PDA

View Full Version : Race/Gender Models?

Arkamenitas
08-11-2012, 10:04 PM
so, i think i recall hearing that we would be able to play variously alien races in defiance - but i don't think we've seen anything in footage except male human models. Now, im guessing that this is mostly because they were the first ones "complete" enough for showing off.

As it were, will we be able to play the alien races? I assume so, but if that's the case, when can we see what some of them look like (in-game)?

Escyos
08-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I have seen some female characters in game, so they do exists. And yes it has been confirmed that you can play any of the eight races (human, castithan, irathient, indojien etc.)

Kalbuir
08-12-2012, 06:35 AM
Something important to keep in mind is that it has been announced that the alien species will all have the same approx height to prevent obvious advantages of picking one race over the other. We have seen some alien species from the TV series already which all look pretty humanoid with some tweaks and twitches. Well not counting big / muscled / blue guys / smurfs :).

Quite of a few of the races or even creatures for the defiance IP is still largely unknown. Should be plenty of stuff to look forward to in upcoming dev dairies, trailers and interviews. How all of it looks and how much depth the lore / background of everything has could play a major role in the success of the series / game.

If I look at the chatter on twitter though I don't think we'll have to be concerned with the depth of the lore. Example: languages anyone ? :D

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
Something important to keep in mind is that it has been announced that the alien species will all have the same approx height to prevent obvious advantages of picking one race over the other. We have seen some alien species from the TV series already which all look pretty humanoid with some tweaks and twitches. Well not counting big / muscled / blue guys / smurfs :).

Quite of a few of the races or even creatures for the defiance IP is still largely unknown. Should be plenty of stuff to look forward to in upcoming dev dairies, trailers and interviews. How all of it looks and how much depth the lore / background of everything has could play a major role in the success of the series / game.

If I look at the chatter on twitter though I don't think we'll have to be concerned with the depth of the lore. Example: languages anyone ? :D

the fact that they are mostly unknown is why im so interested in seeing them :p

Escyos
08-12-2012, 05:38 PM

Really I never heard that they were all the same height. We did see that tall muscular alien in the trailer, but he may be some sort of hybrid/genetically-engineered creature.

Arkamenitas
08-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Really I never heard that they were all the same height. We did see that tall muscular alien in the trailer, but he may be some sort of hybrid/genetically-engineered creature.

i think they mentioned that in one of the videos for the tv side of things, to make them easier to portray on the series. something about them being mostly all humanoid to a fair degree and of similar scale

Kalbuir
08-13-2012, 02:14 AM

Rewatch the comic-con panel then think they talk about similar build and height there, maybe not all exactly the same height but you won't see gnomes vs gaints.