PDA

View Full Version : The best pvp weapon so far

Galdoblame
04-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Hello everyone,i'm new to the forum and to defiance in general. i played alot in the recent few days,and i wonder if my analyse is fair enough. I do want your opinion on ''what is the best pvp weapon,and why?''

so far,i came up with those weapon as prolly the best one

-rocket launcher that split in 4 (op when you aim correctly(make it detonate directly on top of the enemy head,100% kill)..the only con is that it's useless on short range. Really.Really.Useless...oh,and it'S take some skill.)
-shotgun (burst,rapid fire with alot of magazine,grenade launcher-like,saw off...they all great.)
-grenade launcher ( no need to explain.)
-infester gun (i only had the one with the bug,but i think it's conterpart is stronger.Hell,auto aim and can go through some cover.Ok range and good burst.Simply awesome)
-spanner(low damage,but hell,totaly auto aim. mine seem bugged tho and do not drain life and armor as it should,but if it could..oh damn. Oh,and it auto lock on any enemy in front of you,cloaked or not.)

and the best pvp skill

-cloak (so.many.cloaker. saw off shotgun from behind,or hs from the back AND above you. insta kill)
-blur( THAT what i call a annoying bunny. put it with a spanner, grenade launcher or shootgun and your done....+ melee ignore shield..that's a 2 hit kill)
-overcharge (best all around i think..extra damage always usefull)
-decoy (less usefull UNLESS you really know what your doing and your the tricky type. i already caught off guard a cloaked dude cause he aimed my decoy...i naded he's face :D

i didn't include rifle,because i think that infestor are superior to them in every way in pvp.

btw...if you see major mistake,please,tell it to me. i want to improve my english the most i can :D ( my main language is french)

Chaddington
04-04-2013, 02:16 PM
You will be happy to know that our stats don't disagree with you and we are at this very moment doing balancing changes to tune the more Overpowered weapons.

No for sure date as to when these changes will be brought onto live but they are a high priority.

Thanks,

Chaddington

Bluntski
04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Whatever you do you need to nerf the Legedaries that give 10% reduction on Ego powers cooldown. I have a shawed-off legendary that can recharge my ego in 5-6s.

Dixa
04-04-2013, 04:39 PM
not sure hwat you could possibly do to infectors on the pvp side that wouldnt make them completely useless in pve.

Reza
04-04-2013, 04:44 PM
You will be happy to know that our stats don't disagree with you and we are at this very moment doing balancing changes to tune the more Overpowered weapons.

No for sure date as to when these changes will be brought onto live but they are a high priority.

Thanks,

Chaddington

Why not balance the underpowered weapons? Feeling powerful in a video game is a good thing isn't it?

Vertis
04-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I think they are trying to lower the TTK. Therefore bringing down stronger weapons down a notch. Buffing the weaker weapons to be as strong as the strongest ones will just make it so everyone just dies way too fast.

Letho
04-04-2013, 06:38 PM
I've got 2 main setups for pvp :

1- 3 burst assault rifle = for long range & pump action shotgun = 3 to 2 shot to kill and has 9 bullets capacity.

2- infester = for jumping and shooting & 242x12 sawed off shotgun

Contact me through xbox life at : Chief Rafa / in-game name : Letho
to pvp along with the killing machine .. meh :DD !!

Slay
04-04-2013, 06:50 PM
Why not balance the underpowered weapons? Feeling powerful in a video game is a good thing isn't it?

Because then all the weapons would be the same dps and that would be lead to no one having to search for better weapons, having the edge, etc.

Lyme047
04-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Pff there's no PvP in this game. It's hide until Cloak is off cooldown and sawed-off someone in the back. At least that's my experience from a few hours of both competitive and shadow war.

Edit: I'm really hoping this will change when the FotM kids leave the game.

Letho
04-04-2013, 07:18 PM
i know right, i really hate those people who only sticks with their shotguns and never switch at all.. but still, learing how to beat their arse is fun xD

Aidan415
04-04-2013, 07:39 PM
Called Cloak shotgunning in the beta but everyone was too busy whining about the Cluster rocket launcher, all weapons are inevitability going to be nerfed until fights last 10 minutes each as there will always be a replacement for what's best to use.

pax52
04-05-2013, 08:37 AM
Long range I love the rifle but if anyone appears close dam rights I'm going to stealth and get behind ya to shoot with my shotgun. Cloak is not very long and has almost a minute cool down.

