PDA

View Full Version : Solstice named legendaries not encrypted.

hiban
01-05-2015, 05:03 PM
Seems that all the solstice named weapons i got from the weekly contracts are unencrypted.
However, the ones i got from trades with other players are encrypted.

Is there any way to fix that?

Note: most of those weapons which came unencrypted were taken from claims section.

Dixie Cougar
01-05-2015, 05:05 PM
None of my named guns are encrypted either.

Rashere
01-05-2015, 05:17 PM
They going to claims first, perchance?

Dixie Cougar
01-05-2015, 05:18 PM
They going to claims first, perchance?

Sounds like OPs are, and mine are as well.

Graywolfe
01-05-2015, 05:25 PM
how do you tell if it is encrypted? and what does the encryption do?

Rashere
01-05-2015, 05:57 PM
how do you tell if it is encrypted? and what does the encryption do?

There will be a little lock icon on the gun. When a weapon is encrypted, it means the rarity can't be upgraded further, but it receives a damage boost as well.

A weapon will encrypt once you upgrade its rarity so you can only upgrade it once, but since legendary weapons can't be upgraded, they all drop as encrypted so they can benefit from the damage boost.

There's a known issue with items unencrypting when you take them out of claims. Once that's fixed, we'll do a pass on all existing legendaries and make sure they're encrypted.

Rashere

Graywolfe
01-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Ahhh ok well then some of my legendaries are not encrypted then cause they do not have locks anywhere and yeah i think they did go to claims first. thank you.

I don't know if it is a related problem or not but some of my epic weapons from the event do not have the option to retrieve mods from them. I do not remember if the went to claims first.

Fuzzy
01-05-2015, 06:15 PM
I don't know if it is a related problem or not but some of my epic weapons from the event do not have the option to retrieve mods from them. I do not remember if the went to claims first.

By any chance, do you have 4 free inventory slots (or however many mods you have on that gun) when trying to retrieve mods? Otherwise, the option won't appear.

Xaat Xuun
01-05-2015, 06:24 PM
I had that .. I think I just relogged ad the problem was corrected, I was able to retrieve, it was actually a restart, I exited game then started glyph again.
It was the only time

Graywolfe
01-05-2015, 08:08 PM
@ Xaat Well when i go back on i will check it again to see if it works.

@ Fuzzy I am not sure actually but i will check for sure when i am back on.

Hopefully everything works out one way or another. Thanks to both of you.

Atticus Batman
01-05-2015, 09:26 PM
If you have a legendary in claims when you log out, then when you log back in that legendary still in claims, will not be encrypted. So always claim any legendaries before you log out, because the ones in claims lose encryption when you log of.

I have a Reckoning that is unencrypted for that reason. Nobody wants to buy an unencrypted Reckoning! :(

Xaat Xuun
01-05-2015, 11:46 PM
@ Xaat Well when i go back on i will check it again to see if it works.

@ Fuzzy I am not sure actually but i will check for sure when i am back on.

Hopefully everything works out one way or another. Thanks to both of you.
just recalled what happen . . I logged out for the night, and when I logged in next day ,the problem went away

Claydough
01-06-2015, 06:47 AM
If you have a legendary in claims when you log out, then when you log back in that legendary still in claims, will not be encrypted. So always claim any legendaries before you log out, because the ones in claims lose encryption when you log of.

I have a Reckoning that is unencrypted for that reason. Nobody wants to buy an unencrypted Reckoning! :(

ah, this makes alot of sense, after actually looking at my inv i noticed well over half of my weapons are not encrypted.
but some of my weapon that still went into claims got encrypted.

Graywolfe
01-06-2015, 07:15 AM
just recalled what happen . . I logged out for the night, and when I logged in next day ,the problem went away

Well not sure what the problem was but it works now. It could have been a full inventory but i dont recall how much i had at the time. Anyway works now so all good.

OMERTA
01-07-2015, 10:28 AM
So technically it would be possible to upgrade rarity on a oh weapon... I wonder.... Will it then be something like this??

BC001
01-07-2015, 12:17 PM
Maybe the encryption glitch is the source of the discrepancy in damage between two DC weapons of the same type some people have been talking about.

Rashere
01-07-2015, 12:26 PM
Maybe the encryption glitch is the source of the discrepancy in damage between two DC weapons of the same type some people have been talking about.

It'd be a 3% difference between the encrypted and non-encrypted.