them.

RKZX2
01-01-2015, 11:20 PM
agreed. i chase many solo. i did 2 minor SS by myself today. challenging but fun. i'm mad because i had not one, but TWO chances to kill the WM. and one today. all 3 failed because they everyone shoots the locks. i'm guessing there's a trophy/achievement for this huge feat.

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 12:22 AM

I surly do that , pretty much keep it with just San Fran and SV, every single one of them .. made a ton of Scrip, even have my first Million in my wallet, completed all my 5000 kills (just a couple weapons to go for the alt), this event has advanced me, but it's not happening during a Solstice Strike . . just the extremely many Incursions , Sieges, and DM/HellBug/Scrapper ArkFalls (Majors and Minors) and the Grid minors.
It's obvious, I'm not seeing the same as others, and I'm putting out a ton of effort to advance the events
I'm not complaining .. just jealous . . and a bit frustrated

agreed. i chase many solo. i did 2 minor SS by myself today. challenging but fun. i'm mad because i had not one, but TWO chances to kill the WM. and one today. all 3 failed because they everyone shoots the locks. i'm guessing there's a trophy/achievement for this huge feat.

yeah, it's been a while since I did a WM, may try a couple times with my alt, needs the kill for the pursuit, but so far my experience has been the same as the one you posted

BC001
01-02-2015, 02:54 AM
To find the events more often you need to either be a sizable clan or have a lot of friends so that as many shards as possible are covered. Then you can use the "go to" function to jump around shards. Often if there is a major SS arkfall in a shard you jump to the person you go to will already be there so you do not waste time in overland travel.

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 04:21 AM
I wonder if Zone chat is left only in their shards . . I certainly never see any one call out a SS major. Except for my self

I know after I make the call out, I get to add a few more friends.
maybe Zone chat is just broken for me, or maybe these friendly clans are really not as extrovert as they say.

I see I'm not the only one that has these long dry spells, yet some .. they just get in one after another, makes me wonder if all the work I've been doing clearing other events, is just going to a different shard, then the one I'm in. So they reap the benefits I been working on.

It's hard for me to believe there are as many as some claim, since I never see any announcement in chat, which makes me think, either chat is not working, or no one is announcing.

I guess since some have not seen what I have been dealing with it's tough to understand the frustration.
if friends or happy clans are not announcing in chat, there is no reason to stop the clearing where I'm at already. I have no idea what shard I'm in, I don't think there is a way to let us know either.

thing I was getting at, shouldn't I had popped a SS major after at least a dozen other events have been cleared ?
I'm clearing a heck a lot more then a dozen, just saying for a event that supposed to have a 3x chance over the other events, certainly is not happening, even if I am the only one in the shard that I'm clearing, I should had popped one somewhere

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-02-2015, 04:26 AM
I always announce them in chat. The riendeer as well. Gotta help each other out!

And I have seen what your talking about....... during hulker hell. I played 6 to 8 hrs a day for the whole two weeks, and by the end I only completed 5 major hulker hells. I came across a few more but was dc ed from them. After which the game wouldnt let me sign back into the servers untill I restarted the console. Of course they were gone by the time I got back on. Hulker hell, was literally hell for me and many others. The frequecy for this event has been like christmas morning!......(for me anyway) you must be on a bad server,lol

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 04:50 AM
Hulker hell I was bummed because I didn't have much time to play it, did play enough to get some decent Epic weapons, but not enough to get them all fully mod'ed.
I've experienced the DC and not getting back, but not with Defiance, they were other games I play .. not a feeling I would want anyone to experience
this Solstice Event, I have lots of time, so also logging in my PC/EU character.

Even though I'm having tough times getting in just enough majors to get my (3)characters their daily, I think it is a awesome event

oh, and I had forgotten to get my gift for my Alt yesterday . . damn that sucked, oh well

Atticus Batman
01-02-2015, 04:58 AM
I wonder if Zone chat is left only in their shards . . I certainly never see any one call out a SS major. Except for my self

I know after I make the call out, I get to add a few more friends.
maybe Zone chat is just broken for me, or maybe these friendly clans are really not as extrovert as they say.

I see I'm not the only one that has these long dry spells, yet some .. they just get in one after another, makes me wonder if all the work I've been doing clearing other events, is just going to a different shard, then the one I'm in. So they reap the benefits I been working on.

It's hard for me to believe there are as many as some claim, since I never see any announcement in chat, which makes me think, either chat is not working, or no one is announcing.

I guess since some have not seen what I have been dealing with it's tough to understand the frustration.
if friends or happy clans are not announcing in chat, there is no reason to stop the clearing where I'm at already. I have no idea what shard I'm in, I don't think there is a way to let us know either.

thing I was getting at, shouldn't I had popped a SS major after at least a dozen other events have been cleared ?
I'm clearing a heck a lot more then a dozen, just saying for a event that supposed to have a 3x chance over the other events, certainly is not happening, even if I am the only one in the shard that I'm clearing, I should had popped one somewhere

Zone chat is strictly for the shard that you are on. So everyone in your shard will see your callouts, but people on other shards will not.

