PDA

View Full Version : Beta Tester Benefits?

SpartanX132
02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
Ok, so I know myself, and others are probably wondering, What benefits actually occur for us? other than the codes. anyone have any ideas?

Dead_Phoenix
02-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Ok, so I know myself, and others are probably wondering, What benefits actually occur for us? other than the codes. anyone have any ideas?

we get to try the game just under 2 months early? non that we know of.

Gauldar
02-06-2013, 05:29 PM
Being able to play the game before everyone else. That's pretty much it for any beta test.

Rokkrwolf
02-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Being able to play the game before everyone else. That's pretty much it for any beta test.

This in a nut shell. There really isn't any perks other than getting to play ahead of time and helping develop the game to be better.

Primus Palus
02-06-2013, 05:32 PM

Being able to help hunt for bugs and see the game improve based upon our feedback? Pretty much what all beta tests should be about.

Talray Velis
02-06-2013, 05:41 PM
wrong post

Yooji
02-06-2013, 05:43 PM
they'll probably think of something nice. leave it up to them.

just don't feel entitled to a reward, it's not what we're in for :)

Zoo
02-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Your benefit is to appreciate being able to play the game early and helping the developers fix any unknown issues that you may encounter and rate their quests.

Defective
02-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Beta Rewards have never really been a concern of mine. Don't get me wrong, it's kind of cool to have something that won't be widespread released but to be honest, eh...

I'm happy with just being able to help check for bugs and seeing the game early on.

Kaoslion
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM
Yeah pretty much what everyone else has said. Plus I think one of the biggest under written things is your voice can be heard. The beta was really crisp and clean feeling. I really think they are doing it to get feed back and see what things can be altered for the better of the game and the community.

SweetMadness
02-07-2013, 03:40 AM
No game ever really gives Beta testers anything, other than maybe a personal acknowledgment in the credits.

It should be reward enough to get to play the game and help improve it. You'll also get a leg up on anyone who doesn't Beta/Alpha test because you'll already have knowledge of what you're doing, and where things are.

Hope
02-07-2013, 07:27 AM
No game ever really gives Beta testers anything, other than maybe a personal acknowledgment in the credits.

That's generally true, however there are exceptions:

APB (the original one) beta testers got an awesome in-game shirt for their characters, looked like this (http://i.imgur.com/XVX72qY.png).

Planetside 2 beta testers got an in-game decal that they can display on their armor and vehicles: link (http://i.imgur.com/OSekL.jpg).

Definitely a nice gesture from the devs. :)

Golgo28
02-07-2013, 07:31 AM
Yeah pretty much what everyone else has said. Plus I think one of the biggest under written things is your voice can be heard. The beta was really crisp and clean feeling. I really think they are doing it to get feed back and see what things can be altered for the better of the game and the community.

I'm just glad that between beta weekend 1 and stress test 2 trion showed they really are paying attention to feedback.and working on reported bugs.

Agent I3
02-07-2013, 09:42 AM

I do see where you are coming from, because many other beta's have given out limited edition content, like a unique gun, or epic armor, but i spose just being able to test out the game, early is still pretty sweet!

Vuule
02-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Don't care about rewards, just glad I can play.. eh, test the game.

But seeing as there's a title system in the game, maybe they'll add a beta title?

War Master Degan
02-07-2013, 11:20 AM
Don't care about rewards, just glad I can play.. eh, test the game.

But seeing as there's a title system in the game, maybe they'll add a beta title?

That would be cool. I got a "Founders" title from SWTOR when I tested it. Shouldn't be hard to implement either.