Galdoblame
04-05-2013, 08:54 AM

Thanks,

Chaddington

Yah ! i'm not that bad at analysing a game ;) :D

btw,anyone have a counter to cloak? decoy isn't effective,since i can't use it often,and when your dead,your ego power isn't recharging

Cynical Jester
04-05-2013, 09:08 AM
i know right, i really hate those people who only sticks with their shotguns and never switch at all.. but still, learing how to beat their arse is fun xD

I use two shotguns :X.. Pump action and a sawed off... I have a combat one I throw into the mix some times too.... I just recently found a decent AR so I take it instead of sawed off at times...

My other build is an AR/Rocket launcher build... Only used for PvE

Soz.. Cloak is to good to pass up. (I tried.. I really did.. I did all 4 builds with varying perks)

I did have the thought though... Maybe cloak + shotguns is my style.. I've always been a shorter range player.. like to get up close or sneak up on teams (in any game.. with or without cloak)...

Keyh
04-05-2013, 10:04 AM

btw,anyone have a counter to cloak? decoy isn't effective,since i can't use it often,and when your dead,your ego power isn't recharging

I get twitchy if I know there's a cloaker on the other team. Roll as a response to any hits or nearby gunshots until you can find out where they come from. Other than that, grenades that leave hazard areas are nice to throw around and block off points.

Also, staying with teammates help as long as they're aware of what's going on.

Reza
04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Because then all the weapons would be the same dps and that would be lead to no one having to search for better weapons, having the edge, etc.

Do you even read the posts? What don't you understand? Everyone of my posts you've replied to on these forums clearly indicate you are lacking comprehension of the concept at hand.

The end result is the same if they nerf (or "balance") all the strong weapons as Chad indicated, and as you replied "then all the weapons would be the same dps and that would be lead to no one having to search for better weapons".

While in this instance players will also feel weaker in PvE and PvP. As opposed to my suggestion which would lead to more variety in weapon choices and a continuity of presumed power.

Nerf overpowered weapons, nerf loot drops, increase item shop prices across the board. This has negative consequences on the player's experience and changes should be made that correct the issues at hand without doing this as a side effect.

Maelfactor
04-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Pff there's no PvP in this game. It's hide until Cloak is off cooldown and sawed-off someone in the back. At least that's my experience from a few hours of both competitive and shadow war.

Edit: I'm really hoping this will change when the FotM kids leave the game.

Yeah, its great ain't it?

DC Zero
04-05-2013, 10:38 AM

I still find decoy to be the most effective. Not to pull them out of cloak but to survive their initial burst. I love the 15% damage reduction from the rear and the 250 extra hp. I'm also working on the dmg reduction perk from the middle of the grid. I find if I can survive the initial shot from behind, roll out, and make them miss a few shots, I can kill them or my teammates will. Most of them are built straight glass cannon and melt like butter.

And a Rhino shield helps.

Vice
04-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm really liking my Infector in PvP. The flip side to that coin though i think is there needs to be a way to stop the infection if you kill the person who infected you. I've gotten so many afterlife kills from an engagement that i run in, empty a clip and get swatted by a shotgun, then like 6-10 seconds later i get credit for a kill.

Jigglypuffs
04-05-2013, 02:48 PM
I'm really liking my Infector in PvP. The flip side to that coin though i think is there needs to be a way to stop the infection if you kill the person who infected you. I've gotten so many afterlife kills from an engagement that i run in, empty a clip and get swatted by a shotgun, then like 6-10 seconds later i get credit for a kill.

Its called BMGS...I roll with one. People underestimate healing in PvP.

Also, I love my infector. My canker has bug damage of like 174 and says "Damage increases over time" Havn't found another like it for like 300 ego lvls. Anyone know what the stats on infectors do besides fire rate, and lock on range, and clip size?

Must have pvp perks are "50% dmg reduction after shield breaks" and "45% speed boost when shield breaks" makes it impossible to gank u when ur running away healing.

Escalith
04-05-2013, 02:57 PM
not sure hwat you could possibly do to infectors on the pvp side that wouldnt make them completely useless in pve.

They already are fairly useless in PvE. :p

thejx4
04-05-2013, 03:55 PM

Thanks,

Chaddington

I'll be surprised to see a single AR get nerfed. Should be mostly a shotgun/cloak/blur update. Buff sniper rifles too.

jim
04-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Whatever you do you need to nerf the Legedaries that give 10% reduction on Ego powers cooldown. I have a shawed-off legendary that can recharge my ego in 5-6s.

