PDA

View Full Version : My idea of a quick fix on pvp...and the status of pvp now...

idonthideiblaze
01-04-2015, 09:21 AM
I am opening up my self to trolled so hard,but my idea of fixing pvp would go as follows
1snothing all explosives out of pvp...for ages 1 of the most unskillful weapons used in pvp is was an still is the big boomer.I understand its fun an racks up kills, but does it really require skill..Dmg on most used boomers is above 30k dmg and if u have a top-notch boomer well u could have very close to 40k dmg...lol easy kill.40k dmg is a lot to have to worry about when u choose not to play like...for a lack of better words a goon. Throw in cloak, shadow strike an sucker punch you can eclipse 50k dmg easy at max ego with the right boomer.
2nd reason to take explosives away...the rockets I know the new event guns are cool an all but now these LONGSHOT ROCKETS...UGHHH YET ANOTHER 1 shot weapon that requires no skills jus spam away. Has anybody actually calculated the dmg from the new rockets..e5900 swimming swan will obliterate every thing in its path... Like i said b4 add the cloak perks an once again ur hitting 50k dmg again or if run sucker punch and overcharge ur roughly in the same neighborhood...does anybody catch my drift now...

The snipers...I do enjoy being killed by good snipers but the Charge snipers have to go to they do way to much dmg to b taken serious the surge bolted can kill u if u get shot in the toe lol yes just what I've always wanted and now once again if u stack the same perks u can spam away easy kill ur way to the top....

Now heres why I believe these fixes will kinda fix pvp...

It will force ppl to not abuse certain perks, it won't upset pve players, and the cream of the crop will rise to the top...in no way am I saying I'm the best pvper but there are ppl out there who are very very talented at pvp without using those weapons only to be out cheap by somebody who jus wants to troll.All this boomer,surge,and rockets is forcing all the low egos to pick up these bad habits too...pretty soon pvp will not b playable again an once again I will b quitting because I understand how effective these weapons are...WAY TOO STRONG FOR PVP...
I REALLY LIKE PVP WHEN I CAME BACK BUT ITS RUINED ONCE AGAIN...yes sum will comment oh u use boomers to but I only use to combat other boomers...and it hasn't been that bad but oh man its horrible now jus cloak an spam away...besides wat is the point of spending millions on ARs which is way I choose when u can buy cheap pvp weapons cheaper...I say all this in fairness to ppl who choose not to play like aholes...the noobs don't deserve this an its ruining the only thing I enjoy about defiance-BLAZE...LET THE TROLLING ON ME START...TO BAD I'VE GOT THICK SKIN...

mr8liner
01-04-2015, 10:24 AM
maybe they should not let the people who cry about pvp all the time play the game... how does that sound???
all and everygun in the game can and will be used in pvp. that is not going to change and I highly doubt Trion will spend the time and resources to do so.

If you and othwers do not like what weapons people use in pvp, stop playing it. simple solution.

maybe nop one should be able to use pistols, ars, bmgs, infectors. smgs, lmgs, shotguns or sniper rifles. How about we ask them to get rid off all of those guns too. then you can run around slapping people in pvp

KingNephilim
01-04-2015, 10:29 AM
maybe no one should be able to use pistols, ars, bmgs, infectors. smgs, lmgs, shotguns or sniper rifles. How about we ask them to get rid off all of those guns too. then you can run around slapping people in pvp

Trion... please make this happen... please?

Burned In Effigy
01-04-2015, 10:40 AM
I remember killing someone with my boomer and I get an angry pm calling me s noob. So I switch to my pistol sword loadout to match his loadout, I killed him with pistol and I still get angry pm calling me lucky and a noob. Or when I use my SMG I get told it takes no skill to hip fire. Its funny really.

They should just have set DMG etc for all weapons so nothing's op and everyone would be on same lvl.

Leprochaun
01-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Are big boomers bringing you down? I suggest using a level 3 blast shield perk. That 45% reduced range at which explosives can hit you will save your little heinie. Advice also applies to rockets. Seriously, big boomer users will be making big boomers in their pants when they see you coming.

