PDA

View Full Version : 28 pages of spam ! oh my

JadedSinn
01-05-2015, 04:33 AM
Just thought I'd keep ta s on Tue forum while I was off on my trip riseing a bus to go catch a train. O.o oh my the spam

So I write this

" 28 pages of spam on the walls 28 pages of spam
The devs knock one Down

27 pages of spam on the wall! "

Hope this is cleared up soon.

Dixie Cougar
01-05-2015, 04:38 AM
Think I'm on the same page as Raider Blitzer here.

"SHOW YOUR FACE!"

Etaew
01-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Time for a graphical update from Forum Stats (http://www.defiancedata.com/forumstats.php)

http://i.imgur.com/4AYomnvl.png

Xaat Xuun
01-05-2015, 05:50 AM
I was almost going to post something like this, but it was up to 9 pages, I was reading a post, came back to general . . and it was 14 pages . . that was when I left and entered the game after the restart, wasn't going to stick around . . so it reached 28, basically double when I last was on .. damn

JadedSinn
01-05-2015, 08:11 AM
looks like the devs stemed the tide of spamigy . and squashed the evil that was within it. useing the voodo and black magic that thy do use so offten to destroy the ....

sorry whent off into my own little world there. o.o it gets so boring on a train when all you can see is the coean and cars. and clouds. and... birds ? o.o i am compleatly nad utterly boared. and cant do anything other then connect to the forums here to find something to do.

im so lonely oh so lonely . so all alone.

Soundtrack26
01-05-2015, 08:59 AM
i'm usually on here late n early Pst and see that **** just popped up like wow what the hell.

Burned In Effigy
01-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Do these spammers get paid? If yes then I want a yob.!

NightmareAlonzo
01-05-2015, 01:43 PM
They seem to spam in the morning hours. lol i guess they figure no mods or gms are around.

Scapes
01-05-2015, 02:06 PM
The good news is that we're in the process of doubling our moderator coverage to catch these spammers in the act and keep the forums cleaner. Additionally, we're looking at some backend improvements to the software itself.

Telemachus
01-06-2015, 03:45 AM
So ... ok... there's only 8 pages today, so far.

Well congrats it's less the next day.

Keep up the good work !

Though even a half page would be ...not be the best outcome don't you think ?

Sort of failing less is still.. well failing still.

Etaew
01-06-2015, 04:12 AM
A different kind of overview today, my data was called questionable yesterday so I have a page up (hidden) exposing the entire database of spam threads. You can browse each of them.

I also put up this table today:

http://i.imgur.com/ZR7fzAo.png

This breaks it down by each spammer today, how many threads, when they started and stopped posting etc.

konstantinov
01-06-2015, 05:08 AM
A different kind of overview today, my data was called questionable yesterday so I have a page up (hidden) exposing the entire database of spam threads. You can browse each of them.

This breaks it down by each spammer today, how many threads, when they started and stopped posting etc.

Etaew you never cease amaze me.

KasperSheitup
01-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Yeah, it's pretty great we have him.
8 pages of spam so far today.

Etaew
01-06-2015, 05:27 AM
8 pages of spam so far today.

We've questionably tracked 289 threads today compared to 922 yesterday, but the day is still young.

Ryker Vorton
01-06-2015, 06:09 AM
Many ideaas have been discussed about how to deal with this, but right now i believe a simple "Admin Approval Required" to open new accounts would suffice. Probably 99% of the spam accounts would be as easy to detect as to see their name "ldkfjgbdfb" etc and any account name without a legible name just doesn't get aproval. End of the problem.

(How to prevent dennying a real account? because when rejected, the real user will contact support *****ing and cussing, so support asks the user to rename the use account to a non-bul**** name, sorry for the inconvenience, done)

WhiteKnight019
01-07-2015, 05:54 AM
We've questionably tracked 289 threads today compared to 922 yesterday, but the day is still young.

Etaew do you work for Trion? because if not, you definitely should be. I know you have a passion for this game and they should definitely hire you on as some sort of community director or database organizer.

Etaew
01-08-2015, 05:17 AM
Spam has started up again during a time where I am active so it's time for a report.

Yesterday spam threads that were detected were down to 45, this meant the majority was caught by moderators before my automated 15m data collection.

Today at midday UTC we are up to 335. Notably a 50 minute window 6:39AM to 7:29AM where 156 threads were created before they were cleared.

The current spam session stands at 44 threads at the time of this posting spread out over the last 32 minutes.

(I questionably like data)

Belle Starr
01-08-2015, 06:52 AM

OMG Etaew! We got to get y'all a girlfriend! :)

Bentu
01-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Just wondered if it is possible to set a timer so that you can't create a thread within 10 minutes of creating one.

I know it won't stop the spam but it'll stop the 28 pages of it.

Kind of makes me laugh as he can create the threads quicker than we are allowed to report them.

Edit. Oh my and they were gone lol.