PDA

View Full Version : New Defiance Feature on Xbox: GHOST PLAY

tdonaghe
04-04-2013, 06:52 AM
So, I guess Defiance has put in a new metaphysical play mode, let's call it "ghost play." When I log on, I enter the world, but can't see any wildlife or mobs at all. I log in just outside Parraba farm which is normally always under Hellbug Attack, except in ghost mode, there's NO ONE THERE AT ALL!

So, I wander around, every once in a while seeing a glimpse of the waking world as a car or ATV suddenly materializes and then zooms off, just to disappear again. At the spawn point, I see other ghost-mode players, most of whom just stand there looking stunned.

Ghost Mode isn't particularly fun, but it sure is pretty! It's a chance to roam around the world taking in the sights and not be getting shot at or eaten by the wildlife.

Seriously, though - can we please fix this? Some of us would like to PLAY.

Roland0811
04-04-2013, 06:59 AM
I keep getting put into totally empty servers with no Merch Vendors. The Vendors show up on the map but when I get there, there's nothing at all. And when I try to do a mission I keep getting killed by things that aren't even there.

I'm sure this'll all get ironed out and the game is fun as hell when it's working so I have faith. They're doing a better job than DICE did so I'm happy about that.

tdonaghe
04-04-2013, 07:25 AM
How to tell if you're in Ghost Mode: try to use your special power. If it doesn't fire, then Ghost Mode Activated!

Also, run off a bit from your spawn point and call your vehicle. If it doesn't show up, or if it shows up back at the spawn point, then you've activated Ghost Mode!

This morning's Ghost Mode is at least an improvement over last night's when it was the MONSTERS that were the ghosts! I would spawn in and then come under immediate attack from invisible monsters and then die, over and over until I logged out.

Trion: Think Different

Roland0811
04-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Ya, same stuff was happening to me. I'm in game right now and it seems to be working fine at the moment. Just had to keep dashboarding and log in several times and it's fine. Hopefully it stays that way. I wanna get one of those big *** trucks I've been seeing players driving around in.

elquietone
04-04-2013, 07:34 AM
How to tell if you're in Ghost Mode: try to use your special power. If it doesn't fire, then Ghost Mode Activated!

Also, run off a bit from your spawn point and call your vehicle. If it doesn't show up, or if it shows up back at the spawn point, then you've activated Ghost Mode!

This morning's Ghost Mode is at least an improvement over last night's when it was the MONSTERS that were the ghosts! I would spawn in and then come under immediate attack from invisible monsters and then die, over and over until I logged out.

The invisible killing monsters are still there, and no matter how far you run, they still get you, because your not actually running away.... Only your ghost form is.

sc9000
04-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Ghost mode in competitive maps you get free EXP. If your team wins, there are few times everyone will be in ghost mode so you need to leave, but sometimes ghost mode will turn off for someone on your team.

Also Ghost mode you get to watch people walking in the sky sometimes. If you see a human character.

tdonaghe
04-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Ya, same stuff was happening to me. I'm in game right now and it seems to be working fine at the moment. Just had to keep dashboarding and log in several times and it's fine. Hopefully it stays that way. I wanna get one of those big *** trucks I've been seeing players driving around in.

Well, the really big semi trucks you see around Tranquility are just for one particular mission. Though that would be a pretty sweet ride!

Ahza
04-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Try ghost mode but the mobs see u but u cant see them- after i extracted yesterday to a ext point i was attacked by the same mobs that killed me miles away but they where invisible- and i was in that semi concious ghost state my self couldnt see any npc's.. However there was a curious light at the end of a tunnel..

s0uthpawswagger
04-04-2013, 07:39 AM
they're just in cloak guys. :P

that's okay, you guys should try this. I'm on a mountain in east bum. lmao.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?18694-problems-with-san-quentin-mission-map&p=197376#post197376

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 07:56 AM
worst mode ever.... GHOST MODE!!!! it's the playstation gang attempt to bring down the power of the XBOX!!! :p

Roland0811
04-04-2013, 07:57 AM
Ah, ok. I could've sworn I saw a player spawn one and hop in. Still, like you said that would be sweet! Maybe future DLC, eh? :D

Vorundor
04-04-2013, 08:00 AM

ROFL!!!! Oh man, you made my morning.

savimbi69
04-04-2013, 08:02 AM
i havent had this problem, but I had idiot mode where i couldnt get off my quad.

pieofdeath123
04-04-2013, 08:06 AM
I get this mode if I fast travel pretty much anywhere its fun to play in!