You know what's good against snipers? Decoy. I hardly ever see decoy used in pvp though. No sniper can resist what they think is an uncontested headshot. Even if they know it's a decoy, they'll still feel that irresistible urge to shoot it in the head. Or basically just use any of the ego powers besides overcharge, because they'll all make it harder for a sniper to hit you. Surge bolters may be a guaranteed kill if you hit someone, but you have to charge that up for it to be useful. If you're not hitting your charged shots, you're effectively being useless.

If you don't like certain weapons, learn to counter them. Just because you can't deal with certain weapons doesn't mean other people can't. PvP shouldn't be catered to anyones' preferences.

JadedSinn
01-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Are big boomers bringing you down? I suggest using a level 3 blast shield perk. That 45% reduced range at which explosives can hit you will save your little heinie. Advice also applies to rockets. Seriously, big boomer users will be making big boomers in their pants when they see you coming.

You know what's good against snipers? Decoy. I hardly ever see decoy used in pvp though. No sniper can resist what they think is an uncontested headshot. Even if they know it's a decoy, they'll still feel that irresistible urge to shoot it in the head. Or basically just use any of the ego powers besides overcharge, because they'll all make it harder for a sniper to hit you. Surge bolters may be a guaranteed kill if you hit someone, but you have to charge that up for it to be useful. If you're not hitting your charged shots, you're effectively being useless.

If you don't like certain weapons, learn to counter them. Just because you can't deal with certain weapons doesn't mean other people can't. PvP shouldn't be catered to anyones' preferences.

HAY ! i use decoy along with senser sweep :P damn cloakers dont know what hits them when there cloak suddenly disappears and i can see them standing there ready to shoot me in the back muahahaha

there is allways a counter to every weapon in this game. people just need to learn there perk grid and what works agenst what.

(( wow sad im about to say this )) and stop complaning that there geting owned in PVP by someone that is eather more skilled them then. or knows how to make the right combo of perks and weapons to wipe the floor with them

Ryker Vorton
01-04-2015, 11:18 AM
They should just have set DMG etc for all weapons so nothing's op and everyone would be on same lvl.

I always had this line of thought. Kind of simiar to the old times of playing deadmatches on doom/counterstrike, etc. All weapons are balanced, level doesn't matter, only skill does. I really enjoying pvp in those games back in their days, now i refuse myself to put a step into pvp, it is too seriously unbalanced and unfair advantages are the order of the day, not to mention how big advantages can be to have better internet conenction or higher end computer, all in all, pvp nowadays is a pay to win circus.

Burned In Effigy
01-04-2015, 11:26 AM
Remember its because of all the complaining in PvP that all our weapons were needlessly nerfed in pve which is so wrong. It should have been the other way around. Its a SciFi game for crissake let our guns shoot laser chicken feet for alk I care just don't nerf pve for PvP sake.

Ryker Vorton
01-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Remember its because of all the complaining in PvP that all our weapons were needlessly nerfed in pve which is so wrong. It should have been the other way around. Its a SciFi game for crissake let our guns shoot laser chicken feet for alk I care just don't nerf pve for PvP sake.

In this aspect Guildwars had the good idea of making everything be dual, skills and weapons work different for PVE than PVP so when pvp needed to be rebalanced it wouldn't screw pve (took a lot of yelling from the PVE community to achieve this) Sadly later they decided that nerfing PVE was a good tactic to force people into purchasing the expansions...

A game i really loved to play was Neverwinter online, until they started destroying PVE because of the abuse of certain skills in PVP, left the game and never looked back, but still miss it sometimes. I hope Defiance is not going on that same road

Burned In Effigy
01-04-2015, 11:36 AM
In this aspect Guildwars had the good idea of making everything be dual, skills and weapons work different for PVE than PVP so when pvp needed to be rebalanced it wouldn't screw pve (took a lot of yelling from the PVE community to achieve this) Sadly later they decided that nerfing PVE was a good tactic to force people into purchasing the expansions...

Yukk! Yeah I know I was being na´ve thinking it was anything but.

Bubbie
01-04-2015, 11:48 AM

Azimov
01-04-2015, 12:07 PM
maybe they should not let the people who cry about pvp all the time play the game... how does that sound???
all and everygun in the game can and will be used in pvp. that is not going to change and I highly doubt Trion will spend the time and resources to do so.

