PDA

View Full Version : They seriously need to fix the Sharpshooting Savior challenge.

The Canuckinater
01-04-2015, 10:16 AM
So after spending a week over an hour a day just trying to get a simple silver I have concluded that this chalenge has major issues. I will list them.

1. The aim reticle is the size of a pixel.
2. A lot of your shots even if directly on target dont hit.
3. Spawning of enemies is conpletely random which means failure from even a silver 99 percent of the time.
4. The length of time for the challenge is random.

I am not sure if there is a certain way of doing this or if there really are issues with this specific challenge and if not why is it this is the ONLY one that is not only impossible to get gold on but nearly impossible for silver while I have gold in nearly every event accept for this one?

I mean for crap sakes there is only one single player in the game since release on north american servers that has managed to get a gold.

Markeen
01-04-2015, 11:18 AM
The ranks reset daily. Gold is easy. I thought it was broken too. But, it's not.

KingNephilim
01-04-2015, 12:17 PM
Definately IS broken, this is a known fact...

As well, the length of the challenge isn't random. It's SUPPOSED to end when either once of the miners/hostages die or you run out of ammo.
For me it ended prematurely a multitude of times whenever I got to a certain score right above bronze, even if the area was cleared of enemies.

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 12:28 PM
It's buggy but the reason to fix it would be the possibility to exploit the game, such as retrying as your ammo is out to be able to continue with your previous score and fresh ammo. It's like scanning the same shell at bugs basin and the telecom site where you can use the same devices over and over to get more XP keys and AF. So there are lots of things to fix but it will get there I hope :)

Bentu
01-04-2015, 12:42 PM
It's the only one I have a problem with.

Claydough
01-04-2015, 02:20 PM
its not bugged, it's just really hard.

brokenshield
01-04-2015, 02:36 PM
Sorry. Bugged.

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Its possible to complete it If you cheat, when in the event simply click up map and choose restart you will start with your previous score and when you have one shot left in the mag simply restart shoot one shot and you will get new bullets when you reload. I dont recommend cheating, but since the thing is broken and its needed for a pursuit... It's just a matter if you can live with yourselves after cheating ;)

Claydough
01-04-2015, 02:55 PM
It does not end prematurely, it end when one of the miners die. (At least on pc)

You must kill the raiders before they start shooting.

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 02:57 PM
I think the glitch has been brought up to the devs, or is known since I read about it in another post on the forum.

brokenshield
01-04-2015, 03:02 PM
It does not end prematurely, it end when one of the miners die. (At least on pc)

We understand how to achieve this, but when it ends with all miners still alive and time on the clock, it is bugged.

Claydough
01-04-2015, 03:44 PM
I could not replicate this bug, every time things end prematurely the miners had died for me.

brokenshield
01-04-2015, 03:48 PM
To the best of my knowledge this is not a pc issue.

MadDogTremor
01-04-2015, 04:08 PM
It is bugged and on PC/NA. I am the one who brought the issue up to the Devs. They say they're looking in to it. But that's all they'll say.

Atticus Batman
01-04-2015, 04:19 PM

It also ends if you move out of the tiny circle.

JadedSinn
01-04-2015, 04:57 PM
im one of the many people that had truble on this . i find that as long as u keep your multiplyer up youll do just fine and beat it. just keep at it.

its not broken its just. hard.

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 05:19 PM
I also mailed the devs with this one and also two more buggy missions, most of you surely know about BB and the telestation so no point in writing it out for more exploits.

But if more people would put just a little time into it and mail them, maybee they'll think that its such an issue that it affects more than two or three ppl?

brokenshield
01-04-2015, 05:44 PM
I think the problem is that the 1 in 100 (completely arbitrary number) times it works properly, people assume they were doing it badly before and have improved. They then move on assuming that people just need to get better to get past it. All I can say is that I wasn't moving out of the zone, the civilians weren't dead, I still had ammo, even with the score getting above 13000, though that seems to have been my catching point, only to have it end abruptly with a fail. If that isn't a bug then I am at a loss to what is.

I have gotten past this and haven't looked back till now.

JadedSinn
01-04-2015, 07:37 PM
I think the problem is that the 1 in 100 (completely arbitrary number) times it works properly, people assume they were doing it badly before and have improved. They then move on assuming that people just need to get better to get past it. All I can say is that I wasn't moving out of the zone, the civilians weren't dead, I still had ammo, even with the score getting above 13000, though that seems to have been my catching point, only to have it end abruptly with a fail. If that isn't a bug then I am at a loss to what is.

I have gotten past this and haven't looked back till now.

i allways say . just keep doing it. and sooner or latter it will let you win.

brokenshield
01-04-2015, 08:01 PM
True, but the problem for me is I don't find these types of things fun. It just becomes a chore and that is when they work. Too many other things I could be doing in the game and enjoying them for me to waste too much time with something that is this fickle. lol

KingNephilim
01-04-2015, 08:07 PM
i allways say . just keep doing it. and sooner or latter it will let you win.

...because at some people it might "let you win", even though you were abiding by the challenge rules, completing the objectives & still lost a hundred times before means... it's not broken?

>_> ...Thanks for clearing that up for me

Claydough
01-05-2015, 06:44 AM
can somone post a video of it bugging out?

Yakalfurd
01-05-2015, 06:57 AM
I can only speak to the PS3 version as I have only played the PS3 version. But I am 99.99% sure the hit boxes are broken. I've pumped a good 5 or 6 shots into a Raiders head and it not died more times than I can even remember.

cmpowell
01-05-2015, 11:02 AM
...because at some people it might "let you win", even though you were abiding by the challenge rules, completing the objectives & still lost a hundred times before means... it's not broken?

>_> ...Thanks for clearing that up for me

hey, king if you need to complete this hit me up in clan. I did it last night. I've got some tips that will get you gold

Animal85
01-05-2015, 11:54 AM
just done on my char mising chalenges with previous posted method its realy easy to get gold and more
just start it and when you almoust out of amo or time just open map and chose restart its restarts but points stay the same and just continue
finished this snipe chalenge with my ar becas runed out of ammo
open map, restart, continue and you done gold on all chalenges works great