PDA

View Full Version : I Hope.

ItISLupus
02-06-2013, 09:40 AM
That we don't get a bunch of early adopters who will think that this will be a run of the mill shooter, then finding out its not, drop the game without even giving it a chance.

However judging from the comments on the Trailers on youtube we may not be that lucky.

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm sure plenty of people already think it's going to be the run of the mill shooter and aren't even here because of it. That's one of the challenges when you create a shooter game this day in age. It's all been done before. Very little to bring to the table.

But, if Defiance can do what Rift did, and bring all of the great elements into one place. Then you've got a gold title.

DuoMaxwell007
02-06-2013, 09:54 AM
Then you've got a gold title.

assuming ppl buy it... you can have the best game in the world, if the sales say otherwise then its still a failure

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 09:58 AM
Rift was the same way. Not much up until a month or so before. Then all hell broke lose when betas started getting out there and people could try the game out. Friends heard about it, and it went down (or up) hill from there.

I feel like this game will be the same way. Once people can see it and get into it, they'll get more excited. Hopefully March will be an open testing month where you'll see all the news groups like PC Gamer, IGN, etc really getting into it and showing the world. Otherwise, yes it will fail.

Word of mouth is good... but a swift kick with a boot in the mouth is even better. Makes more of a point. The more they see, the more they get to experience the better.

Seems to be like this game is one of those sleeping giants.

Weregarurumon
02-06-2013, 10:05 AM
I work at a major game retailer, and it's kind of shocking how many people I talk to daily that simply don't know anything about this game. I've been trying to really push it to try to get some buzz around, and finally people are starting to get really excited about it. I hope it brings to the table everything they are saying it will. Could be amazing with the show and game so interconnected.

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
I work at a major game retailer, and it's kind of shocking how many people I talk to daily that simply don't know anything about this game. I've been trying to really push it to try to get some buzz around, and finally people are starting to get really excited about it. I hope it brings to the table everything they are saying it will. Could be amazing with the show and game so interconnected.

I put up a thread on my multi-gaming groups website. Of the 100+ people we have, I think only one person has heard of it. I'm not even entirely sure he heard of it before I mentioned it. But it's definitely not out there enough just yet. Like I said though, the more people can get in and talk about it the better. Hopefully they cut the NDA back sometime around the end of this month.

Halek Tracer
02-06-2013, 11:49 AM

I understand your concern. I work at a game retailer also and none of the employees (other than me) know anything about it? I'm pushing hard to get the information out to let people know how great this game/show combo can be!

Weregarurumon
02-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Every time I bring it up, and begin to explain the show/game concept, everyone always thinks it sounds amazing. I think word of mouth will be a big push for this game.

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 01:38 PM
ofc there will be those sort of people, iv seen recently 2 or 3 have a completly wrong idea of the game spaming about how they find it disappointing it doesnt do x y z, when it clearly does.

tbh from everyone iv talked to vast majority are excited that its a true console mmo. and its tps based. so i dont think they will be disappointed.