If you and othwers do not like what weapons people use in pvp, stop playing it. simple solution.

maybe nop one should be able to use pistols, ars, bmgs, infectors. smgs, lmgs, shotguns or sniper rifles. How about we ask them to get rid off all of those guns too. then you can run around slapping people in pvp

But where would we get the fish from for the slapping, unless they add fishing! Yeah!

Azimov
01-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Good games have a mix of skill and luck, you want to reduce the luck pvp component to make pvp a duel. I suppose there is room for something like that, but don't make all pvp about it.

Cajel
01-04-2015, 12:59 PM
nTzek-CJqls

I like decoy. And yes, the new explosives are ridiculous in PvP. Look at it this way, people nowadays can survive 2 headshots from a bolt action, but rarely do they survive one of those event rockets face-to-face. This isn't me complaining or advocating for a nerf; I like a challenge.

dat skill tho

Nefarious
01-04-2015, 01:38 PM
I am opening up my self to trolled so hard,but my idea of fixing pvp would go as follows
1snothing all explosives out of pvp...for ages 1 of the most unskillful weapons used in pvp is was an still is the big boomer.I understand its fun an racks up kills, but does it really require skill..Dmg on most used boomers is above 30k dmg and if u have a top-notch boomer well u could have very close to 40k dmg...lol easy kill.40k dmg is a lot to have to worry about when u choose not to play like...for a lack of better words a goon. Throw in cloak, shadow strike an sucker punch you can eclipse 50k dmg easy at max ego with the right boomer.
2nd reason to take explosives away...the rockets I know the new event guns are cool an all but now these LONGSHOT ROCKETS...UGHHH YET ANOTHER 1 shot weapon that requires no skills jus spam away. Has anybody actually calculated the dmg from the new rockets..e5900 swimming swan will obliterate every thing in its path... Like i said b4 add the cloak perks an once again ur hitting 50k dmg again or if run sucker punch and overcharge ur roughly in the same neighborhood...does anybody catch my drift now...

The snipers...I do enjoy being killed by good snipers but the Charge snipers have to go to they do way to much dmg to b taken serious the surge bolted can kill u if u get shot in the toe lol yes just what I've always wanted and now once again if u stack the same perks u can spam away easy kill ur way to the top....

It will force ppl to not abuse certain perks, it won't upset pve players, and the cream of the crop will rise to the top...in no way am I saying I'm the best pvper but there are ppl out there who are very very talented at pvp without using those weapons only to be out cheap by somebody who jus wants to troll.All this boomer,surge,and rockets is forcing all the low egos to pick up these bad habits too...pretty soon pvp will not b playable again an once again I will b quitting because I understand how effective these weapons are...WAY TOO STRONG FOR PVP...
I REALLY LIKE PVP WHEN I CAME BACK BUT ITS RUINED ONCE AGAIN...yes sum will comment oh u use boomers to but I only use to combat other boomers...and it hasn't been that bad but oh man its horrible now jus cloak an spam away...besides wat is the point of spending millions on ARs which is way I choose when u can buy cheap pvp weapons cheaper...I say all this in fairness to ppl who choose not to play like aholes...the noobs don't deserve this an its ruining the only thing I enjoy about defiance-BLAZE...LET THE TROLLING ON ME START...TO BAD I'VE GOT THICK SKIN...

Taking guns away is never ever going to happen. Things just need to be balanced better.

Its pretty silly how the strongest guns are easy to hit with. The stronger weapons are the harder it should be due to the need of pin point accuracy or slower rate of fire to make up for their power. Or just balance and lower the dmg outputs on them. Or longer reload times or charge times or ample amount of charge before reaching a point of uber high damage numbers. There are plenty of options to balance weapons in many different ways.

So for instance the Big Boomer. The strongest fastest hitting detonator that harbors the biggest blast radius in the game 3/4 points above anything else that comes close. Does anyone truly think that this gun is balanced with all things considering? It should be way weaker to make up for its huge blast radius or its rate of fire should plummet, or a combo of the two to balance it. Or maybe some of that with a longer reload time since its rounds are bigger, heavier, and stronger. The same idea can be said about the Ground Pounder type weapons, they need a way slower rate of fire. As it is now its nothing but quick shots in a direction of where a enemy is to kill them in PvE or PvP.