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 05:04 AM
Zone chat is strictly for the shard that you are on. So everyone in your shard will see your callouts, but people on other shards will not.
yeah see, that sux . . I or many others would never know then to shard hop, unless we received a tell or invite

JadedSinn
01-02-2015, 05:20 AM
yeah see, that sux . . I or many others would never know then to shard hop, unless we received a tell or invite

thats the only way to do it. the only chat that is over all chats is clan chat and whispers. as well as group and team.

and when no one is on in clan your not going to know whats going on so....

Fuzzy
01-02-2015, 05:23 AM
Xaat, are you in a clan on PC EU?
That certainly goes a long way.
Your first post today was at 6am my time, so pretty much in the middle of the night for EU guys. I've never been on at this time ot the day in my clan but I think we might still have people on at this time.
We're calling out in clan chat to let people know and cooperate with other clans we're friends with because late at night (or early in the morning), you need every person you can get for the SS Arkfalls.

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 05:41 AM
Xaat, are you in a clan on PC EU?
That certainly goes a long way.
Your first post today was at 6am my time, so pretty much in the middle of the night for EU guys. I've never been on at this time ot the day in my clan but I think we might still have people on at this time.
We're calling out in clan chat to let people know and cooperate with other clans we're friends with because late at night (or early in the morning), you need every person you can get for the SS Arkfalls.

yes, just last week I left the one I was in, no one was playing in it anymore, which really wasn't a bad thing, in a sense

after a left it , I had 2 invites at the same time, I accepted the one I've seen before, but was about to leave that one as well, kuz I thought it was a AU clan (which are the hours I play, I'm not AU People), but looked like no one was speaking English . . looked German or something that looked like German (heck it could had been anything but English I wouldn't really know), but two days ago it was just English speaking/Typing, so didn't jump ship.
Not as large as I was hoping (not many on) most I've seen was 8 at the same time, I was tempted to contact a Red Thugs, but I don't often play on EU, it happens in Spurts, when I do, So was just going to wait on a Ninja invite from Someone/Anyone, and hope I was lucky to get in a decent one

Duke5150
01-02-2015, 06:12 AM
I joined the game during the christmas event, so I do not know what the normal frequency of incursions/sieges/minor-major arkfalls actually are. Once the christmas event is over, how often can I expect to find them? Right now, they're quite common, to the point that I had to miss a few in order to complete missions.

Also, what is a chat shard and how do I change which shard I'm on? I'm using the free to download version of the game from PS store. Thanks.

DARKB1KE
01-02-2015, 06:51 AM
I joined the game during the christmas event, so I do not know what the normal frequency of incursions/sieges/minor-major arkfalls actually are. Once the christmas event is over, how often can I expect to find them? Right now, they're quite common, to the point that I had to miss a few in order to complete missions.

Also, what is a chat shard and how do I change which shard I'm on? I'm using the free to download version of the game from PS store. Thanks.
Shard is just another word for the server you are on. It's everyone in your current game no matter what location can read it, just hit left on your Dpad to change chat channels. Area just means people in the immediate vicinity around you. I think you'll know what group/clan/team are for. :)

Fuzzy
01-02-2015, 08:13 AM
yes, just last week I left the one I was in, no one was playing in it anymore, which really wasn't a bad thing, in a sense

after a left it , I had 2 invites at the same time, I accepted the one I've seen before, but was about to leave that one as well, kuz I thought it was a AU clan (which are the hours I play, I'm not AU People), but looked like no one was speaking English . . looked German or something that looked like German (heck it could had been anything but English I wouldn't really know), but two days ago it was just English speaking/Typing, so didn't jump ship.
Not as large as I was hoping (not many on) most I've seen was 8 at the same time, I was tempted to contact a Red Thugs, but I don't often play on EU, it happens in Spurts, when I do, So was just going to wait on a Ninja invite from Someone/Anyone, and hope I was lucky to get in a decent one

When you're next online, ask for a Red Thugs officer/leader in zone :) Or try to see if I'm online, if you want to switch clans.
It's no problem if you don't play often on EU, we're not kicking people that fast :P And we got quite a few people that play both on NA and EU servers:)

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 11:21 AM

The Incursions/Sieges/Arkfalls, they will not change, after the event is done, you'll just not see any Solstice Strike ArkFalls, the rest are the same,
So expect to see them as you always have.
only known way to switch shards is go to Friend/Clanmate, that is in another Shard . . or relog, and take a chance you do not log back into the one you were already in.

if you meant just chat channels, then follow what DirtB1ke said

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 11:28 AM
When you're next online, ask for a Red Thugs officer/leader in zone :) Or try to see if I'm online, if you want to switch clans.
It's no problem if you don't play often on EU, we're not kicking people that fast :P And we got quite a few people that play both on NA and EU servers:)
I may just do that, I'm pretty much an Introvert, unless there are events (like Hulker Hell, Solstice Strikes), it's why I hesitated to even look for a Red Thugs, I see you all do a lot of in game clan events, there's where you may see the Introvert side of me
tho you may know that already, from PTS

Fuzzy
01-02-2015, 01:06 PM
I may just do that, I'm pretty much an Introvert, unless there are events (like Hulker Hell, Solstice Strikes), it's why I hesitated to even look for a Red Thugs, I see you all do a lot of in game clan events, there's where you may see the Introvert side of me
tho you may know that already, from PTS

No one's forced to participate in our events :) You're invited to but no pressure!

