PDA

View Full Version : More Ammo

TheStigsCousin
01-02-2015, 09:05 PM
What happened to this? The Solstice event is almost over and I haven't seen anything about this. Did I miss a post or thread somewhere that explains how/when this will be available or was this something they are working on for a later update?

Chris Robet
01-02-2015, 09:09 PM
I think this was for a later update.

Atticus Batman
01-02-2015, 09:40 PM
Think you need to re-read this blog: http://www.trionworlds.com/defiance/en/2014/12/11/defiance-in-2015-from-the-rock-to-the-rockies/ . The more ammo reference is coming with a future update.

My guess is it might be an option to add to the upcoming Cyber Rigs.

In future updates, the invasions in Silicon Valley are undergoing a major revamp with clearer objectives, special gear drops, and improved enemy behaviors. We’re also bringing improvements to the gear modding process and to many of the boosts in the game. Have you ever wanted to carry more bullets? Soon you can! (Bullets are great: they kill Volge. Did I mention that VOLGE WILL BE FALLING FROM THE SKY?)

Chris Robet
01-02-2015, 09:44 PM
I want more info on those cyber rigs though, they seem quite interesting.

Atticus Batman
01-02-2015, 09:54 PM
I want more info on those cyber rigs though, they seem quite interesting.

They do, but don't get your hopes up.

We may be picturing something like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MnEu_xSxUD0/TMh5EgvHOgI/AAAAAAAAACo/xwdhlejM4X4/s1600/Cyborg_ninja-lados_3_views.jpg
Or this: http://imgs.tuts.dragoart.com/how-to-draw-crysis-draw-nanosuit_1_000000007648_5.jpg

But will probably get something like this:
http://bleex.me.berkeley.edu/wp-content/uploads/hel-media/images/CV/Berkeley-Exo-HR.jpg
or this: http://cdn.gajitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/power-loader-exoskeleton.jpg

Although I guess this one might be ok: http://srbin.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Human-Universal-Load-Carrier_n.jpg_n.jpg

Chris Robet
01-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Batman the one always fixing other people's links has fallen, three failed links. )':

Atticus Batman
01-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Batman the one always fixing other people's links has fallen, three failed links. )':

I fixed them as you typed and replied. :p

Thanks for pointing it out though.

Chris Robet
01-02-2015, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't mind the fourth link. Then it would hold people in place as I blast them with my grindfragger. (:

Razar2380
01-03-2015, 07:33 AM
I just hope that cyber rigs, and any ammo upgrades will not be locked behind a DLC. I would love to be able to use them when they are released. As it is now, I keep picking up 7th legion weapons, and can't use any of them.

I think that either way, the cyber rigs have a lot of potential for the game. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

Markeen
01-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Yeah, that statement implies that it would be related to the volge Arkfalls. Talked about the holiday event first. So, for me, it was misleading. Furthermore, I haven't seen any post with an update since the holiday event started.

JadedSinn
01-03-2015, 08:17 AM
the infos not in posts there given out in side the beautiful little twitch live stream trion dose from time to time.

the cyber rigs are going to just be chip emplants from what i understand . its going to be like Eqiping a shield or weapon. and i think there going to have a max number that you can get.

i can live without ammo. i want to find out more about the rigs due to the combinations that i beleave are going to be comeing out with them.

damage rigs.

ammo rigs.

health/ shield rigs.

stuff like that. something tells me the rig items are going to cost forge to Equip or ark salvage. and that there also going to be ego/color based like weapons and shields are right now. that means oj rigs are going to be the best. and every ones going to find out fast. witch of the oj rigs is the best of the best of the best. and there going to want that one . (( so exspect prices on thes things to cost an arm a leg your left eye and helf your butt. to buy ))

i dont have much details on them , this is all speculation, but thats how i see them right now.

