PDA

View Full Version : The Reindeer Shard Paradox

OMERTA
01-04-2015, 09:20 PM
I have been thinking about this for some time now, when in game I keep seeing people in chat writing: "where is dancer, blitzen, prancer" and so on. Always different replies "Muir, Bloodbath, Crater".

And people fast travel and instantly "he's not there", and the answer is always the same, "you must be on a different shard."

BUT

For an example if "Player 1" is at Muir and has found Dasher behind the sniper vendor, he writes in zone chat. Player 2 sees this a while after and teleports but doesn't see him and instead finds Rudolph at the processing plant. He then writes to P1 saying that Dasher's not there. Continues playing and P2 teleports to Muir and stands next to Dasher, at the same time asking P2 to fast travel to his location. And voila Dasher is there.

I have had this happen to me att BB turnout several times. Does this also affect the disappearing players during the Major Solstice's? Or is that connected to the snow bug. Which in my opinion has to do with camera angles and player movement, same thing goes for disappearing players at the MS if you slowly turn or pan the field of vision while backtracking (if possible otherwise do it while incapacitated) and they start to pop back up.

//Broman

Atticus Batman
01-04-2015, 09:27 PM
I have been thinking about this for some time now, when in game I keep seeing people in chat writing: "where is dancer, blitzen, prancer" and so on. Always different replies "Muir, Bloodbath, Crater".

And people fast travel and instantly "he's not there", and the answer is always the same, "you must be on a different shard."

BUT

For an example if "Player 1" is at Muir and has found Dasher behind the sniper vendor, he writes in zone chat. Player 2 sees this a while after and teleports but doesn't see him and instead finds Rudolph at the processing plant. He then writes to P1 saying that Dasher's not there. Continues playing and P2 teleports to Muir and stands next to Dasher, at the same time asking P2 to fast travel to his location. And voila Dasher is there.

I have had this happen to me att BB turnout several times. Does this also affect the disappearing players during the Major Solstice's? Or is that connected to the snow bug. Which in my opinion has to do with camera angles and player movement, same thing goes for disappearing players at the MS if you slowly turn or pan the field of vision while backtracking (if possible otherwise do it while incapacitated) and they start to pop back up.

//Broman

Actually there are 2 locations at most of the fast travels, that the reindeer can be. Obviously player 2 only knew about the spot at muir up by the damn, and didn't look behind the crates near the echelon and sniper vendors. Same can be said of the 2 different spots at Bb Turnout, Erc, Crater, Last Chance and Bug N' Chug.

Azimov
01-04-2015, 09:34 PM
No technical explanation is needed, it is simply reindeer games. :)

Leprochaun
01-04-2015, 09:37 PM
BB turnout actually has four locations. Nitpicking is fun.

Praxus07
01-04-2015, 09:48 PM
All I know is following the location map, the one that had exact GPS coordinates for each possible reindeer spot, I found zero reindeer. Not a one. I spent one night going to each location and found nothing.

TheStigsCousin
01-05-2015, 01:48 AM
All I know is following the location map, the one that had exact GPS coordinates for each possible reindeer spot, I found zero reindeer. Not a one. I spent one night going to each location and found nothing.

Most of those map coordinates are off by 100's of meters. Once you learn the actually spots that they spawn it's easy to find them.

OMERTA
01-05-2015, 03:04 AM
I wanted to explain easily, I know all (or i think most) the spots from earth republic down to overpass :) dont read it as its only those two locations, I just didn't want to make the "storytelling" longer

And there are five spots at bb across the road, up by the mutants to your left, by the sign at the plant and two spawn points by the wall to the plant to the left of the entrance.

Praxus07
01-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Most of those map coordinates are off by 100's of meters. Once you learn the actually spots that they spawn it's easy to find them.
If I knew the actual spots they spawned at I wouldn't need the map to try finding them. Kind of a catch 22 there. Moot point now though. If I keep playing I won't waste any more time on future event contracts though, that's for sure.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-05-2015, 12:16 PM
Be gone in 12hrs(ish) anyway

Donk
01-05-2015, 12:20 PM

2 pts found humor well done.

Burned In Effigy
01-05-2015, 01:06 PM

Awwwww hell nah not-a Ben-a Affreck.

Atticus Batman
01-05-2015, 10:49 PM

No Bent Afflicted.....er Ben Affleck. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://memecrunch.com/meme/QEBU/batman-says-no/image.png
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/ben-affleck-batman-reaction-13.jpg
http://heroclixworld.com/hcw/images_html/Articles/TopLists/BenAffleckBatman/Marvel.jpg

OMERTA
01-07-2015, 05:02 AM
Hahaha top notch jokes :)