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 03:02 PM
found what looks like a tell sign to shard hop to a friend .. it's worked so far

there are moments, that there are no events showing on the map .. long periods in a sense, of nothing .. I then look in friends list to see if one or more are in that location, if they are, then I click the 'Go to Friend" . . Bam . . I'm in the middle of a fight.

seems to work out, since there is no way to cross chat outside of Group or Clan between the shards, So just a heads up for the others, if you noticed no events happening, then just go to friend (saying if you're not in their group or clan), the empty map seems to have hidden secretes

sometimes I had to relog, and . . . I seem to have better luck watching friends list, then the map to know when to hop

I added some more friends

hardy83
01-02-2015, 03:42 PM
I stopped seeing them like a week ago and gave up.

Shame. I still want at least an epic solstice AR, and both shotguns. :( (I'm N/A PC if anyone has one to sell)

They really need to update their code so they have more control over what majors and minors spawn.

Xaat Xuun
01-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Shame. I still want at least an epic solstice AR, and both shotguns. :( (I'm N/A PC if anyone has one to sell)

They really need to update their code so they have more control over what majors and minors spawn.

The Blast Rifle ?

I was kinda late on my discovery, of watching friends rather then watching map for a event to start

I'll check again, but I think I may had salvaged 2 of them, might still have one in the Claims, it'll be ego 5200 if still there. it'll be later today before I can look.
don't hold your breath, I may had salvaged it

BC001
01-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Having a way to see what shard you are in and a way to move between them when no clanmates or friends are on like Tera and a few other games have would be nice too.

Xaat Xuun
01-03-2015, 03:51 PM

They really need to update their code so they have more control over what majors and minors spawn.The Blast Rifle ?

I was kinda late on my discovery, of watching friends rather then watching map for a event to start

I'll check again, but I think I may had salvaged 2 of them, might still have one in the Claims, it'll be ego 5200 if still there. it'll be later today before I can look.
don't hold your breath, I may had salvaged it
nope I no longer have the epic Radiant Solstice AR, but if I do I'll send you a PM, so if never getting a PM means I never got one to give ya

Burned In Effigy
01-03-2015, 03:58 PM
I do 10 a day each char. I shard hop to friends. Literally there seems to be a SS major every 10minutes. In silicon and by shondu also by fork.

Burned In Effigy
01-03-2015, 04:00 PM
PS I look to see what friends are in silicon valley and if the friends I know that hang together are all in SV I jump to them.

Xaat Xuun
01-03-2015, 04:19 PM
PS I look to see what friends are in silicon valley and if the friends I know that hang together are all in SV I jump to them.
yeah I caught on doing just that late . . waaaaaay late
just a few post up . . I said now I find it easier to just check friends list, and not the map, Now I've no problems getting in SS majors .. Chat just does not work in finding any new SS Major

got a ton of friends in my list, just many are still pending

Burned In Effigy
01-03-2015, 04:21 PM
yeah I caught on doing just that late . . waaaaaay late
just a few post up . . I said now I find it easier to just check friends list, and not the map, Now I've no problems getting in SS majors .. Chat just does not work in finding any new SS Major

got a ton of friends in my list, just many are still pending

Most friends I haven't chatted with in months but I keep em on because I've traded or bought from them . this has proven invaluable to me for this SS event.

Telemachus
01-04-2015, 04:33 AM
Haven't seen one in the past 20+ hours.

I play latenight/early mornings on PC ... only 4-5 hours a day, guess I'm not playing the game correctly, by logging in and just playing the game.

Xaat Xuun
01-04-2015, 04:45 AM

I play latenight/early mornings on PC ... only 4-5 hours a day, guess I'm not playing the game correctly, by logging in and just playing the game.
I was doing it wrong till recently. I was just looking in chat or the map, once I saw a announcement or saw a SS major, then I would use friends (if I wasn't in that area) . . doing it that way, had me only seeing a SS major maybe once in a 6 hour stretch, till I started just looking at friends list and seeing if they did any recent zone change, I was just watching TV, and glancing at the map .. being I was burnt out clearing Scrappers DM and Hell bugs, then I found the correct way . . just check friends list

JadedSinn
01-04-2015, 05:19 AM

join a large clan with 100s to 1000s of players. and people hop/shard hop. youll find one every time on spawns. and sometimes find 3 back to back or even 5 back to back (( depends on how large your friend/clan circle exspands ))
befor i started just doing one aday. i could catch on a slow day late at night 5-6 on a fast night 20+ in a whole 2-6 hour time frame.