And of course the Longshot needs to be balanced as its everything the other Rocket Launchers are but better because it has faster projectile velocity speed. It needs a smaller blast radius to make up for that. And I don't know on why they made one for the Solstice event with Armor passing Radiation. They couldn't of taken one of the lesser Rocket types like the Armada or Interceptor to do that with to give them a boost?

richardkrainium
01-04-2015, 01:40 PM
the part trion keeps getting wrong is instead of nerfing the weapons, how about nerfing pvp itself. no powers , no perks and everyone is the same level. Better yet why not make it so that the only guns you can use in there are the ones from the echelon box. as it stands the only thing bought out of that box is 10 grenades to finish a pursuit. update that box from the day one garbage thats currently in there and make it useful.

nerfing guns or "balancing" them isnt the answer. PvP itself needs to be fixed. how many guns,perks and powers got "balanced" into uselessness because of the zagger

idonthideiblaze
01-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Yay useful talk of pvp...to Mr8liner or wat ever ur name is I'm Sry u feel so angry about my opinion but I said in fairness and if thats to much for u then cool that's your opinion but I actually live in pvp I kno who has skill an who dosent and u my friend I never see in pvp literally...as for nerfing I NEVER SAID NERF I SAID EXCLUDE FROM PVP big difference. My only problem like I SAID they are way to strong for pvp so take them out...every thing else is managable bug guns aren't that bad...I'm not a troll nor I care to prove a point but abusing easy kill weapons everytime u get in pvp is annoying...I almost guarantee that if u take away those items most of the spammers won't play becsuse they kno they can't hang with talented players...I can put up the same spam numbers with ARs n FRAGGERS...I've said this b4 awhile back but its more of a challenge to fight fair an its more rewarding when done in fairness...I much rather somebody look at my 30-2 an b like man he used an AR on most of those kills...not oh wat a dxxk he only uses boomers to put up that kind of score, with f2p out now all these new gamers are gonna memic the vets...an if all they get is spammed then u have unoriginal clones to scared to play fair...I'm all for an all about pvp but its time to do something

Chris Robet
01-04-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm trying to do my shadow war challenges and I need 100 killa 27 vehicle destroys and 5ish hours till I'm done so I'm using big boomers seeing as that is the only way to combat other big boomers, for those of you saying just use blast shield here's a simple formula to show the boomers radius: To make it easier I'm rounding
The average human male is 6 feet The average boomer radius is 5.0 meters 5 meters is equal to 15 feet half that fifteen feet using blast shield you still have a blast radius larger than the average human male. Please tell me the perks to counter this.

SourceOfInfinity
01-04-2015, 04:23 PM

Exactly. There are SO MANY "OP" weapons in pvp, there is no point of complaining about any particular weapon. If those weapons are so OP, use one just to learn how the strategy works and find the weaknesses. I don't care what people use until they start t-bagging or meleeing the camera like they're proud of themselves so I point out how easy their weapons are and I use the same thing as them to show them there's nothing to get so egotistical about and to avoid that situation all together even though I don't even like using them as much as other weapons...

The problem to me is that EVERYTHING just does too much damage, making the fights all 1-5 second encounters. They should reduce ALL damage taken during pvp so the fights have more action and challenge in them.

idonthideiblaze
01-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Lets keep this post flowing with all kinds of opinions

JadedSinn
01-04-2015, 05:06 PM
ZzzzZZzZZzz

nothings going to change PVP will remain the same. PVP is the least of the devs worrys and thy want to work on the core game its self insted of waist time with the side something to do when players are bored PVP part of the game.

if u dont like dieing by a weapon. try useing it.

if you dont want to use it. thats on you. eather adapt or stop complaning that your geting owend. even i have to . but think of it this way.

unless your doing persuites. no player has any need to realy do PVP, so if you dont like it. dont do it.

just stop flooding the forums with compkants about it . every time someone complanes about PVP PVE gets worse becuse something gets nurfed.

