PDA

View Full Version : Wow, this game is so broken :(

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I've been playing in ghost mode all this morning. My body is standing somewhere else getting killed by whomever but the me that is running around is somewhere entirely different on the map but because I can't see whom is killing me I die. Spend scrip die spend scrip die spend scrip repeat repeat. I even thought okay I'll change to some matchmaking maybe that is working... alas no, instead of playing with a team all I see are little green squares running around. I can see the read out display telling me that a battle is happening somewhere, so and so killed so and so with a grenade, so and so is getting hot (Whatever the hell that means) and so and so just sniped someone but because I'm once again on some ethereal plane of limbo I can't do anything, I can't join in and at the end when it gives the lobby leaderboard I'm at the bottom with zero kills zero deaths and zero enjoyment. This brings me to a theory that I'm sure I'm not the only one has. I'm guessing that part of the deal with the scyfy channel was that they (TRION) have this game out in stores by the April 2nd deadline come hell or highwater, which is two weeks before the show premieres. BUT the game wasn't ready in time, bugs, glitches, server issues, integration problems etc but regardless, Trion still had to meet their contractual obligations with the scyfy network. This is just a theory of course but I wonder if Trion have bitten off more then they can chew with Defiance. yes yes yes, I know, blah blah it's the 1st few days, Trion are all trying very hard... But with all due respect, So they should be. Consumer affairs says you need to deliver the goods you are promising. If Trion have failed to meet their promises that's not my problem or any of ours. If this game fails because of all the bugs and such I'd doubt we will see Trion attempt an MMO on consoles again for some time. This may also spell the end of any future collaborations with scyfy and other potential game makers if Trion burn their bridges and choke. What little of the game I have played so far, I love. I think it's fresh and exciting. I'm just hoping that through all the smoke and mirrors and promises of "we're trying really hard to fix this and it'll be okay soon" that Trion keep their end of the bargain and deliver :) I simply just want to play Defiance. Is that too much to ask :)

Bronson
04-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Relax, for as far as MMO launches go, this is one of the smoothest I have seen. I've been able to play for hours, only now the servers are in the UK/EU. MMO's always have bugs, glitches en problems at the start and Trion is developing for three platforms, not for one. So they've got three times more problems then normal MMO's and they are even doing better. Just wait a couple of days, let them sort it out and enjoy the game.

Buruko
04-04-2013, 08:38 AM
I've been playing in ghost mode all this morning. My body is standing somewhere else getting killed by whomever but the me that is running around is somewhere entirely different on the map and but because I can't see whom is killing me I die. spend scrip die spend scrip die spend scrip repeat repeat. I even thought okay I'll change to some matchmaking... but instead of playing with a team all I see are little green squares running around. I can see the read out display telling me that a battle is happening somewhere but because I'm once again on some ethereal plane of limbo I can't do anything. I'm guessing that part of the deal with scyfy was that they have the game out by April 2nd, two weeks before the show premieres. The game wasn't ready in time but regardless, Trion still had to meet their contractual obligations with the scyfy network. This is just a theory of course but I wonder if Trion have bitten off more then they can chew with Defiance. yes yes yes, I know, blah blah it's the 1st few days, Trion are all trying very hard... and so they should be. Consumer affairs says you need to deliver the goods you are promising. If this game fails because of all the bugs and such I'd doubt we will see Trion on consoles again for some time with mmo. This may also spell the end of any future collaborations with scyfy and potential game makers if Trion burn their bridges and choke. What little of the game I have played so far, I love. I think it's fresh and exciting. I'm just hoping that through all the smoke and mirrors and promises of "we're trying really hard to fix this and it'll be okay soon" that Trion keep their end of the bargain and deliver. :) I simply just want to play Defiance. Is that too much to ask :)

Reboot. Relog. Find a shard without an issue or this particular issue and it'll get better.

Also your connection plays apart make sure you check your router and that you have Open NAT set.

Trust me as a Beta Tester and Alpha player Trion is dedicated to fixing things and make it work. No smoke and mirrors there.

AddictedNoob
04-04-2013, 08:41 AM
You act like you are the only one in the world having difficulties with this game. I've been through the same thing you are talking about, just have one of your friends pick you up and have them kill the people around you. If you are too lazy for that then dashboard out and play a different game for awhile until they smooth out the rough patches.