Lunch Box
01-03-2015, 08:40 AM
the infos not in posts there given out in side the beautiful little twitch live stream trion dose from time to time.

the cyber rigs are going to just be chip emplants from what i understand . its going to be like Eqiping a shield or weapon. and i think there going to have a max number that you can get.

i can live without ammo. i want to find out more about the rigs due to the combinations that i beleave are going to be comeing out with them.

damage rigs.

ammo rigs.

health/ shield rigs.

stuff like that. something tells me the rig items are going to cost forge to Equip or ark salvage. and that there also going to be ego/color based like weapons and shields are right now. that means oj rigs are going to be the best. and every ones going to find out fast. witch of the oj rigs is the best of the best of the best. and there going to want that one . (( so exspect prices on thes things to cost an arm a leg your left eye and helf your butt. to buy ))

i dont have much details on them , this is all speculation, but thats how i see them right now.

That would make sense, and may go in that empty spot beside the perks on the loadout screen that has always bugged me.

JadedSinn
01-03-2015, 08:45 AM
That would make sense, and may go in that empty spot beside the perks on the loadout screen that has always bugged me.

sonmething tells me there going to do a revamp of what the loadout screen looks like

Lunch Box
01-03-2015, 08:48 AM
sonmething tells me there going to do a revamp of what the loadout screen looks like

That would be nice if they do it right. I would like to see an extra weapon slot.

Duke5150
01-03-2015, 10:01 AM
A new region to explore would be nice, if it had plenty to offer and expeditions sound fun. But Silicon Valley is bare bones. I guess you need a DLC for that place to come to life? More bullets sounds great, especially when it seems so many guns use the exact same bullet pool. I have no idea what cyber rigs will be like, but I liked aliens, district 9 and elysium, so sure, give me a mech! Just make sure it's weaponry feels brutal against meatbags.

I'm looking forward to the new content for this year, in addition to getting the collector's edition and a few of the DLCs, even though this game is pretty busted with its constant time outs (I only have 5mbps but that seems fine in other games) and it's frequent bugs. But please, Trion, add stuff to the entire world, in order to make exploration more interesting and profitable. Random Loot Containers!

You know how many perfect spots I've found in this game where there should have been something in them? A dead end in a mission instance, or a very remote tree out in the boonies. Perfect locations for TREASURE. Arkhunters hunt arks for treasure, but arkfalls and arkbreaks shouldn't be it. Adding loot containers of some sort would go a long way in making exploration more rewarding. They could be lost, mundane cargo containers that hold some scrip or salvage that anyone finding them could open. That alone would increase the enjoyment, for me at least, of exploration. You could even include a "rare" container, that requires a single keycode to open, that could contain even more scrip, salvage, an item or a few bits of arkforge. Small rewards, with a small chance at something really cool, scattered all over the world, giving arkhunters something to look forward to as they grind away pursuits, or just explore the world. Instead of just racing from arkfall to incursion to siege between co-op and pvp maps.

[edit] After reading Jadedsinn's post on cyberrigs, I think this is the perfect opportunity for Trion to add in crafting. It doesn't have to be super complex. Just 10 different materials. 5 common, 3 uncommon, 2 rare. Use those to "craft" cyber rig implants. I'm not a huge crafting fan, but when done in moderation, crafting can be a great benefit to a game like defiance. It gives the players something to do, and allows them to customize their creations. Give crafting a level, similar to weapons and rides. The higher the level, the more bonus stats you can select from when crafting your rig. Just a thought.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Yeah, that statement implies that it would be related to the volge Arkfalls. Talked about the holiday event first. So, for me, it was misleading. Furthermore, I haven't seen any post with an update since the holiday event started.Probably because of the holiday event and the holidays.

I'm sure the crew enjoyed some well deserved time with family and friends as much as you did/wanted to. Now that the holidays are over, I'm sure once the holiday event is over with they'll pick the pace back up.

It's also possible to simply request some info via a new thread or a pm.

Either way, with the game being FTP now, the deadlines for things have been incredibly laxed.