PDA

View Full Version : Defiance is pretty good

WitchHunter Neo
04-04-2013, 09:53 AM
I just want to say that I sympathize with all the people that are encountering terrible issues at the moment. I've played games for a long, long time and I know what it's like when you run into problem after problem. Fingers crossed that these problems are ironed out so that you can enjoy the game and get your money's worth.

I'm enjoying my time with Defiance. It's an ambitious title but the core experience is fantastic. The game never forces it's players to join teams, or form clans and the free-flowing co-op system is great for lone wolf individuals such as myself.

There have been many instances where I have found myself with a couple of people tagging along behind. No communication, no hassle....we knew what we wanted. Missions and rewards. So that's what we did and then eventually went our separate ways. I really like the fact that you do not have to tie yourself in with a team etc etc

Maybe a lot of gamers will be put off, thinking that they prefer a Single Player experience. But technically you can approach Defiance with your own agenda and tackle everything at your own pace. Once people get to know that I imagine the game will become even more popular.

Thanks to the developers for bringing the 360 a unique experience. Keep up the good work.

stormbringer328
04-04-2013, 10:00 AM
I completely agree. It's awesome how you can jump into a mission, find that it's a little tough to handle, only to have another player swoop in and give some covering fire with no communication necessary. I love what I've been able to play so far and am holding off from throwing it away like so many others say they're going to at this point. I am a little irked at the current issues, but have faith that it will smooth out. I am thoroughly impressed with the Arkfalls, especially the ones with all the bugs. It's amazing to see 50+ players banning together to deal bugdeath. What makes any mission even cooler is that you can fall and be revived by another player. I know the reviver gets some sort of xp or something from doing it, but it doesn't matter the why in the heat of the moment. Some *******s could care less about reviving another player, but I've found that the majority of players will drop their fire, even with hellbugs all around, to bring you back into the fight. That is amazing to me for some reason. Just another level of awesomeness.

WitchHunter Neo
04-04-2013, 10:07 AM
I completely agree. It's awesome how you can jump into a mission, find that it's a little tough to handle, only to have another player swoop in and give some covering fire with no communication necessary. I love what I've been able to play so far and am holding off from throwing it away like so many others say they're going to at this point. I am a little irked at the current issues, but have faith that it will smooth out. I am thoroughly impressed with the Arkfalls, especially the ones with all the bugs. It's amazing to see 50+ players banning together to deal bugdeath. What makes any mission even cooler is that you can fall and be revived by another player. I know the reviver gets some sort of xp or something from doing it, but it doesn't matter the why in the heat of the moment. Some *******s could care less about reviving another player, but I've found that the majority of players will drop their fire, even with hellbugs all around, to bring you back into the fight. That is amazing to me for some reason. Just another level of awesomeness.

Yes, its early days but things will get better.

I too am impressed with some of the other players. It seems to be a more friendly environment than I am used to; and people do get involved with fire-support and revives. So far so good.

I've been playing it in chunks of a couple hours. I am really taking my time with the side-missions etc and trying to learn as much about the series as possible.

Anyway good luck out there!

stormbringer328
04-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I've hit all the missions up to Von Bach currently, not including all the time trials. But, as you said, I want to take my time and really dig deep into the story. I've done a coop mission and even with 4 other players it was insane hard. Trion is working on scaling that down, but even with 5 of us total it took about 6 tries to kill the level boss. So there are times for coop, obviously, but like you said, it lets you play your style. If you want to be lonewolf who teams up once in a while, then it's all good. I do suggest trying out an Arkfall when you can. depending on how you do, you can make a ton of xp, scrip, res, keycards, etc. All you really have to do is get into it and you make out pretty well. It's also just a great experience of what the game is. I've even done a few where you have a main towering Hellbug and swarms of smaller ones. It's intense. It's epic. Once they get these issues sorted out and it's running smoothly, it's going to be even more amazing. If you ever want to meet up or whatever, my gamertag is StormBring328 and character name is Jim Collins. Just in case you ever want back up.

WitchHunter Neo
04-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Hi strombringer,

Just got your message/friend request. I'll certainly consider it.
I'm not much of a socialite on-line. I prefer the safety of a forum lol

Did a really big Arkfall fight earlier. It was crazy. It seems the more players present.....the higher the health of the enemies.
Good job there is no friendly fire.....I'd have blown my comrades to bits.

Alfonse
04-04-2013, 01:37 PM
I also have had a good experience with defiance from the start. I do think the game is a mile stone in console gaming and this will only prove to progress mmo's onto this medium. Time will establish this transmedia experience into a necessary test of both gaming and television.

Elastik Spastik
04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
I love this game no matter what anyone says! I have so much fun on it! Apart from when the servers are down!

AstralDissonance
04-04-2013, 01:46 PM
I've also enjoyed my time with the game thus far. Once the issues are sorted out, I will enjoy it even more. I can't get enough of it as it is.