Gai
01-04-2015, 05:16 PM
ZzzzZZzZZzz

nothings going to change PVP will remain the same. PVP is the least of the devs worrys and thy want to work on the core game its self insted of waist time with the side something to do when players are bored PVP part of the game.

if u dont like dieing by a weapon. try useing it.

if you dont want to use it. thats on you. eather adapt or stop complaning that your geting owend. even i have to . but think of it this way.

unless your doing persuites. no player has any need to realy do PVP, so if you dont like it. dont do it.

just stop flooding the forums with compkants about it . every time someone complanes about PVP PVE gets worse becuse something gets nurfed.

The devs already know pvp is broken and it would take up too much resources to fix that's why it's the least of their priorities lol

idonthideiblaze
01-04-2015, 05:28 PM
Not asking for a nerf on anything read my post again pve should not b touched for pvp...but the game is going on 2 years old soon an its time to address the white elephant in the room...I'm not complaining as I've said all opinions are valuable information to better the game...yes I get owend by spammers but so does everyone else. U can only do so much in pve...IN MY OPINION DEFIANCE PVP IS ALMOST BETTER THAN MANY MAINSTREAM BIG NAME GAMES...if an if they act on the pvp part of the game they can save the pve...more people intrested in free roam war means they steal mainstream gamers which means more money...which means more stability to save this game its an opinion..besides how many ppl have bashed trion but still play...I quit so many games over an over to play this game.

otonagamer
01-05-2015, 03:36 AM
I'd like to see pistol-only PvP because Pistols of Defiance come in such a wide variety. (I posted this before in some other thread) If you think people only uses Wolfie then so be it. Falloff mod might better be disabled.

SMG..............................VOT Blaster
Assault Rifle...................Wolfhound
Burst Rifle......................Wolverine
Sniper Rifle.....................Particle Ultimag
Grenade Launcher............Northstar Flare
Mine Launcher.................Volge Thunder Pistol

I think LMG-only PvP is also fun.

konstantinov
01-05-2015, 08:04 AM
Envy is a sin.

JadedSinn
01-05-2015, 08:14 AM
Envy is a sin.

shhh dont remind me of my sister >.> (( rim shot ))

Br3ach
01-05-2015, 08:30 AM
I stayed away from pvp because of all the complaining I heard about hacking, exploits, not fair, etc. At about 5400 ego I realized i would need pvp to reach max ego. So, I jumped in (and died a lot) and learned a little each time. Some experienced and very skilled players gave me tips on best builds with shields, perks, etc.

A special Thank you to: Altra, Xellia, & Psycrowpath for helping me out.

I played on & on, and the more I did, the better I got. Beside getting requirements for the pursuits, My goal was to kill more than I die. Then my goal was to use the weapons that I fall victim to myself. Currently, I'm trying to develop skills as a sniper & getting away from the cheesy kills (Rocket Launchers & Boomers.) Altra told me: "Most weapons in the game can be OP if you use them correctly."

There are a couple of times I've witnessed hacking (but it wasn't as bad as other MMO I played) for the most part- it's beed great fun & a new aspect to Defiance. I have all of the pursuits & contracts complete (except vehicle kills in SW) and I queue just to go play another match.

Remember back to your first Volge Siege & how tough they were & how it seemed like you died 50 times. PvP was similar for me. Learn the ropes, get better gear, the more you do it, the better you get. I would encourage others to give it a shot (pun intended) & maybe you will like it.

Soundtrack26
01-05-2015, 08:48 AM
i just like to say i love the pvp on here even when i first started sure has become more fun the higher my ego is tho, only thing i don't care too much for is that most the time when i join a match is has already started, one time i showed up on a losing team with two secs left...so it looked like i didn't help lol. oh and Shadow wars are just awesome. i don't play call of dutys or anything like those so i might not be a good judge on how well pvp works in Defiance but i have fun

Ryker Vorton
01-05-2015, 09:53 AM
My wild guess is that the use of explosive weapons is a kind of natural counter measure against all the jumping around i've seen there the few times i went into pvp. I can live with skilled one shoters, and just about everything else, but in real life i am a nature photographer, i cannot stand to feel like i am in cangaroo hunting safari :o

konstantinov
01-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Disclaimer: I'm not the best at pvp by any means but I hold my own.

