PDA

View Full Version : CharacterCreation and Customization..

Grit
04-04-2013, 08:04 AM
I like that there is a fair amount of character customization but it's not as deep as i had hoped it would be.

1. Skull Facepaint: only available for the human female, sorry it's the most BA paint job and well sucks it's not there for everyone. Yeah..it makes human females unique in a sense but cah'mon lol

2. fugly.... sorry but the females have some nasty bone structures and archtypes...they tend to look more like Chyna from the WWF than a lady lol

3. Haircuts are cool

4. facial hair is alright

5. I thought there would be a "size scale" kinda wanted to make a short beer bellied retired old outlaw..guess they just come standard build lol

yeah i'm not trying to complain too much here i know that they can only put so much into the game for the character creation and i know they have a ton of different gear/outfits for the characters which is cool.

being able to customize the weapons is pretty nice..sadly most all of them look exactly the same.. to me...but heck it's still early..

if anyone wants to flame me here, go ahead and be the Human Torch..

if anyone wants to BS about this stuff, feel free to post

Bronson
04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
The Skull facepaint is at least also availlable to the Human Male and Ithrient (or something) Male. I think it's option 8, but I know for sure those two have also that option, so I guess the Ithrient Female has it also.

Chapperz
04-04-2013, 08:10 AM
Are you picking up the same weapons ive had some that are different and do different stuff, i got this shotty that shoots rapid bullits and does fire damage lol

RLStroud
04-04-2013, 08:27 AM
5. I thought there would be a "size scale" kinda wanted to make a short beer bellied retired old outlaw..guess they just come standard build lol

Yes, this is something that 99% of the games lack, the ability to give your character a nice beer belly lol. When we find that game, you know there will be at least two chubby guys running around engaging in shenanigans.

Also, the skull paint seems to be there for every character.

Buruko
04-04-2013, 08:35 AM
I like that there is a fair amount of character customization but it's not as deep as i had hoped it would be.

1. Skull Facepaint: only available for the human female, sorry it's the most BA paint job and well sucks it's not there for everyone. Yeah..it makes human females unique in a sense but cah'mon lol

This is on every character customization...

2. fugly.... sorry but the females have some nasty bone structures and archtypes...they tend to look more like Chyna from the WWF than a lady lol

I've seen some interesting and then some pretty females. I've also seen some granny looking ones.

3. Haircuts are cool

4. facial hair is alright

They'll do.

This is actually a design issue, changing the 'size/scale' of a character would alter the hit boxes or the display of where the hit boxes should logically be would be off. So the hit box template is the same for everyone (even playing field) they had to set the size of the characters permanently.

being able to customize the weapons is pretty nice..sadly most all of them look exactly the same.. to me...but heck it's still early..

I'm a ways in and put some mods on an assault rifle, now it has a crazy barrel and scope, plus a huge drum magazine underneath it. Looks sick as hell.

Grit
04-04-2013, 08:38 AM
ahh i should get some screen caps and post links.. yeah each class has a skull facepaint but for the human female it's the classic lookin skull as to her whole face is painted...black eyes, black on the nose... the other skull facepaints are just a bland white color and look no where near as cool lol

@RLStroud, Dragon's Dogma has a very in depth character creation and pawn creation system. you can have beerbellies of justice in that game BUT its not a MP open world game like Defiance...best thing ya could get is a Grit Pawn with his awesome lemmy Mustache and keg belly haha!!

overall i'm glad there are options for the customization, i just wanted MORE lol. A lot of times i start new characters just to design a new character.

as for the weapons...i know there are different types of elemental weapons but they look the same as a standard AR. perhaps there are like 2-3 differnt looks for certain weapons, no biggie though in the end.. i mean Borderlands boasts about its Gazillion guns or whatever but most of them all look the same. I mean for ARs you could have an AK look or a M16 look meh..i'm rambling..

TechGnome
04-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Ok... maybe my noobness is show... but how the shtako are you customizing your characters? I had a nice mohawk on my beta character now I've got stupid topknots... but I'm not seeing any of these face paint, hair or other options... just skin color, bone structure and mouth... ?? bleh... I want to add some real "character" to my character and three customizations doesn't quite do it for me.

-tg

Bronson
04-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Ok... maybe my noobness is show... but how the shtako are you customizing your characters? I had a nice mohawk on my beta character now I've got stupid topknots... but I'm not seeing any of these face paint, hair or other options... just skin color, bone structure and mouth... ?? bleh... I want to add some real "character" to my character and three customizations doesn't quite do it for me.

-tg

You have to switch through the multiple options (face, hair etc.) by pressing RB and LB.

Grit
04-04-2013, 08:43 AM
@Buruko, yeah i did notice the different look to my AR when i put a sight on it last night. i'm sure as the game progresses things will look different... also the design thing with the hit boxes, totally understand that now...considering the whole PVP side of the game and all that. if hitboxes are X by X no matter what size your character was it'd be silly to see a dwarven sized character running around with hulk sized bitboxes. I never thought about that part of the creation.

@TechGnome, all the customization stuff is done at character creation, just used the bumpers on your controller to go to the different option ares.

TechGnome
04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
oooooh.... aha... one of those less than documented things... or maybe I was just too frakin tired at the time (after having spent 2 hours installing & patching and battling the server availability)... now I know.... (and knowing is half the battle...)

thanks.

-tg

duction
04-04-2013, 02:40 PM
in the beta you could delete your account and re create it with the same name if you are quick and someone didnt take it while you made a new char. id test it before you do it though as some things have changed from the beta :)