PDA

View Full Version : PRE Major Arkfall (WM) Tactical/Rallying Thread

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 06:18 PM
http://s3.postimg.org/9xva61u9v/2015_01_05_02_00_15.jpg
I really hope that this thread will be used as intended.
My idea of this thread is to get together and decide/discuss in advance.
For example.

The poster decides a specific day that he would like to call down a M-AF.
He/She/It decides the rules for the upcoming event (yes I know ppl will show up and not have a clue, but the majority will have a good idea and the event could actually be completed)

http://s7.postimg.org/hn2rhnvqj/2015_01_05_01_59_48.jpg

So the post should contain at least one of these (or more) information's:

What we do when we have entered Arkfall
Shoot the locks or not
Shooting the back or right hand
System, Server and Gamertag

I really hope we could make this work, there are multiple occasions per day and I know we could work together to make Major Arkfalls be really fun!

This is not intended and will not make you take dibs on Arkfalls, simply just to get the most of the people attending the event working as a unit.

So what do you say guys and girls? Can we make this happen?

//Broman

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 06:51 PM
Anyone who has something to add or correct I would really appreciate the help :) the meaning of this is to come together and work as a group :)

Chris Robet
01-04-2015, 06:52 PM
I wish you luck in this endeavor; however, most who post in this thread will shoot down your idea saying large clans (such as cronus and passport2hell) will call down arkfalls and tell the rest of the clan how to fight and when they are calling down arkfalls. I do wish you luck in getting this thread up and running.

JadedSinn
01-04-2015, 07:34 PM
I wish you luck in this endeavor; however, most who post in this thread will shoot down your idea saying large clans (such as cronus and passport2hell) will call down arkfalls and tell the rest of the clan how to fight and when they are calling down arkfalls. I do wish you luck in getting this thread up and running.

what he said.

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 09:06 PM
Well there are multiple systems, servers ands shards. I really hope this would work out. I do believe even bigger clans would appreciate if more people showed up and knew what they were doing.

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 09:25 PM
And if so, what difference does it make if a clan writes here to call down an AF or keeps it in Clan chat? This will certain occur multiple times that forum players decide to call down an AF at lets say Wednesday afternoon, and when they get there someone's already called it down. But then again there would be a big group of players with most part knowing what to do therefore it will be successful.

So I really hope this could work out :)

OMERTA
01-05-2015, 11:56 AM
As i wrote this thread is not for claiming an arkfall site, only for preparing and organizing the Group before calling it down.
So if (when) two groups meet at an arkfall whether it is a clan and forum players or forum players and random players. The odds of succes will still be greater, since the majority of the group is organized and prepared.

In my head it sounds better, but I might be wrong. I know most of you guys been playing since start and has probably seen these kind of ideas getting thrown up in the forum and quickly shot down.

But if a few good men and women could just try it out I would dare to say it would be a success.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-05-2015, 12:41 PM
Randoms showing up is what dooms most War Master runs to utter failure.
So advertising a date and time is asking for Utter failure due to all the randoms and trolls that would show up.
Clan websites are for posting clan run schedules.

OMERTA
01-06-2015, 09:14 AM
Randoms showing up is what dooms most War Master runs to utter failure.
So advertising a date and time is asking for Utter failure due to all the randoms and trolls that would show up.
Clan websites are for posting clan run schedules.

But if 10 random rookie players show up, they shoot everywhere, crawls on the floor, bmgs then the 15-20 organized must still have a better chance to win?

Or does this all come down to EGO rating? Because then it doesn't really matter if there are more players doing right if the ego is too low.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-06-2015, 10:38 AM
No more numbers that are useless that do not follow direction means failure.
Lets say 1 shows up that kills the last Viscera before everyone is ready or you have enough people that know the correct way to fight the warmaster. Well at that point the clock has started you have very limited time to get invites out get people there and explain the fight before it starts.
Let us say 2 show up that refuse to listen and shot the locks releasing the warmaster he now moves and aggros immediately you do not have time to break the armor before he starts moving you do not have time to group at the back and drop spikes and dps down the crystal armor, you so not have time to get people off the glass which will lead to being downed.
Let us say you get 1 that has no clue to the fact that if you are to close that the WM were move and aggro and start attacking or one that moves forward as soon as the cage opens drawing aggro causing the WM to move and start attacking.