Those do not work in pvp on on pve. I tried it in pvp with 10% ego power reduction on reload it has no effect at all. But you are right those gun in pve will recharage your power in 8 seconds

Sgt Slithe
04-16-2013, 12:28 AM

Thanks,

Chaddington

To be honest I think you are barking up the wrong tree! It's not the weapons that need adjusting (a sawn-off shotty in the back from 5 feet should kill anything), it's the EGO powers that need to be looked at - in particular the CLOAK.
People can cloak for most of the entire match with the right cooldowns and move at any speed, which is where the problem is IMO. The cloak should run-out faster the faster you move - that would be a better balance, and would probably be easier to patch!

A shotgun is a powerful close range weapon, so don't change it - change the CLOAK and you will find people looking for alternative ways to play the game rather than running round the map invisible and getting easy kills!

riahc
04-16-2013, 12:50 AM
Yeah nerfing shotguns would not be a good idea in my opinion, at least not most of them. The problem with shotguns is they are so strong when paired with cloak which essentially eliminates their weakness, and even building to counter cloak you rely on a lot of luck. Low TTK isn't inherently a bad thing but when the fastest TTK in the game is also the easiest thing to pull off it's not a good thing, someone getting a headshot with a sniper or smartly flanking you with a close range weapon can be frustrating but you generally only die to that if it's a really good player doing it or you have terrible self awareness, instead of dying because you threw your AoE field grenade in the wrong spot or used your decoy at the wrong time when you honestly have no way of knowing when the right or wrong time to use them is.

Another thing (on consoles) that makes shotguns so good is the fact that they are so easily aimed as this game doesn't seem to have any form of auto-aim in PvP like most console shooters do, not the horrible CoD style snap aiming thing mind you, just a mild magnetism thing would make weapons that require finer aim much more viable since in a game like this where people have good mobility it can be near impossible to draw a good bead on people using a controller, and shotguns and other hipfire weapons generally don't have to worry about that.

Isabel Reams
04-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Honestly my fav weapon would be the purple FRC SAW works wonders in PvP

Psykosis
04-17-2013, 02:12 PM
some of the best skills well in pvp TDM not including shadow war, is OverCharge, at max lvl its a 30% damage increase, used with the right kinda weapon it can be devestating to use.
Now that being said, my TDM 6v6 or 8v8 pvp set up as follows:
Weapon: Shotgun:ClusterShot increased damage mod
Toxic Mag mod
Hip sight mod
Recoil reduction mod

GroundPounder: Increased mag +2
Increase hip and aim damage Barrel

Ego powers: OverCharge max lvl
ThickSkinned Maxed
OverLoad Maxed
Degenerate (after making a kill u take 12% less damage for 3 secs)
Overpower After making an explosive kill have a percentage of recharging ur grenade maxed

Those are just some examples: Another would be deflection once ur shields fully recharge after 3 secs u reflect damage on percentage pending on its lvl
You can mix this with another perk and will up shield regen so it would happen more often and at a faster rate

Demios the 1st
04-19-2013, 09:13 AM
I roll a slug rocket and a pump fragger. I find slowing the whole area is better then one person. Especially when cloked sluge then clean up with fragger

Add me demios the 1st

Hottage
04-19-2013, 10:48 AM
Shotguns of course!

MosesOfWar
04-19-2013, 11:11 AM
I'll be surprised to see a single AR get nerfed. Should be mostly a shotgun/cloak/blur update. Buff sniper rifles too.

Snipers don't need to be buffed. Correct perk setup = 1 shot kill, even with full shields, non-Headshot.

greatdividers
04-19-2013, 11:25 AM
maybe not the best gun, but i <3 my courier

Stryfe
04-19-2013, 12:17 PM
PvP is always about adaption.

If it isn't cloak and or shotguns, it's something else.

The best weapon so far? On PC at least, it's obvious: Shotgun. Every. Single. Match.

Every single match shotguns in various incarnations are the primary weapon used, bar none. Nothing even comes close. You can't argue with this. Go play some quick matches, tell me the versatility of the player builds, because there is very little. Shotgun to your face 24/7! Even non-cloak users use the shotgun, because it is such an easy and effective weapon.

People can theorize all they want, but the players have spoken.

Some day, and soon maybe, people will realize there are more weapons than just shotguns to viably PvP with. They just take... a bit more effort? Maybe then, Defiance PvP on the PC can be a bit more engaging...

Stryfe
04-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Really though, any weapon that has a large spread, damage radius, and doesn't require aiming or anything other than quick reflex are best for PvP.

This means shotguns, cluster shots, detonators and rocket launchers, which is why you see these as the primary weapons in PvP matches.