sc9000
04-04-2013, 08:43 AM
I've been playing in ghost mode all this morning. My body is standing somewhere else getting killed by whomever but the me that is running around is somewhere entirely different on the map and but because I can't see whom is killing me I die. spend scrip die spend scrip die spend scrip repeat repeat. I even thought okay I'll change to some matchmaking... but instead of playing with a team all I see are little green squares running around. I can see the read out display telling me that a battle is happening somewhere but because I'm once again on some ethereal plane of limbo I can't do anything. I'm guessing that part of the deal with scyfy was that they have the game out by April 2nd, two weeks before the show premieres. The game wasn't ready in time but regardless, Trion still had to meet their contractual obligations with the scyfy network. This is just a theory of course but I wonder if Trion have bitten off more then they can chew with Defiance. yes yes yes, I know, blah blah it's the 1st few days, Trion are all trying very hard... and so they should be. Consumer affairs says you need to deliver the goods you are promising. If this game fails because of all the bugs and such I'd doubt we will see Trion on consoles again for some time with mmo. This may also spell the end of any future collaborations with scyfy and potential game makers if Trion burn their bridges and choke. What little of the game I have played so far, I love. I think it's fresh and exciting. I'm just hoping that through all the smoke and mirrors and promises of "we're trying really hard to fix this and it'll be okay soon" that Trion keep their end of the bargain and deliver. :) I simply just want to play Defiance. Is that too much to ask :)

http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/04/day-2-in-the-life-of-defiance-little-bit-of-humble-little-bit-of-cautious/

Read this xbox live gamers crashed there server is what happen , It only a server issue the game it self runs amazing , i played 20 hrs on tuesday on 2 server shutdowns for minor fixes. Right now just waiting i think on new main server that there installing.

Once they fix it we all will be back to having 300 people killing ark falls again. and the rest stuff will be so minor of a bug you wish you never posted this.

I just wish they would tell people at the start menu of the game whats going on.

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 08:47 AM
You act like you are the only one in the world having difficulties with this game. I've been through the same thing you are talking about, just have one of your friends pick you up and have them kill the people around you. If you are too lazy for that then dashboard out and play a different game for awhile until they smooth out the rough patches.
1stly my friend in no way did I say or imply that I'm acting like I am the only one having difficulties with this game. 2ndly What do you mean have a friend pick me up?? and where does being "lazy" enter the equation?? If you're going to write something that offers nothing of substance... don't.

Ae86
04-04-2013, 08:49 AM
I've been playing in ghost mode all this morning. My body is standing somewhere else getting killed by whomever but the me that is running around is somewhere entirely different on the map but because I can't see whom is killing me I die. Spend scrip die spend scrip die spend scrip repeat repeat. I even thought okay I'll change to some matchmaking maybe that is working... alas no, instead of playing with a team all I see are little green squares running around. I can see the read out display telling me that a battle is happening somewhere, so and so killed so and so with a grenade, so and so is getting hot (Whatever the hell that means) and so and so just sniped someone but because I'm once again on some ethereal plane of limbo I can't do anything, I can't join in and at the end when it gives the lobby leaderboard I'm at the bottom with zero kills zero deaths and zero enjoyment. This brings me to a theory that I'm sure I'm not the only one has. I'm guessing that part of the deal with the scyfy channel was that they (TRION) have this game out in stores by the April 2nd deadline come hell or highwater, which is two weeks before the show premieres. BUT the game wasn't ready in time, bugs, glitches, server issues, integration problems etc but regardless, Trion still had to meet their contractual obligations with the scyfy network. This is just a theory of course but I wonder if Trion have bitten off more then they can chew with Defiance. yes yes yes, I know, blah blah it's the 1st few days, Trion are all trying very hard... But with all due respect, So they should be. Consumer affairs says you need to deliver the goods you are promising. If Trion have failed to meet their promises that's not my problem or any of ours. If this game fails because of all the bugs and such I'd doubt we will see Trion attempt an MMO on consoles again for some time. This may also spell the end of any future collaborations with scyfy and other potential game makers if Trion burn their bridges and choke. What little of the game I have played so far, I love. I think it's fresh and exciting. I'm just hoping that through all the smoke and mirrors and promises of "we're trying really hard to fix this and it'll be okay soon" that Trion keep their end of the bargain and deliver :) I simply just want to play Defiance. Is that too much to ask :)

This may also help.

http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/927399-How-To-Write-A-Good-Paragraph

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/04/day-2-in-the-life-of-defiance-little-bit-of-humble-little-bit-of-cautious/

Read this xbox live gamers crashed there server is what happen , It only a server issue the game it self runs amazing , i played 20 hrs on tuesday on 2 server shutdowns for minor fixes. Right now just waiting i think on new main server that there installing.

Once they fix it we all will be back to having 300 people killing ark falls again. and the rest stuff will be so minor of a bug you wish you never posted this.

I just wish they would tell people at the start menu of the game whats going on.

Thanks for the link. I really am enjoying the game, lots. What little I have played is great. As for not wishing that I had posted this. Nah, I'm just expressing my opinion and theory's. I didn't say they were gospel which is why it's a theory. I've never played an MMo before, WOW or anything so I appreciate your info.

AddictedNoob
04-04-2013, 08:51 AM
1stly my friend in no way did I say or imply that I'm acting like I am the only one having difficulties with this game. 2ndly What do you mean have a friend pick me up?? and where does being "lazy" enter the equation?? If you're going to write thing that offer nothing of substance... don't.

If you can read properly (which obviously you can't) I was stating if you were too lazy to deal with the lag like most people are then you could dashboard out and play a different game or load up Defiance again which would reset your character position. "Picking up" means healing, that that was pretty self explanatory but apparently not.

