PDA

View Full Version : Will Trion implement a "Head Start" option?

Viciouz
02-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Will Trion implement a "Head Start" option?
Perhaps one week or so before official launch.

-Hoping to get an official statement.

Edit: 3 days would be a Saturday... that would be EPIC

Valethar
02-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Hmm.. Good question. Pre-orders for Rift got a few days early access.

Would certainly help reduce some congestion in the early zones on launch day.

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
I'd definitely be interested in this... but I haven't seen anything official as of yet.

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 01:46 PM
well they have announced the pre-order bonuses and im sure that info would of been with it. so probably not. would be nice tho

JustinD92
02-06-2013, 01:48 PM
It would have been nice I agree. I think they would have included it in the package.
well they have announced the pre-order bonuses and im sure that info would of been with it. so probably not. would be nice tho

Hope
02-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I'd like to know this too!

Aaricane
02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
I don't see why they would....

Muffinman
02-06-2013, 04:28 PM
It might not happen since you cant pick up a console game from the store before its release date. People will whine, and complain that PC players get to play before console.

lPATT
02-06-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't see why they would....

same here ... i mean what so bad about everyone starting together ? the head start you get is the experience you got from the beta or alpha and that should be all . why allow people to have super sniper and rocket for pvp when everyone else still use their starter weapon ... i just don't want head start =D

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
same here ... i mean what so bad about everyone starting together ? the head start you get is the experience you got from the beta or alpha and that should be all . why allow people to have super sniper and rocket for pvp when everyone else still use their starter weapon ... i just don't want head start =D

i think the main reason people want it, myself included. is impatience. i want it now so any reason to get it a couple of days earlier would be nice!

Gauldar
02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Getting a head start by a few days is always an incentive for myself to pre-order.

lPATT
02-06-2013, 05:44 PM
i think the main reason people want it, myself included. is impatience. i want it now so any reason to get it a couple of days earlier would be nice!

yes i do agree i am impatient . but i still do not want people having head start . if i could play the game earlier by few day i would BUT i want everyone else to be able too and not only a few hundred

rathb18
02-06-2013, 05:49 PM
It might not happen since you cant pick up a console game from the store before its release date. People will whine, and complain that PC players get to play before console.

Yea because consoles never get anything exclusive like early DLC's, maps and such. I say they should, consoles can whine all they want but we got the ability to have early releases since we have access to digital downloads.

Caios
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
It's not just that, there's logistical reasons why it might be beneficial to run a head start program. the head start allows a subset of your userbase to start moving through content early, which means when the floodgates of the official launch open a percentage of the players are not all crowding the same starting zones. Players get spread out more and earlier making the launch of the game easier to manage and generally smoother.

That doesn't mean that they will do it, however, they could just spend those last extra days fixing those last minute bugs instead. In the end it's entirely up to Trion how they want to handle their launch.

Zoo
02-06-2013, 06:45 PM
I'm down for that.

Kaoslion
02-06-2013, 07:06 PM
I think that is why they are running the Alpha and Beta's though. I would be shocked if there was a early start unless they use the Alpha as the early start with out deleting Characters. From what I have heard them say about alpha though there is so few people getting into the alpha that it isn't much of a early start at all maybe 1 shard worth of people.

Dead_Phoenix
02-07-2013, 01:14 AM
yes i do agree i am impatient . but i still do not want people having head start . if i could play the game earlier by few day i would BUT i want everyone else to be able too and not only a few hundred

oh yea i agree with you on that one. :)

Fiancee
02-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Depends on how they made server stuff this like, if its like in Rift, I really think they do. Also how many preorders they actually get, maybe they dont need after all playebase is splitted in 3, ps3, xbox, pc..

Laughter
02-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Would love a headstart.. my guess it leaning more towards yes.

Nev
02-07-2013, 06:32 AM
Trion did it with Rift. 3 day head start for all pre-orders it also shot their pre-order sales through the roof.

Golgo28
02-07-2013, 07:42 AM
considering that from what i heard the servers are segregated based on platform,a head start wouldn't make a huge difference.besides patience is a virtue,if your in the beta or alpha you already had a huge head start by knowing the best spots for sniping.fastest routes through the the area.

silent_rain
02-07-2013, 07:58 AM
A headstart would be nice, but would be even more beneficial is a 2 to 3 day grace period with the head start. A lot of People have ordered the game through sites such as Amazon and it will take a couple of days to come in. If pre orders get a couple days head start and a 2 day grace period it would allow people to play and continue playing even if their game comes in a day or two later.

IGears
02-07-2013, 12:19 PM
i would be for it if it was the same across the board. Head start for all platforms.

Aria
03-09-2013, 11:12 PM

There is nothing stopping people from pre ordering to get early access or "head start" if you prefer, there is no unfair advantage since anyone who wants to can order the game to gain this.

However this is all a mute point I believe, as the game is tied to a new show they are restricted to same launch day as the show.

A s0t
03-09-2013, 11:17 PM
yeah that's going on NOW

Fiancee
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
If you Defiance's server technology they dont need to do so. My guess is no. Theres no server list, if everything is full it just creates new server as far I know, so over-crowding isnt an issue. This is also awesome thing when game gets older and population start to go down rapidly. Also it means theres no launch week-month qeues.

Cyrox
03-10-2013, 04:15 AM

I honestly would want it because of flood of people at the start. Can't explore and enjoy quests so much because it gets done the second you go to the q area. Atleast that happened in GW2

Miss Kitty
03-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Cyrox u have a good point a head start would be good to reduce flooding plus to many ppl in one area can cause a crash/DC so a small head start would be a good thing

Thee Apothecary
03-10-2013, 04:34 AM
head starts can be useful to keep a community from bogging down one area permanently, but on the other hand it seperates community and may give groups advantages over others etc

duction
03-10-2013, 04:35 AM
lol just be patient, it comes out in little over 3 weeks.

Desidus
03-10-2013, 04:38 AM
Why do we need a headstart? I think Trion should just delay opening up the servers and make everyone start at the same time... SEE THE MADNESS BEGIN! BA HA HA HA HA HA!

Banefire
03-10-2013, 04:57 AM
I remember back when wow first released.... Soooo many people took forever for respawn times for starter quests. Curious how mission target respawns will work. I know they have the large area of influence for people who want to jump in an help out but since only four can party at a time... What if two seperate parties kill same target for same mission....

Cyrox
03-10-2013, 06:00 AM
I remember back when wow first released.... Soooo many people took forever for respawn times for starter quests. Curious how mission target respawns will work. I know they have the large area of influence for people who want to jump in an help out but since only four can party at a time... What if two seperate parties kill same target for same mission....

In this game you don't have to tag enemies, every quest is "shared" so you can work towards quest goal with everyone in the area. For example you have to clear out a camp you don't even have to do anything if others around you do it while you are next to them.

Banefire
03-10-2013, 06:13 AM
That would be outstanding. Nothing was more annoying then trying to accomplish a mission or task and people kept beating you too it.

Pasha
03-10-2013, 06:45 AM
Could be nice. But against common sense:

who else can launch the game on 1st second after server start but the person who purchased (pre-ordered) game before that second?

Ambic
03-10-2013, 06:57 AM
If everyone is fighting over arkfalls and stuff massively in the starting areas, it's going to make a lot of people mad and will probably lose players over this. Congestion is not good. Too high a population is bad and too low a population is bad. There has to be some midway. A headstart would definitely help ease that starting zone tension. Players can't really "learn" the game when they have to wait hours to complete a single mission.