Escalith
04-19-2013, 12:43 PM
My personal favorite weapons are Assault Rifles (222'ish) - TACC Rifles (379'ish) and Pump Shotguns.

The TACC is pretty powerful if you can line your shots well enough, at medium ranges you can kill with 2-3 bursts, 2 if you land a headshot. The Basic AR works fine in general, it's easier to hit but at a huge dent in damage.

Shotguns, obviously, cause popping overcharge and two-shotting people is fun.

Dwane
04-19-2013, 03:31 PM
waterfront/obs - shotgun. In shadow wars im toping with vot bolter sniper rifle.

Soapi
04-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Snipers don't need to be buffed. Correct perk setup = 1 shot kill, even with full shields, non-Headshot.

Only if you meet a very very very specific set of conditions, like for example. You must have height damage, crouch damage, shoot in the back damage and be cloaked damage in order to get a 1 shot body kill. And even then, its only a shot if the person you are shooting is using the 1100 hp shield without any damage reducing perks or increased health.

BaiorOfRed
04-20-2013, 07:50 AM
From a Shadow War perspective (most gun diversity of all PVP), this is what I observe.

Guns

Ridiculously common

Pump shotguns
Detonators
Swarm Launcher
Clustershots

Moderately common

FRC Saw
Votan Mazu Assault Rifle
Bolt action sniper rifles
Other assault rifles
Sawed off shotguns
Infectors
BMGs
Other RLs

Rare

Combat shotguns
Pistols

Ego powers

1.) Cloak
2.) Overcharge (probably 1 of these for every 5 cloakers)
3.) Blur (probably 1 of these for every 5 overcharge)
4.) Decoy (very rare, but I do see it at least once each match)

My set up: FRC Heavy Assault Carbine/Bezerker combat shotgun/Blur
What I die to: 90% pump shotgun/cloak, rest is a spattering of detonators, clustershots, and LMG fire

Most commonly encountered strategy:
Zooming in and out with their quad trying to get hits. If they get one, they roll off and try to finish with pump shotgun or roll off and cloak, then finish.

My counter:
Pop rush and run like hell. My only hope is that their ego power runs down during the chase and that I can get out of range quickly. IF I can get out of range and IF they chase me I can win the engagement. Cloak/pumpers usually will switch to their longer range secondary to try and finish me off (normally an AR or a sniper rifle). Even from half health I can turn and kill them from full health and shields because their targeting skill is usually poor. This works about 1/3 of the time.

My issues:
Pump shotguns - These need tweaked somehow. As is they are just too potent compared to other short range guns.
Cloak - With EGO recharge abilities and the difficulty of knocking someone out of cloak, its just too much. I amazed at how hard it is to knock someone out of cloak while they are bunny hopping.
Bunny hopping - No need to rehash
Blur - Blur is a great power, but I hate that it completely blinds you especially while strafing. The bright graphical effect is obnoxious.

Stryfe
04-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Bunny hopping is a derp tactic. It is easily countered by pausing for a moment to aim down scope. I can kill most bunny hoppers with 1 to 3 shots of my quick-fire pump VBI. It renders you vulnerable to any other hostiles around you of course, but it makes their idiotic tactic work to your advantage: instead of you moving while trying to hit a vertical up-and-down target in motion, they are the one jumping (usually in fairly straight lines), thus it is harder for them to hit you, but you've removed half of the movement, so it becomes easier for you to hit them. Until you've gotten some practice in, I feel like explaining it with words doesn't due it justice.

And I don't speak out of theories. I speak as an expert bunny-slayer.

The queen of England even knighted me for it. She said, "lol newbs!" True story :D

fang1192
04-23-2013, 12:38 PM
Bunny hopping is a derp tactic. It is easily countered by pausing for a moment to aim down scope. I can kill most bunny hoppers with 1 to 3 shots of my quick-fire pump VBI. It renders you vulnerable to any other hostiles around you of course, but it makes their idiotic tactic work to your advantage: instead of you moving while trying to hit a vertical up-and-down target in motion, they are the one jumping (usually in fairly straight lines), thus it is harder for them to hit you, but you've removed half of the movement, so it becomes easier for you to hit them. Until you've gotten some practice in, I feel like explaining it with words doesn't due it justice.

You see, normally, i would agree with you. But the bunnyhopping morons in this game are using infectors, rocket launchers, detonators or shotguns. NONE of those suffer from bunny hopping. And if you are using an LMG, AR, or SR you have to ADS and slow down, making yourself an even easier target to hit. That's ridiculous.

