PDA

View Full Version : enemies buffed or not

Tura Satana
01-05-2015, 12:37 PM
People are confused by the 2.5 patch notes and there is disagreement about whether it meant that the enemies were simply put back to their original state after the thanksgiving nerf.. or whether they have been made even stronger than normal. I say it is the former, but some people in game are telling me I'm wrong.. and that they can't wait for enemies to go back to normal. Though I say this IS normal. Can anyone clarify, please?

SirServed
01-05-2015, 12:46 PM
While it says they were put back, I feel they are slightly stronger than they were before they got broken. The good news is that they were too weak before they got broken anyway. The bad news is that Vehicles (that aren't the Durango), NPCs (that get downed instantly at TL10), and Destroyables (like generators) still get the short end of the stick.

Radikal_1
01-05-2015, 01:06 PM
I had stopped playing during the nerf session as it was ridiculously easy. After just starting back up again 1/4/2015, it seems that the enemies are indeed slightly stronger in many cases. Personally I prefer more difficult enemies because cutting down nerfed versions was about as exciting as mowing my lawn.

SourceOfInfinity
01-05-2015, 10:02 PM
some of the Expert bosses are definitely not fixed. the bosses of Island of Lost Soldiers and Commandeer Cronkhite are just as weak now as they were with the power levels disabled. They usually get killed with a single clip as if they were threat 1. Arkfall bosses still seem to be weak as well (scrapper progenitor and the monolith are the only ones I've done since the solstice event started.)

I'm almost certain the regular enemies are stronger...or I could have just totally forgotten how to play properly because of the temp nerf. The melee attack from Monitors are noticeably stronger...sometimes 1-shotting me when I never really thought of that attack as a deadly danger. some other 5.5k+ characters have mentioned the Blasters (rocket launcher raiders) 1-shotting them unexpectedly too. Even now while I'm still collecting better gear and slowly rising my ego, I feel like I can't fight as aggressively as I used to. I've gained about 200 ego between then and now, so threat 10 should potentially have gotten easier.

The most noticable difference for me though is that I used to run expert coops with a sword and a wolfhound just fine, usually in the top 2 scores. It was challenging but I could at least sustain my shields and armor plates (Juggernaut). Now, I just get slaughtered in a minute or less using the same perks, weapons, shield, stim and spike. when I don't get rofl-stomped by some random thing I couldn't see hit me, I slowly get overwhelmed because I fall just short of killing them before they deplete the shield I gained from aggressive defense or I can't sustain juggernaut for survival (other people getting the kill-shot is also a factor too, but I feel like it wasn't much of an issue before). It's frustrating because I used to LOVE my sword loadout for co-ops. I don't mind dying while getting lots of kills, but it's still embarrassing and disheartening because I have to switch to something less enjoyable.

Burned In Effigy
01-05-2015, 10:09 PM
The dark matter monolith takes tons of DMG for 3 seconds flies away rinse repeat. One DM arkfall I didn't even see it, I just kept getting downed by invisible fire. Yay me. It was all over in less then 5minutes.

SourceOfInfinity
01-05-2015, 10:44 PM
The dark matter monolith takes tons of DMG for 3 seconds flies away rinse repeat. One DM arkfall I didn't even see it, I just kept getting downed by invisible fire. Yay me. It was all over in less then 5minutes. Invisible fire has always been an issue just like the other various visual rendering bugs. The monolith seems easier, right? before the temporary nerf, that event would take at least 10 mins and often we would fail it. Either the F2P players are learning & leveling up, or the monolith still has it's power level disabled. I don't know. it just seems to go down quicker to me too.

Burned In Effigy
01-05-2015, 10:49 PM
Invisible fire has always been an issue just like the other various visual rendering bugs. The monolith seems easier, right? before the temporary nerf, that event would take at least 10 mins and often we would fail it. Either the F2P players are learning & leveling up, or the monolith still has it's power level disabled. I don't know. it just seems to go down quicker to me too.

Yes his health bar goes down way fast. Yes it is easier and his time on the ground is 10seconds at most.

Tura Satana
01-06-2015, 06:12 AM
some of the Expert bosses are definitely not fixed. the bosses of Island of Lost Soldiers and Commandeer Cronkhite are just as weak now as they were with the power levels disabled. They usually get killed with a single clip as if they were threat 1. Arkfall bosses still seem to be weak as well (scrapper progenitor and the monolith are the only ones I've done since the solstice event started.)

I'm almost certain the regular enemies are stronger...or I could have just totally forgotten how to play properly because of the temp nerf. The melee attack from Monitors are noticeably stronger...sometimes 1-shotting me when I never really thought of that attack as a deadly danger. some other 5.5k+ characters have mentioned the Blasters (rocket launcher raiders) 1-shotting them unexpectedly too. Even now while I'm still collecting better gear and slowly rising my ego, I feel like I can't fight as aggressively as I used to. I've gained about 200 ego between then and now, so threat 10 should potentially have gotten easier.

The most noticable difference for me though is that I used to run expert coops with a sword and a wolfhound just fine, usually in the top 2 scores. It was challenging but I could at least sustain my shields and armor plates (Juggernaut). Now, I just get slaughtered in a minute or less using the same perks, weapons, shield, stim and spike. when I don't get rofl-stomped by some random thing I couldn't see hit me, I slowly get overwhelmed because I fall just short of killing them before they deplete the shield I gained from aggressive defense or I can't sustain juggernaut for survival (other people getting the kill-shot is also a factor too, but I feel like it wasn't much of an issue before). It's frustrating because I used to LOVE my sword loadout for co-ops. I don't mind dying while getting lots of kills, but it's still embarrassing and disheartening because I have to switch to something less enjoyable.