Many things can and will go wrong with randoms showing up. It is not a pure ego or even pure DPS situation it is also strategic and randoms and trolls showing up knowing in advance where and when will cause even more failures then they do now.

konstantinov
01-06-2015, 10:50 AM
I will just say that during the Solstice I saw a handful of them fail and here's the reason why. It's not due to BMGs or CFs. It's because there were enough lower ego people to bump the TL to 10 and when they're not getting boosted to 4750 or whatever they get rolled. I can assure you that if 50 low ego players can't do a solstice then they are going to be utterly disappointed with the WM.

You need 70-75% of the players doing the WM to be higher ego with proper loadouts and weapons. If there are 20 low ego players and you're a higher ego, you may as well leave because it's going to be a slug convention in there.

http://www.ento.csiro.au/education/Assets/images_allies/slug_family.jpg

r1p
01-06-2015, 11:16 AM
I think the issues with inexperienced players & the WM are going to be moot in the near future anyways with the private instance patch that is in the works. Large clans will be able to spin up clan only instances and solo players will still be able to join open instances. I do think that if the SS event didn't "encourage" solo players to join a clan so that they could shard hop for SS majors, private instance WM events will because it will become about the only viable way to have a chance at successfully beating the WM because the clans should be more organized and inexperienced players will be better educated by clan members.

vash2x60billion
01-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Im down. Add me and ill be there
vash2x60billion
psn
ego 2300

OMERTA
01-07-2015, 04:55 AM
Thank you for explaining more guys :) i Think i am considered a noob because i am new at this but it has caught me so bad. I got it f2p on XBL and been going since then, it's a massive game with much to learn so sorry if this thread made no big purpose.

Heard about the private instances, so I am really looking forward to those being brought to the game :)

And if people do want to use this thread anyway I'd. Be more than happy to have helped someone :)

OMERTA
01-07-2015, 06:55 AM
But do remember

“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”

OMERTA
03-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Even though lately he's been dropping alot this could be a help for new players and ppl looking for gatherings. I hereby bump this thread!

bridget mobyvixen
03-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Looks like you are Xbox or I would gladly invite you anytime me or my clanmates call one down. :-) We are a small clan and not as organized as the big guys...we tend to be more of the "fly by the seat of our pants" group...:-)

OMERTA
03-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I ocassionaly jump on pc and pts too :)

bridget mobyvixen
03-05-2015, 11:45 AM
I ocassionaly jump on pc and pts too :)

We are PS3 NA...I have a macbook too, and have not dared to consider the PTS on the vmware on my macbook...i am thinking it could be an utter disaster....

I was meaning to ask you...you have "wm kills" in your signature..when you did the solo kill, I assume it just kept threat level to something low, like a lot of conflict sites and other areas do?

Chris Robet
03-05-2015, 03:55 PM
We are PS3 NA...I have a macbook too, and have not dared to consider the PTS on the vmware on my macbook...i am thinking it could be an utter disaster....

I was meaning to ask you...you have "wm kills" in your signature..when you did the solo kill, I assume it just kept threat level to something low, like a lot of conflict sites and other areas do?

Even if you tried running it you wouldn't get it to work (unless you have bootcamp) Defiance is windows only. I also have a macbook so you won't see me on PC or PTS unfortunately I really want to test out Alcatraz.

OMERTA
03-05-2015, 05:41 PM

That is correct i don't remember the TL but think it was at 4. Solo is way easier but way harder to execute, I did it late night/early morning. Keep an eye on zone chat, less talk more chance of solo wm :)

Chris Robet
03-05-2015, 05:43 PM
That is correct i don't remember the TL but think it was at 4.

It would've been TL 3 if you are 5,500 or above ego. Your normal TL is halved in arkfalls, arkbreaks, and Mt. Tam. I think that also applies to incursions and invasions also but I'm not 100% sure.

OMERTA
03-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Yes that is accurate :) I was unsure if it was 3-4 and wanted it to sound a liiiittle harder I guess ^^

Chris Robet
03-05-2015, 05:47 PM
sound a liiiittle harder I guess ^^

Sorry!! In omerta's case his threat was at 10 because he scared the crap out of the warmaster. :D

OMERTA
03-05-2015, 05:57 PM
True dat my man! Cris saw my green arrow because he was in a different phase that made my tl 10..... True.. No bs... Really :)

bridget mobyvixen
03-05-2015, 06:58 PM
True dat my man! Cris saw my green arrow because he was in a different phase that made my tl 10..... True.. No bs... Really :)

hmmmmm.....uh huh