I also like how you are relying on a shotgun to hit them, you know the gun that shoots a wall of lead at people.

greatdividers
04-23-2013, 12:41 PM
You see, normally, i would agree with you. But the bunnyhopping morons in this game are using infectors, rocket launchers, detonators or shotguns. NONE of those suffer from bunny hopping. And if you are using an LMG, AR, or SR you have to ADS and slow down, making yourself an even easier target to hit. That's ridiculous.

I also like how you are relying on a shotgun to hit them, you know the gun that shoots a wall of lead at people.

and you've officially complained about half of pvp combat. anything else you find OP? breathing, walking, dieing?

fang1192
04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
and you've officially complained about half of pvp combat. anything else you find OP? breathing, walking, dieing?

I'm so sorry i called out your crutches.

OhNos
05-04-2013, 10:03 AM
I think shotguns arent that godly in pvp on their own. Mostly it is cloak + shotty.
Nerf cloak and shotties wont be so strong.
Best way to nerf cloak IMO is to make cloaked person partially visible at some range to the opponent, while in PvE cloaked person remains invisible so it will be still usefull against mobs.

Gojira
05-04-2013, 10:47 AM
even with cloak and shotguns you need a skill to do something valuable with those...

for me, infectors owning pvp, you dont need a skill to aim, its autoaim, and when you are covered with this ****, you can aim properly to the attacker. so not only it shoots exactly where you want, but keep you victim covered with goo and he/she is not able to hit you as she normally do. that not all, bugs will attack everyone in they range, so infector user may hide, and it has nice range...

its imo overpowered for PvP... a lot of people is playing with it now, and guess what, i have seen few of them, now in top in kills, earlier ? at the bottom... for using this gun you dont need skill. and thats sad.

XxKarmaxX
05-04-2013, 01:55 PM
PvP is a joke, I didn't realize shotguns were the only weapons in the entire game? oh yes i forget, it isn't, there's Rockets, and the "awesome" auto aiming infects too. No one can say they are good at PvP in defiance if you run any of these combos. Once again, it's the players to blame, not the company.

BadMoFoJay
05-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Favorite combo fully blue modded FRC heavy assault cabine with the three burst mod (green mod that should be blue) does 468 damage x3. With a VBI guided rocket launcher with three blue mods. Takes care of vehicles real nice, especially with the 45% damage to vehicles perk. EGO power doesn't matter cause my weapons own.

II_Chingy_II_x
05-06-2013, 02:45 AM
even with cloak and shotguns you need a skill to do something valuable with those...

for me, infectors owning pvp, you dont need a skill to aim, its autoaim, and when you are covered with this ****, you can aim properly to the attacker. so not only it shoots exactly where you want, but keep you victim covered with goo and he/she is not able to hit you as she normally do. that not all, bugs will attack everyone in they range, so infector user may hide, and it has nice range...

its imo overpowered for PvP... a lot of people is playing with it now, and guess what, i have seen few of them, now in top in kills, earlier ? at the bottom... for using this gun you dont need skill. and thats sad.

This, Infector is so annoying...

Jorge Peacewalker
05-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Infectors are F-ing ridiculous in PvP, they are SO overpowered. I just played Shadow War and this dude with an infector shot me with like no more than a few rounds and that was it, game over. Seriously, I'm there using as much skill as I can muster with weapons that you actually have to AIM and those guys just stick invisibility on and destroy you with an auto-aiming monstrosity. Nerf them for PvP, please. Before I have a god damn aneurysm.

greatdividers
05-08-2013, 08:40 AM
Infectors are F-ing ridiculous in PvP, they are SO overpowered. I just played Shadow War and this dude with an infector shot me with like no more than a few rounds and that was it, game over. Seriously, I'm there using as much skill as I can muster with weapons that you actually have to AIM and those guys just stick invisibility on and destroy you with an auto-aiming monstrosity. Nerf them for PvP, please. Before I have a god damn aneurysm.

you really should learn how they work before making posts like this. an infector won't kill without at least 20rounds into someome if they're full health.

Jorge Peacewalker
05-09-2013, 01:08 AM
you really should learn how they work before making posts like this. an infector won't kill without at least 20rounds into someome if they're full health.

I know exactly how they work and I think my description was pretty much bang on. Are you denying that infectors are overpowered?

Note: I just browsed your recent forum posts; it seems that all you do is complain and reprimand other players for anything and everything, haven't you got anything better to do other than spread discord amongst the Defiance community?