Kind of hard to bunny hop when you're getting lit up by boomers and rockets. I didn't see anyone using sluggers in pvp before I started using them. I collected 15-20 of them for either little scrip or for free as they were considered garbage. I had no idea about the crit on them but I thought hey some of these with dmg rolls have pretty decent damage so I figured they'd scale up nicely once the ego cap was increased. Now sluggers are commonplace in pvp. People have the misconception of thinking hey I have a slugger now so I can one shot everyone. Using a slugger like I do takes practice and some skill. I'm not shooting people from half a mile away. I put the barrel through their face and shoot them. Granted I have all the cheap weapons people complain about but I've also spent going on 2 years obtaining this stuff. So for people to complain about Overpowered weapons and weapon nerfs seems more like envy or they want handouts.

Note: I have a feaster but haven't been using it in pvp as I get bored with it. With all the people sitting in their spawn sniping I have resorted to using my Turtle Dove to blast them in the face. I use to run a dual Syphon Northstar Flare combo because it was too funny 1 shotting people with headshots. Use to get a lot of hate mail about that.

Festival
01-05-2015, 12:17 PM
My wild guess is that the use of explosive weapons is a kind of natural counter measure against all the jumping around i've seen there the few times i went into pvp. I can live with skilled one shoters, and just about everything else, but in real life i am a nature photographer, i cannot stand to feel like i am in cangaroo hunting safari :o

The big issue I have with bunnyhopping is that the physics engine allows those ridiculously high, Unreal Tournament style jumps. Not that it's hard to overcome (learn to track the jumps while emptying a full Canker mag into them, then switch to evasion mode until the DPS kills the 'hopper...presto!), but that the sillyness of it all kind of destroys the entertainment value and immersion factor for me. There seem to be two camps in shooter PvP: UT-style fantasy or CoD-style realism. I guess I'm firmly in the latter camp...and Defiance is in the former in many ways. Not a deal-breaker, but I don't like it.

No issues with people using any of the OP weapon combos, though...they're in the game, so people are gonna use 'em. I'm certainly not going to ridicule anyone for using a "cheesy" weapon (I use a Canker, ferchrissakes),

I'd love a balancing pass on weapons, but I get why a lot of PvE-only players dread that.

Br3ach
01-05-2015, 01:40 PM
I'm fine with weapons the way they are. If developers choose to balance or nerf them- please make it in PvP only, so the PvE side- which is far more players, won't be penalized.

SourceOfInfinity
01-05-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm fine with weapons the way they are. If developers choose to balance or nerf them- please make it in PvP only, so the PvE side- which is far more players, won't be penalized.
They should make it so all damage (and BMG healing) to a player from another player is reduced. Everyone could use their favorite weapons, fighting would be more interesting and skill would matter much more. They would also probably have to slightly increase the ammo capacity as well.

Some people make the argument that Trion doesn't care about PVP, but we all know they LOVE big spenders...and I find pvp junkies to be the biggest spenders of them all because of the competitive nature of pvp. Whether Trion recognizes this or not is a different matter...

WhiteKnight019
01-07-2015, 05:48 AM

Honestly, if you really want a well balanced PVP and everyone be on even ground would be for Trion to implement a pre-made loadout system that they choose. They do 6 premade loadouts of their choosing of weapons and perks. Then the game comes down to skill. If your use of the loadout gets more kills than someone else, they can't cry noob or hacking because everyone would be on even footing. That's the only way to "fix" PVP.

But... not only what you suggest, and I suggest, but what everyone else suggests won't fix PVP because NO MATTER WHAT there will always be someone unhappy about anything. So the best way to do it is keep it the way it is and let people cry noob haxors.

Temprel
02-02-2015, 07:59 AM

I agree 100%. It would be nice to see a fix to and/or debuff or less ammo for these weapons. Or just a few maps where certain weapons like these are not available so you can have a good gun fight.
I sigh everytime Im behind a truck or boulder and still get gimp killed by an explosive from "certain players" by thier Boomer/Rocket. Also would like to see a fix for Frag grenades, mine will sometimes do zero damage to them as they are literally standing on top of it.

