PDA

View Full Version : Some noobish questions while we wait.

brokenshield
01-05-2015, 03:59 AM
Playing for awhile but some things still have me puzzled, so while we wait for the spam sweepers...

What exactly is an Ark level Grid? By the time I actually paid any attention to this pursuit it was at 124 of 250. Since then it has jumped to 130. I am now trying all different sorts of falls to see what exactly I need to be looking for. So far no joy.

Another minor thing that has puzzled me for awhile is the small blue dot in the chevron above in game characters. Can't seem to find any connection to anything in particular with this.

brokenshield
01-05-2015, 04:10 AM
Took this all of 9 miutes to get pushed back to page 3. So fail on my part.

stefb42
01-05-2015, 04:41 AM
Ark enemies appear at higher threat levels, basically as threat levels increase enemies become tougher and start obtaining prefixes like 'Formidable' and 'ark', ark is the highest enemy tier so require a high threat level to spawn, I believe they might start spawning at threat level 8 or 9

Ok the little blue dot, well yours is blue, that's because you have either a bio or electric weapon equipped(depending on the shade of blue) go ahead and equip a fire weapon and it will be red, syphon purple etc, so the dot above other players chevron shows which nano they have equipped

brokenshield
01-05-2015, 05:09 AM
That's what I figured with the Ark level. Guess everyones been too busy chasing SS to have enough ego show up at these minor events to raise it high enough.

As for the dot, wow, so simple, but I was at a complete loss.

Thanks for the info.

konstantinov
01-05-2015, 11:01 AM
Have to be TL 9 or higher to get ARK grid

Ryker Vorton
01-05-2015, 08:42 PM
After the event is gone and things return to normal, usually the best place to find ark level grid is on the minor arkbreaks (Gulanee ones) that's where i hunt them down. Another good and easy spot to find them is at the entrance of Iron Demon Ranch (the emergency on the road just ahead)

Atticus Batman
01-05-2015, 09:09 PM
After the event is gone and things return to normal, usually the best place to find ark level grid is on the minor arkbreaks (Gulanee ones) that's where i hunt them down. Another good and easy spot to find them is at the entrance of Iron Demon Ranch (the emergency on the road just ahead)

Easiest way to fight Ark level grid, is to replay some of the aftermath missions (such as Until the Arks Rise) through matchmaking, on expert difficulty. If you aren't high enough ego to do so, then get a 5k to take you in to those co-ops.

Tura Satana
01-05-2015, 11:47 PM
Speaking of that particular pursuit. I seem to be stuck at 21/25 for completing gulanee ark falls. I didn't start paying attention to it till the other day though and I know that since then, every one i've done - I've called myself - but also managed to get disconnected upon entering, requiring me to restart, then go in and do it.

Could this be why they haven't been counting? Do I have to do the outside AND the inside without being d/c in between? If so, that sucks, cuz I could of finished this ages ago.

Atticus Batman
01-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Speaking of that particular pursuit. I seem to be stuck at 21/25 for completing gulanee ark falls. I didn't start paying attention to it till the other day though and I know that since then, every one i've done - I've called myself - but also managed to get disconnected upon entering, requiring me to restart, then go in and do it.

Could this be why they haven't been counting? Do I have to do the outside AND the inside without being d/c in between? If so, that sucks, cuz I could of finished this ages ago.

If you mean the pursuit: Grid Master III, then the problem is that you are doing the WRONG arkfalls. It is not for the Gulanee arkbreaks. It is for the Grid arkfalls. The only grid arkfalls are minor arkfalls, called "Control Grid" and they only appear in Silicon Valley. Do the grid arkfalls for the pursuit, instead of doing arkbreaks. Arkbreaks are DLC events and the ones you enter. So they will not tie those to a non-dlc pursuit.

Tura Satana
01-06-2015, 07:01 AM
If you mean the pursuit: Grid Master III, then the problem is that you are doing the WRONG arkfalls. It is not for the Gulanee arkbreaks. It is for the Grid arkfalls. The only grid arkfalls are minor arkfalls, called "Control Grid" and they only appear in Silicon Valley. Do the grid arkfalls for the pursuit, instead of doing arkbreaks. Arkbreaks are DLC events and the ones you enter. So they will not tie those to a non-dlc pursuit.

You're right. Why the hell did I think it was a gulanee?

Atticus Batman
01-07-2015, 03:21 AM
You're right. Why the hell did I think it was a gulanee?

Actually, I think lots of us made that mistake originally, Myself included.