Eihder
05-09-2013, 01:22 AM
Actually he is right about infectors, mostly the immunizer tho. Slap on a reload mod causes it to go full auto, 40m range, damage from dots is ok but those bugs hit for about 700 each and spawn on every hit after the 5th. There is a post with a list of current bugs on them none of wich have been fixed. Instead they decide to nerf stuff like the flare gun.. cant have variety can we? Now lets keep nerfing everything except the most used weapons trion.. yay. /sarcasm

Jorge Peacewalker
05-09-2013, 01:31 AM
Actually he is right about infectors, mostly the immunizer tho. Slap on a reload mod causes it to go full auto, 40m range, damage from dots is ok but those bugs hit for about 700 each and spawn on every hit after the 5th. There is a post with a list of current bugs on them none of wich have been fixed. Instead they decide to nerf stuff like the flare gun.. cant have variety can we? Now lets keep nerfing everything except the most used weapons trion.. yay. /sarcasm

I wasn't denying the validity of his point, 20 rounds with a fast-firing auto-aiming weapon is a few rounds in my book. My point still stands: infectors are undeniably overpowered.

B_Draco
05-09-2013, 03:13 AM

Thanks,

Chaddington

The only nerf I want is infector auto-homing aim be switched to manual aim. I think HALO had a needler that had to be aimed manually, I loved sticking needles to enemies with a good *BOOM* afterwards. As for Defiance infectors in PvP, easiest auto-aim fast kill weapon that is really annoying... Hell, Freight Yard got disabled -again- yesterday because supposedly a lot of people were spamming infectors... Thus causing people to freeze out of a lot of the time in Freight Yard...

Take off homing needles and switch it to manual aim -and possibly decrease needle speed when fired-, problem solved. Thus forcing players to actually aim, that's my opinion anyway. And the fact that infector spammers ruined people's fun today by closing Freight Yard just for overuse of infectors... Pretty pathetic that's all they'll use, even if it costs player's fun across PC, PS3 and XBOX...

I myself am level 15 in infectors, but I hate using it in PvP...Too overpowed and overused...

Jorge Peacewalker
05-09-2013, 05:18 AM
The only nerf I want is infector auto-homing aim be switched to manual aim.
Take off homing needles and switch it to manual aim -and possibly decrease needle speed when fired-, problem solved. Thus forcing players to actually aim, that's my opinion anyway.

^^^ This. Post-haste.

greatdividers
05-09-2013, 08:47 AM
I just played Shadow War and this dude with an infector shot me with like no more than a few rounds and that was it, game over.

I know exactly how they work and I think my description was pretty much bang on. Are you denying that infectors are overpowered?

"a few" would imply a very small number. it takes at least 20 shots to kill someone who is full health. that is not a "bang on" description.

infectors with the burst mod are overpowered. non-bug-abusing infectors are fine. you should know that i feel this way seeing as how you read my post history.

Upinya Slayin
05-09-2013, 09:02 AM

I mostly use a shotgun, i switched to the anti-sniper infector for a few games yesterday and OMG that hting is so broken and OP. i was coming in 1st w/o having to aim or ever be in danger. trust me you'd rather see all shotguns then all infectors

Jorge Peacewalker
05-10-2013, 01:16 AM
"a few" would imply a very small number. it takes at least 20 shots to kill someone who is full health. that is not a "bang on" description.

I guess that depends on an individual's definition, at the time it certainly seemed like a few shots when compared to the barrage I was inflicting upon the other player. What is absolutely clear is that they ARE overpowered, which is the crux of what I was saying.

infectors with the burst mod are overpowered. non-bug-abusing infectors are fine. you should know that i feel this way seeing as how you read my post history.

All I know from browsing your posting history is that you spend most of your time "correcting" people and reprimanding them as opposed to making any sort of positive contribution to this forum or the community. Yes, I had a little rant on this post, but at least I'm not a condescending tool.

twnanno
05-10-2013, 04:04 AM
i hv different setups for pvp depending on the game mode , but as a standard class that works well across both game types usually i will use a combo of combat shotgun with a wide burst vot cannon air burst or frc carbine full auto , 1 will hv radiation the other fire or electric .decoy is really good .i like to fish cloaks with it but it works well against pretty much all types, overcharge is my second choice usually as i tend to change it up from time to time .

greatdividers
05-10-2013, 06:54 AM
I guess that depends on an individual's definition, at the time it certainly seemed like a few shots when compared to the barrage I was inflicting upon the other player. What is absolutely clear is that they ARE overpowered, which is the crux of what I was saying.

your definition of a few is 20+? that's good.....

if you were inflicting a barrage on said enemy player you would have killed them first. infector's are easily out-dps'd by most guns in the game, as long as you can aim. maybe that was the problem?