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
If you can read properly (which obviously you can't) I was stating if you were too lazy to deal with the lag like most people are then you could dashboard out and play a different game or load up Defiance again which would reset your character position. "Picking up" means healing, that that was pretty self explanatory but apparently not.

When did you mention "LAG" in your post? How is "picking up" self explanatory?? and ment to let me know you are talking about "HEALING" and you still haven't answered my 1st question which was WHAT did I say which lead you to believe that I'm acting like I'm the only one having issues?? umm waiting for an answer?? If all you want to do is troll people's threads and speak crap, you need to grow up a little bit kid.

Hiero Glyph
04-04-2013, 09:02 AM

How do you actively deal with the lag, by resetting your modem, router, console, and/or game for hours until it works? I agree that the best option at this point is to play another game; Defiance has far too many issues currently.

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 09:09 AM
How do you actively deal with the lag, by resetting your modem, router, console, and/or game for hours until it works? I agree that the best option at this point is to play another game; Defiance has far too many issues currently.

Ha, yeah, dare I say it I may have to put Black Ops 2 back in the tray. :(

strfish
04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
Nope it is amazing.

Nerdy Ryuu
04-04-2013, 09:24 AM
The game is broken , I dont care about the lag problems . But mmore like having to restart a quest 10 times before it will work, falling off the map , cant switch guns,cant scroll down in the store,cant get auto aim to turn off, everytime I leave a co-player match my friends get put in different shards. MMO usually servers problems on the first day. And some quest bugs. But everything seems wrongs with this one.

Kupchuk
04-04-2013, 09:30 AM
lol no this is a terrible launch worst i have seen

Whiffmeister
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
lol no this is a terrible launch worst i have seen

Two words ... Sim City

dlCHIEF58
04-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Two words ... Sim City

Actually that should be one word. And I got another one - Diablo III.

stormbringer328
04-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm just loving the 'this is the smootest launch I have seen' crowd, in the same breath, say it's working fine for them. If it's working fine for you how can you tell us how wrong we are for feeling a little (more than for some?) let down thus far. After last nights server shutdown for 2 1/2 hrs, then once again being locked out a half hour later for more than an hour, you're telling us, Trion, there are still issues to be had currently? This was a rushed launch. I love what I have been able to play so far, but is that enough? I'm no quite sure yet. I'm holding in for now. But seriously, this 'it's normal/don't be upset/smooth launch' **** is getting really annoying. If it's working for you then great, but it means you don't understand how it's going for us that it isn't. I agree, we all need to be patient, but that doesn't mean that this wasn't all rushed. I don't feel that I was given the experience I was promised in adverts. That is where this source of contention comes from. We were shown all this cool **** we'd be doing but instead we're looking at start screens and critical error messages and *****ing with each other on the forum. Once it's working more smoothly (no perfect, mind you - I don't expect there to be 0 issues, it's the duration and frequency that's the problem) this game will be epic. Currently, with all these issues, I feel that as of this moment the TV side of things is doomed unless the Trion guys hit the code harder and save this.

AddictedNoob
04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
I usually just reset my router by unplugging it for a few minutes while I use the restroom or go get something to eat from the kitchen. Usually 90% solves most of the issues of lag.

cap
04-04-2013, 10:32 AM
go to the players name who started the mission and click on 'join phase'

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 10:35 AM
I usually just reset my router by unplugging it for a few minutes while I use the restroom or go get something to eat from the kitchen. Usually 90% solves most of the issues of lag.

Still waiting for your answer........... ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzZZZZzzzzz guess you don't have one.

Quebra Regra
04-04-2013, 10:39 AM
The OP is experiencing what I like to call "DEATH-LAG". This has been (and apparently continues to be) a serious issue. This issue has been identified by TRION, and documented to be a SERVER side issue. The problem is NOT host/client based, and cannot be remedied on the XBOX side.

It's particularly a problem with the loss of script with the inevitable extracts that follow. Further even quitting the game (XBOX home), does not protect against the script loss when you re-enter the game. Further, I have not seen where re-entering has cleared this. I'm not certain if TRION are running server virtualization, but that would be nice (at peak load, more virtual server instances could be immidiately created, etc.).

Let's assume they know what they are doing with their server management... I'd like to see TRION disable the script loss death penalty until they resolve these issues fully, or at least refund the script loss for the last 2 days.

Maybe it's time to "happy up" the customer?

AddictedNoob
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Still waiting for your answer........... ZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzZZZZzzzzz guess you don't have one.

Wow you're slow.

chadiwack
04-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Wow you're slow.
Little kid, until you answer the questions I don't want to waste my time with you. Say what you will. You're a waste of breath and effort. Obviously you choked on your answer because you don't have one to say. Next time you start talking crap on the forum for no reason and without even the slightest clue what you're talking about, just remember this is an adults only thread. Now go back to playing with your toys and leave this stuff to the real adults.