PDA

View Full Version : Character roll back? WTF TRION WAY TO GO

Drakhan
04-04-2013, 09:06 AM
I was 128 ego last nite with 22 key code( I know thats not too much still ) and have got dropped to 60 with 1 key code. am I the only one who have got char roll back? WTF!

for anyone says its not alot just lvl up, its not about putting more time into it, its about principle, this is not suppose to happen at all

djin
04-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Look on the bright side, you got more play time out of it :)

Firang
04-04-2013, 09:41 AM
I also had this roll back. I had made some great progress last night, and now it's GONE? that is unacceptable. this isn't some game where you have a corrupted save, and have to revert to a previous checkpoint. this is an MMO. the world is meant to be constant, always moving forward, with or without you. we should NOT be moving backwards.

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Apparently the North American servers were down for quite a while earlier, and when they came back there had been rollbacks. A lot of North American players were affected on all consoles.

EllmansWorld
04-04-2013, 09:46 AM
I was 128 ego last nite with 22 key code( I know thats not too much still ) and have got dropped to 60 with 1 key code. am I the only one who have got char roll back? WTF!

for anyone says its not alot just lvl up, its not about putting more time into it, its about principle, this is not suppose to happen at all

See it like this, you were only 128. (takes about 3-5 hrs to reach 128) + as everyone is saying u got more play time :D

Ngamok
Was someone duping or something to cause the rollback?

Strontium Dog
No sign of this on EU servers :/

djin
04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
It honestly shouldn't take too too long to go up in EGO. Just keep working on the pursuits and you'll reach where you need to be soon enough.

Tribeca76
04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
This is the issue of late last night. About 75-90% of the player base lost connection and could not log back on. A lucky few of us got to keep playing on a broken server. So while we played for about 2-3 hours and others could not. Trion was busy trying to fix the servers while the version of the game we where playing became an old version of the game. They could not do a retroactive fix for this old version to be in line with the updated version so they had to roll us back. The roll back only affected a handful of players while tons did not get rolled back.

Keep this in mind. You got to play for hours while others could not. So you all lost hours of game time be it in game or not.

btw I got rolled back myself.

djin
04-04-2013, 10:09 AM
I got rolled back as well, but it's nothing to worry about for me that is. It's only been two days. I was expecting some serious problems like not being able to log in for a day or more or something like that. Of course I'm not expecting everything to run smoothly on launch week.

Freyar
04-04-2013, 10:16 AM
Considering I have boosts running, a rollback isn't exactly a fair deal when having something I paid money for expire.

seros
04-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Considering I have boosts running, a rollback isn't exactly a fair deal when having something I paid money for expire.

I would hope they would rollback as well..

Arsenic_Touch
04-04-2013, 10:21 AM
This is the issue of late last night. About 75-90% of the player base lost connection and could not log back on. A lucky few of us got to keep playing on a broken server. So while we played for about 2-3 hours and others could not. Trion was busy trying to fix the servers while the version of the game we where playing became an old version of the game. They could not do a retroactive fix for this old version to be in line with the updated version so they had to roll us back. The roll back only affected a handful of players while tons did not get rolled back.

Keep this in mind. You got to play for hours while others could not. So you all lost hours of game time be it in game or not.

btw I got rolled back myself.

Was booted with everyone else and I still rolled back two quest lines.

Cynfall
04-04-2013, 10:38 AM
A lot of people are shrugging off the whole rollback issue. However, I have noticed that there aren't all that many posts about it. As a matter of fact, my friends and I at first thought we were the only ones affected. My BF was able to get into his game completely and see that we lost all of our hours of progress last night. I am more of a casual player because of my children, so this is a BIG issue to me. On the other hand, I couldn't get my character logged in at all this morning. Connection to Server timed out.

Yes, every game has bugs and issues of sorts. However, the majority I have played are VERY good at telling you what is going on and why. When you attempt to send in a ticket you get a fairly timely response, even if it is half assed and auto-generated. They aren't responding here at Trionn, to ANY of the tickets as far as I have read. Not for connection issues, downloading issues, rollback issues... Nothing. I've never played a game that I enjoy and want my money back on at the same time. I'd give up the enjoyment that creates a migraine for the money I spent. Because when you spend that kind of money, you expect the company to back up their product, give support, and be available.

They should have delayed release. That would have been the ethical route to good business and happy gaming.

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
However, I have noticed that there aren't all that many posts about it.

You obviously weren't around when the servers came back up.

Also, I'm very glad they didn't delay the release because for some of us, it has been working fine. You could always choose not to play for a few weeks if you feel like this is a waste of time, since that'd have the same result.

Here's some info about what they've been working on recently:

Day 1 (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/03/the-day-of-defiance-is-here-what-beautiful-baby-of-ours-it-is/)

Day 2 (http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/04/day-2-in-the-life-of-defiance-little-bit-of-humble-little-bit-of-cautious/)

Snowgoon
04-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Just logged in and saw this... There goes my 3 hours of play last night and the Tier 4 box I picked up that gave me a VOT weapon. Christ...

discosoc
04-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Ugh, I was dropped from around 450 to 375...

Aspect
04-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Ah nothing like 1st world problems to put things into perspective. If time was really such a valuable commodity no one would spend it parked on their rear playing video games.

So much drama.

Ghost Dog says relax, take a walk, cut back on the caffeine.

Vyth
04-04-2013, 10:58 AM
why are we still having "defiance service not available" issues? was right in the middle of playing and BOOM kicked. now 16 in queue and estimated wait of 4 hours... really?

TwiTcHeD
04-04-2013, 11:00 AM
i thought maybe i had just logged out wrong or something when i got on this morning and i was lower EGO than before. not to big of a deal, was only an hour or so i lost. could be worst, like how most mmo's are full of lag and constant crashes at launch.

XanPrime
04-04-2013, 11:05 AM
So roughly what hours of gameplay last night were affected by the rollback?

xXVoodooXx
04-04-2013, 11:16 AM
NOT A HAPPY CAMPER HERE! Kinda pissed off right now. I lost a lot of game play! I think what pisses me off the most is that i spent a lot of time modding a weapon and I also bought a few lock boxes that had some pretty good weapons in them. ALLLLL LOST! What can be done to prevent this in the future? I dont want to log off and then back in every 30 mins just to save my progress (if thats how it works)!!!

OMGr8573
04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
When I logged in today I was the same as I was last night. No rollback here, unless it happened within the last couple hours.

brotard
04-04-2013, 06:56 PM
I got rolled back, logged out, then when I relogged my level was almost back to where it was when I stopped playing last night but I didn't have any of my items that I had acquired after a certain time, or any of the quests done. I don't get why my level changed just from logging in/out, but I'm basically back where I was last night now.

misjuff
04-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Roll Backs happen its just how it is. I played Rift allot and when it came out beta to live there was same problems. They fixed it fast and really over all and playing you get it back so quick later down the road it will be a distant silly memory of trifled start. :D