All I know from browsing your posting history is that you spend most of your time "correcting" people and reprimanding them as opposed to making any sort of positive contribution to this forum or the community. Yes, I had a little rant on this post, but at least I'm not a condescending tool.

correcting people is helping the community my friend. what would happen if someone came to the forums and read some incorrect/terrible advice? that would be bad. so i correct them and forum visitors can get proper information.

ps: reading someone's post history because they called out your ******** is, IMO, the definition of a tool.

mrs0019
05-10-2013, 01:58 PM

Sigh, I've lost count the number of times I've posted my counter to cloakers. Just bare in mind there's little to nothing you can do against the sawed off grenade shotgun...

Rear guard, thick skinned, escape artist (this setup requires a pretty high ego to hit these three powers though). I run with a trapper spanner and an incinerator with decoy. Rear guard nearly completely eliminates the combined bonus dmg from cloak and sucker punch. As soon as your shield breaks escape artist grants you enough speed to put distance on the shotgun cloaker (if they pull a different weapon to handle the range change thick skinned buys you time to LOS them and "reset" the encounter...other times your allies will wreck the now exposed cloaker for you - teamwork). While running, drop a grenade in your wake and chances are you'll kill your pursuer. Even a glancing blow will often level the field. Drop one shot from incinerator, detonate, and switch to your trapper. Lock pursuer down as far away as possible, abuse that shotgun falloff dmg.

This setup is not ideal for solo pvp but it's doable. It really shines in a group with the splash dmg you offer, crummy heals, trapper locking down targets from moving, and decoy. I still think decoy is incredibly underrated. Soak that cloaker, let them shoot you in the butt...chances are you'll live while running away and your teammates will wreck the poor fool for trying. If your solo, just the tactic I mentioned above.

To date, a very bad game for me in this setup is roughly 4/4 around 10-12 assists. My best game running this build was 15/0 17 assists. (TDM observatory)

Love me some decoy... The ONLY tweak I think it needs is the cool down should start as soon as the decoy is destroyed. Currently the duration must expire (even if the decoy is already destroyed) for the refreshing cool down to begin. Other than that, I simply love the way decoy works in this game. It's definitely one thing Trion didn't just get right, they got it nearly perfect. Excellent for pvp and pve both.

fang1192
05-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Rear guard nearly completely eliminates the combined bonus dmg from cloak and sucker punch..

You basically posted my anti-cloak setup. Question on the perk Rear Guard: How much does it protect against? I remember it being at 45% and recently it has been at 30%.

Upinya Slayin
05-10-2013, 02:49 PM
You basically posted my anti-cloak setup. Question on the perk Rear Guard: How much does it protect against? I remember it being at 45% and recently it has been at 30%.

there are alot of ways to counter cloak in this game. and since its used so widely everyone who doens't use it should have a counter set up

mrs0019
05-10-2013, 02:52 PM

It's 30%. But some quick math:

Shot from cloaker from behind - gun does 1000 dmg
Sucker punch and cloak push this to 1450.

Now rear guard kicks in: 30% of 1450 = 435
Takes the dmg back down to 1015. Effective bonus here was only 1.5% for attacking you behind from cloak.

I can't remember if read guard was 45%, but I can definitely see why. 45% was a bit too much especially if combined with thick skinned and cellular armor...mult vs add stacking it would have been possible to hit over 100% dmg mitigation from behind.

Rear guard is still a Godsend. Combined with thick skinned and escape artist it's a heavenly Godsend. :) A decoy build must have since people are more likely to sneak up on you rather than vice versa. You need every perk to cancel their initiative and immediately turn the fight into an encounter that's suitable for your perk and weapon load out.

Hope this helps some.

Razor
05-13-2013, 02:51 AM

1 shot 1 kill with the correct perk setup, that makes it interesting using a sniper in PvP not?

Am I the only one curious towards this build?

Razor
05-14-2013, 01:04 AM
Anyone know if such a build for a sniper excists?

Dobranoc
05-14-2013, 04:55 AM
Anyone know if such a build for a sniper excists?

