PDA

View Full Version : Places to bind

crs
04-04-2013, 09:47 AM
What key would be the best to bind the key Alt and the shift key?

This, the key to rollover. It's very difficult for me to use "alt" while also using the W,S,D,A keys to move around because I'm not lefthanded. Also for the shift key to run fast. My palm is right over the these keys.

I ask because I'm sure some of you have moved these key elsewhere to where you're being able to use them without any problems.

Is the mouse wheel being used for something and if not, can I bind something there?

I have a great gaming board but my mouse is just a standard one. If I decided to buy a better mouse to be able to bind different keys to it, what would be a good one to buy? Half expensive to expensive.

Thanks for any help.

OwenBDead
04-04-2013, 09:52 AM
Can't comment on where i moved the Roll key to, my steelseries keyboard has a dedicated set of keys to left of the proper keyboard which i always use.

But the mouse wheel is bound to switching your weapons, so maybe put Roll on Q could work for you.

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 09:58 AM
The middle mouse button (the wheel) can indeed be bound to a button, and clicking it has no use as far as I can tell. You'll have to be careful not to scroll though, as that's one way of changing weapons.

Another suggestion is to bind rolling to Ctrl, and binding the quick menu to something else since you'll most likely not have to open the quick menu in the middle of combat anyway, and it doesn't have to be as conveniently placed.

But the mouse wheel is bound to switching your weapons, so maybe put Roll on Q could work for you.

Scrolling changes weapons, but clicking the wheel can still be bound to something. Q is used to swap weapons so I wouldn't replace that.

ramsdellcp
04-04-2013, 10:01 AM
since you can change weapons with the mouse wheel, why not bind one of the number keys to roll? perhaps the #1 key would work well for you

iMogwai
04-04-2013, 10:03 AM
since you can change weapons with the mouse wheel, why not bind one of the number keys to roll? perhaps the #1 key would work well for you

#1 is used to activate your ability by default, 2 & 3 are used for switching to your primary & secondary weapon.

crs
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Thank you for your help.