Temprel
02-02-2015, 08:02 AM
the part trion keeps getting wrong is instead of nerfing the weapons, how about nerfing pvp itself. no powers , no perks and everyone is the same level. Better yet why not make it so that the only guns you can use in there are the ones from the echelon box. as it stands the only thing bought out of that box is 10 grenades to finish a pursuit. update that box from the day one garbage thats currently in there and make it useful.

nerfing guns or "balancing" them isnt the answer. PvP itself needs to be fixed. how many guns,perks and powers got "balanced" into uselessness because of the zagger

Very True.

King Stud
02-02-2015, 08:51 AM

Kind of hard to bunny hop when you're getting lit up by boomers and rockets. I didn't see anyone using sluggers in pvp before I started using them. I collected 15-20 of them for either little scrip or for free as they were considered garbage. I had no idea about the crit on them but I thought hey some of these with dmg rolls have pretty decent damage so I figured they'd scale up nicely once the ego cap was increased. Now sluggers are commonplace in pvp. People have the misconception of thinking hey I have a slugger now so I can one shot everyone. Using a slugger like I do takes practice and some skill. I'm not shooting people from half a mile away. I put the barrel through their face and shoot them. Granted I have all the cheap weapons people complain about but I've also spent going on 2 years obtaining this stuff. So for people to complain about Overpowered weapons and weapon nerfs seems more like envy or they want handouts.

Note: I have a feaster but haven't been using it in pvp as I get bored with it. With all the people sitting in their spawn sniping I have resorted to using my Turtle Dove to blast them in the face. I use to run a dual Syphon Northstar Flare combo because it was too funny 1 shotting people with headshots. Use to get a lot of hate mail about that.

You actually won't be able to one shot a high ego player running a rad resist ironclad/rhino along with lead-lined using the vast majority of sluggers (double dmg ones included). The only one that one know is guaranteed to oneshot is an assassin double crit slugger. A double crit + dmg wanyu WITH a 15% crit from hip mastery may also be able to pull it off, but I haven't tested that one out yet, so I'm not sure. Values were tested with gunslinger equipped btw.

duction
02-02-2015, 09:26 AM
If you are not top ego then you cannot really cry about it, you get buffed to match the highest ego In that match plus actually play the game and buy some decent loot to use... People always want it served on a plate for them.

konstantinov
02-02-2015, 11:26 AM
You actually won't be able to one shot a high ego player running a rad resist ironclad/rhino along with lead-lined using the vast majority of sluggers (double dmg ones included). The only one that one know is guaranteed to oneshot is an assassin double crit slugger. A double crit + dmg wanyu WITH a 15% crit from hip mastery may also be able to pull it off, but I haven't tested that one out yet, so I'm not sure. Values were tested with gunslinger equipped btw.

It's impossible to have a 2x crit 2x dmg slugger with a 15% crit from the hip mastery. You can't roll crit as a mastery on sluggers. Let's try and keep this to weapons that exist in game and not made up ones.

Genuine
02-02-2015, 11:28 AM

The exist of explosive weapons is for low ego player to kill top ego and top gears players.
you have to give them a chance.
outnumber, thanks to matching system, sometime you will find yourself 1 vs 5 or more. you cant really use your pistol to fight 5 players at the same time. for the most part, sometime they like to gather together at the capture point and it is a waste not use explosive to take them all out at once.

WhiteStrike
02-02-2015, 11:42 AM

Wait,I don't get it:Sluggers need to headshot in order to 1 shot...So why don't people use Wolfhounds?Good hip-fire,one headshot kill...I don't get it.

Genuine
02-02-2015, 11:54 AM
overall, is your ego and your gears.

Ali Fangsmith
08-24-2015, 02:13 AM

I'm in TOTAL agreement!!!

StraightUpRev
08-24-2015, 03:00 AM

Ali no necroing around here xD

Atticus Batman
08-24-2015, 04:25 AM

Sorry but now I must post this before somebody else does!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/b7/a1/19/b7a1194d9cc2cc502cd7d8e9f8cc53f8.jpg

MrQuacky
08-24-2015, 06:07 AM
Wait,I don't get it:Sluggers need to headshot in order to 1 shot...So why don't people use Wolfhounds?Good hip-fire,one headshot kill...I don't get it.

I find autopistols or tacc autopistols more entertaining than a wolfhound.

its just an adquired taste. i used a wildcat for sometime but i cant find a good rad or bio nano one.