PDA

View Full Version : Ninja looter help..?

mcewan1
02-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Have been reading alot about this game and looking forward to friday :D but can someone answer one question about ninjalooters because i hate them!!
is it posable to ninja as i hate ninja's
please tell me you can't ninja loot i.e go around stealing loot (guns armour) while others are fighting.

Davisto
02-06-2013, 08:01 AM
Have been reading alot about this game and looking forward to friday :D but can someone answer one question about ninjalooters because i hate them!!
is it posable to ninja as i hate ninja's
please tell me you can't ninja loot i.e go around stealing loot (guns armour) while others are fighting.

yeah i hate that too hope someone knows cant stand people who dont cooperate and run of with all the loot and ammo *shakes fist*

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
i not 100% on this but minor loot that drops everyone can pick up (ammo credits etc) as for major loot like guns et i dont know i believe they dont like ninja loot either so i think they will sort something out

Shane5484
02-06-2013, 08:11 AM
From what i have seen this is not possible.

Aoroi
02-06-2013, 08:58 AM
From what I seen, the loot drops on screen are there for you only, but the online videos can be hard to see. The green/Red crystals are evident though.

purpletiger6
02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
I do hope you guys are right then ninjas killed DCUO for me all DPS gear was ninja'd :mad:

Caios
02-06-2013, 02:52 PM
I can't give you any details on this due to the NDA restrictions, but I think the only ninjas you really need to worry about will be the cloak using fiends in PvP battles.

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 02:55 PM
I can't give you any details on this due to the NDA restrictions, but I think the only ninjas you really need to worry about will be the cloak using fiends in PvP battles.

good fills me with hope. ninja looters are a pet hate of mine.

KingMike
02-06-2013, 03:01 PM
From the streams of Twitch whan i popped the question to them.

Short answer no.
Longer answer is, as long as you participate in the combat you can loot it and every one else if i understand it correct.
Basicly what you see on the screen so does every one else that participate in the combat and can loot it, as can you :)
Hope i made some sense there :rolleyes:

Hey loot for everyone :D

-M

Myll_Erik
02-06-2013, 03:03 PM
We're still fiddling with things - but for now, the only loot you can collect is the loot that is available to you. (So there is no ninja looting)

KingMike
02-06-2013, 03:04 PM
See Lance saves the day :)

-M

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 03:12 PM
one more question i hope lance will answer. loot is personal (which is cool), but will everyone get the same item drop for them. lets say ultra cool xxx gun drops, will everyone who took part in the combat get ultra cool xxx gun, or will 1 person get that, the next get semi cool gun x, and another person get ultra cool gun ***?

my concern is everyone gets the same drop, it will lessen the rareity if several drop.

purpletiger6
02-06-2013, 03:53 PM
thanks guys that's why I stopped playing DC crappyverse

Archangel
02-06-2013, 03:55 PM
this was my similar question. Are the loot tables individual or grouped.

So do we have ninja looters? or does everyone get the same gun if it drops? or does what drops differ between the players and some sort of item find or magic find?

Rokkrwolf
02-07-2013, 02:28 AM
We're still fiddling with things - but for now, the only loot you can collect is the loot that is available to you. (So there is no ninja looting)

I hate to dig this up seeing as we have two threads on it but people are still arguing over this. So I am asking you Lance is there anyway you can get a direct definitive answer from a dev for us?

For example you are saying that all the loot is independent. Where as several devs in the streams have all said different things. I will list them below

Basically you kill a enemy, they explode as they like to call a "Loot Pinata." They will drop such things as "scrip," ammo, shields and weapons. Some of them like the bits and ammo will auto pickup. Where as the shields and weapons you will need to press a button to pick them up.

Looting is more of a contribution system, you have to be participating in the fight to get the loot. We have tried to make it so you wont ever feel like your doing all the work, or some random dude who just drove by and ninja's stuff.

All currency and gear will be shared. So everyone has the option to get it.

These are 3 separate answers from different devs and are really causing even more confusion with your's in the mix. I completely understand it has probably changed many times but that last one is one of the more recent streams.

I just want to make sure we are putting the exact answer in the FAQ so everyone can be happy.

Paulcholio
02-07-2013, 11:09 AM
In the last publicly released Trion Worlds Twitch Live Feed on Feb 1st, in the Defiance section of the feed, dev stated that the loot system was set up to where loot from your solo kills cannot be looted by others, and group kills will be shared equally. Did not elaborate further on how the shared loot is shared.

I believe they are intentionally keeping the rest vague in case they need to tweak it, and Beta and Alpha testers aren't allowed to elaborate further either due to the non-disclosure agreement, but at least they are doing something to curb the ninja looters. ;)

Rokkrwolf
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
In the last publicly released Trion Worlds Twitch Live Feed on Feb 1st, in the Defiance section of the feed, dev stated that the loot system was set up to where loot from your solo kills cannot be looted by others, and group kills will be shared equally. Did not elaborate further on how the shared loot is shared.

I believe they are intentionally keeping the rest vague in case they need to tweak it, and Beta and Alpha testers aren't allowed to elaborate further either due to the non-disclosure agreement, but at least they are doing something to curb the ninja looters. ;)

Alright then our "The game used a system of shared loot. What you kill becomes shared among your group. If you are solo and you kill something, you do not need to be worried about someone else coming along and taking your rare items. Some common loot is shared among all involved based upon your involvement in the kill." is accurate. I've watched the streams so many times my head is boiling.

Dead_Phoenix
02-07-2013, 11:38 AM
one more loot style question i want to know is, how long will loot be left on the ground? if i die and have to run back (not actually sure on what happens with deaths yet) do i have chance to get back to it before it goes? or even if im ina massive boss fight i dont exactly wanto be worrying about running around picking stuff up because it will de-spawn

Rokkrwolf
02-07-2013, 11:40 AM
one more loot style question i want to know is, how long will loot be left on the ground? if i die and have to run back (not actually sure on what happens with deaths yet) do i have chance to get back to it before it goes? or even if im ina massive boss fight i dont exactly wanto be worrying about running around picking stuff up because it will de-spawn

Ahh so basically this -

How long will loot take to despawn? < Easiest form lol

Or

What is the despawn time before loot will disappear?

I don't think I've seen such a question asked around so I'll add it to my list to ask the devs during live stream.

Dead_Phoenix
02-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Ahh so basically this -

How long will loot take to despawn? < Easiest form lol

Or

What is the despawn time before loot will disappear?

I don't think I've seen such a question asked around so I'll add it to my list to ask the devs during live stream.

pretty much altho tbh hopefully tomorrow ill answer most of this stuff myself in the beta :)

Rokkrwolf
02-07-2013, 11:47 AM
pretty much altho tbh hopefully tomorrow ill answer most of this stuff myself in the beta :)

True but if I get a direct answer from a dev I can add it to the FAQ. So I don't break NDA :p

Archangel
02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
Shared loot is vague as it doesn't tell us if the loot is duplicated and shared with everyone, or everyone has a chance to roll for the loot but only 1 item is handed out, or everyone see's the loot since it is shared but only 1 gets it.

Which is why i wonder if the tables for loot are individual or everyone see's what drops for everyone else and its a free for all.

I get the solo play piece but i am thinking for Ark events.

That big bug explodes, how does the loot get shared evenly to everyone who contributed?