There is no build that can 1 shot against a target with full shield, non-headshot. only the weakest target can be killed by the strongest sniper rifle, the best damage perks AND Syphon (1200 health 1100 shield target no defensive perks is 2300... against 2407 damage from ability active, behind, above, and Nano triggered (1271+686=1957+450)

686 comes from +54% damage (+30% dmg (cloak+shadowed strike OR overcharge), +15% (sucker punch) +9% (height advantage))
450 comes from Syphon

with this being said... I do not think Snipers need a big damage buff if any at all, because this same non-crit would deal 5871 if it did crit (x3 crit multi) though Rhino+Rear Guard, In the Trenches, Thick Skinned can survive this even with syphon (5871-45%=3230-1800=1430/2=715-1200=485-450/2=260). Fix draw distance, and scope accuracy/hit box issues before any tweeks to snipers. Also remember everyone is protecting themselves from BURST damage (shotguns/infectors) and Snipers are not immune from this.

Tyger
05-14-2013, 06:18 AM
I understand the math and why things are the way they are, but it is a lil silly that a headshot with a sniper doesn't kill. Yes they have shields on and yes I understand the lore of it. Just feels wishy-washy to me. The most critical area on a humanoid. If I'm good enough to ventilate your braincase from across the way, then dagnabbit, I should be rewarded with your twitching corpse slumped off to the side.

Any dertbag can go cloak and shotty at pointblank range. It takes skill to headshot from the other side of the map. Last time I checked this game was supposed to be rewarding skill, not cheap ******ry.

Razor
05-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Thanks for the math Dobranoc ;)

Dobranoc
05-14-2013, 10:45 AM
I understand the math and why things are the way they are, but it is a lil silly that a headshot with a sniper doesn't kill. Yes they have shields on and yes I understand the lore of it. Just feels wishy-washy to me. The most critical area on a humanoid. If I'm good enough to ventilate your braincase from across the way, then dagnabbit, I should be rewarded with your twitching corpse slumped off to the side.

Any dertbag can go cloak and shotty at pointblank range. It takes skill to headshot from the other side of the map. Last time I checked this game was supposed to be rewarding skill, not cheap ******ry.

lol, I do understand, but I have been on both sides of the fence. Sniper side I get WTF when I don't kill with 6 offensive perks (shadowed strike, height advantage, nerves of steel, hunter's stance, longshot, insult to injury) 1271 x3.9 crit (x3.0 base, x1.15 weapon effect, x1.15 crit barrel mod) and a headshot... And when I run defensive set up of 7 perks (fortitude, thick skinned, cellular armor, fortified stance, hunker down, rear guard, in the trenches) and I get one-shotted I think I get a bit more upset... But defensive lets me play longer which I guess is better for the player... /shrug

NP Razor, that's what I tend to do :-p

Sgt Baltimore
05-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Primary- vbi so courier 2 with flame nano
Secondary- vot nano fragger with flame nano
Ego power- Cloak
Use whatever perks u want.
I've gone 25/7 in shadow war and 11/0 in waterfront with this loadout (k/d ratio)
Enough said.

Gudaman
09-03-2017, 07:37 AM
Overall there is no better response... Learning how to beat the overpowered is a lot more fun rather than complaining, name calling, or quitting. Not saying I'm any good at it but when I succeed it feels great.

Deahla
09-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Overall there is no better response... Learning how to beat the overpowered is a lot more fun rather than complaining, name calling, or quitting. Not saying I'm any good at it but when I succeed it feels great.

05-17-2013. That's 4 years and 3 months.

The Lady
09-08-2017, 09:11 PM
Things haven't changed much except they fixed the cloak glitch, but not the blur glitch.

Delusionsama
10-07-2017, 01:50 AM
Dev's i wanna make sure you see this . Dont forget to nerf that ****ing semi auto sniper rifle like caustic venom in pvp like you do everything else it always one shot kills everyone no matter the level !!!!

Thank you!

Delusionsama
10-07-2017, 01:53 AM
[QUOTE=
Quote Originally Posted by Gudaman View Post
Overall there is no better response... Learning how to beat the overpowered is a lot more fun rather than complaining, name calling, or quitting. Not saying I'm any good at it but when I succeed it feels great.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that true until those overpowered ppl go fourm cry and then they **** up your weapon you was using against them while they would be jump automatic sniping getting headshots and rolling. The only weapon that was good for that was the GRL and now its ****ed they ****ed up more then the damage its hella slow as well now .

The Lady
10-07-2017, 05:03 AM
Dev's i wanna make sure you see this . Dont forget to nerf that ****ing semi auto sniper rifle like caustic venom in pvp like you do everything else it always one shot kills everyone no matter the level !!!!

Thank you!

You do know that they have nerfed the CV twice, once for the hip aim, and then with the overall sniper nerf.