You're right. The matron and those other bosses are pathetic now. Seems they aren't fixed at all. And while some of the other enemies do seem a bit stronger.. I don't think it was their intention to make them so. I believe they were intending to put them back the way they were before thanksgiving, but fouled it up somehow, and now everything is bassackwards.

Radikal_1
01-06-2015, 07:20 PM
...they...fouled it up somehow, and now everything is bassackwards.

I think you may be on to something Tura Satana.

I've played further along and the Expert Co-op maps are severely buffed along with some of the mid-high level enemies. The bosses do seem to blow over with a light breeze as SourceOfInfinity mentioned.

I believe that although the game play may be more challenging overall, it's a different version of screwed up; perhaps unintentionally. I just wish they would get this thing right.

Duke5150
01-06-2015, 07:45 PM
As an ego of 2k, playing solo, or with a few other lower ego, the combat is acceptable, if some what slow. But once the threat level hits 7, combat becomes painfully tedious and entirely too slow. Today, I was doing the sanfran mission to guard the computer against the dark matter waves (so many waves) and a level 5k showed up, spiking the threat to 7 and turning a well paced and fun battle into a slow grind of running away to heal, and returning to empty two clips into an enemy trying to break shields.

Then another player showed up and the threat bumped to 10. The enemies had three to four armor plates and their shields were ridiculous. I would empty nearly three clips from an assault rifle, using overcharge, into an enemy, just to break its shield. If forced to retreat, the shield would quickly regenerate. Eventually, the other two players quit, leaving me to face dozens of threat 2-3 enemies with 3-4 armor plates and strong shields. My character was unable to kill a single target before my own shield would break and I would have to retreat, allowing the enemy to regenerate. That was an hour, wasted by failure and frustration.

Threat level, Armor plates, strong shields, high hit points and increased damage are fine for events which have dozens of players all shooting the same targets, but it makes those of us without high ego, or powerful gear, nearly useless. Third person shooter combat should be fast, fun and exciting. Not a slow grind, requiring 500 rounds of ammo to kill two or three "normal" enemies. Or it forces a player to use a bio/lightning weapon combination, to the exclusion of personal preference.

I'm not saying enemies should die easily, but the current state of enemy stats by threat level needs to be reworked to consider that not every threat 10 encounter is fought by a dozen players, or that every player facing higher ego encounters are themselves of high ego, or possessing optimal gear. I enjoy fastpaced defiance combat. But today, it felt like the enemies I was fighting were super human behemoths on the hardest difficulty setting. Giant damage sponges with overwhelming numbers. Not really the type of action I've been enjoying with this game.

ShatterST4R
01-21-2015, 04:55 PM
The dark matter monolith takes tons of DMG for 3 seconds flies away rinse repeat. One DM arkfall I didn't even see it, I just kept getting downed by invisible fire. Yay me. It was all over in less then 5minutes.

Yep just spent 25 minutes fighting dark matter monlith, after clearing all the ark fall sites for another 20 mins just to get two blues and three forge. Definitely not worth the time.

Tura Satana
01-21-2015, 05:21 PM
Yep just spent 25 minutes fighting dark matter monlith, after clearing all the ark fall sites for another 20 mins just to get two blues and three forge. Definitely not worth the time.

This is how its supposed to be . The ark falls have been broken and just got fixed. Its supposed to take a long time. Rewards are often crap. Do you play the game for rewards or cuz its fun?

Fallen_Aingeal
01-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Mentioned this in another thread with similar topic.

Did a DM major last night with about a dozen other ppl. The Monolith attack is simply vicious now. The armor on its legs has been fortified. Seems a bit beefier than before the holidays. The motivator seemed a bit more difficult than it was a week ago. The Tachmag Drive is still made of tissue paper.

The artillery was extremely annoying as more than 1/2 the time, it wouldn't render, so I found myself running and catching fire spontaneously.

The DM seemed the same as a week ago, except their aim has vastly improved. Even without green juice, their shots were pegging me from some incredible distances and bullets bending around walls and crystals I was using as cover.

We did beat it, with plenty of time to spare. But I did notice a difference.

ShatterST4R
01-21-2015, 05:37 PM
This is how its supposed to be . The ark falls have been broken and just got fixed. Its supposed to take a long time. Rewards are often crap. Do you play the game for rewards or cuz its fun?

Its both. But what's rewarding about spending that much time to gain nothing? At 5600 ego, experience has no value.

PhantasieTrion
01-21-2015, 07:26 PM
Hi Everyone

This post (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?195869-Enemies-(Including-Tutorial)-Difficulty-Too-hard) (originally, now updated) mentioned that we were aware of an increase in difficulty for enemies in the tutorial. This bug is also affecting other enemies in the game (bosses, hotshots, etc) as some of you have mentioned.

We are well aware of this, and are working on a solution!

Thanks

--Phantasie

Oktharr
01-21-2015, 07:53 PM
Ah thanks PT, been waiting for an official response. Some of my elitest friends are just blaming other people and saying they are bad, lol. Good to know it's a real thing.

stefanies
01-21-2015, 08:06 PM
I'd like to add that it seems hit or miss. I was doing Volge incursion and some of the regular Troopers were harder than Ark Troopers. Others were normal for their rank. Get to the next instance, regular were back to normal and so on. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason.

Tura Satana
01-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Its both. But what's rewarding about spending that much time to gain nothing? At 5600 ego, experience has no value.

Well I'm at 5600 ego as well and I just do it all for the fun. Its not like there are a lot of other things in the game left to do, so I don't mind spending a lot of time on this.

And thank you, phantasie for updating us on this issue. I hadn't read that other thread. I see now that its a sticky, but there are so many stickies that they don't seem to stand out.