PDA

View Full Version : Have questions? This is your thread!

CM Kiwibird
01-06-2015, 05:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JzYjANn.gif

Hey there folks! Are you ready for the first Defiance Dev Q&A of 2015? Please submit your questions within this thread.

Thanks!

Holy Bahamut3
01-06-2015, 06:01 PM
What will be first down the pipeline this year? (What changes or features are coming up?)

Is their anything that you're excited for this year?

Chris Robet
01-06-2015, 06:05 PM
What will be first down the pipeline this year? (What changes or features are coming up?)

Is their anything that you're excited for this year?

As an extension of this question, when will the first major update come out?

nathanpbutler
01-06-2015, 06:07 PM
1. When can we expect a fix for Defiant Few II constantly resetting to zero for all stats on each login? Is there confirmation that this is merely "visual," as we were told, or is progress gone?

2. Any word on a time frame for the next time the EGO cap will be raised? Players who are past 5900 in "real EGO level" want to know...

SirServed
01-06-2015, 06:14 PM
1. When can we expect a fix for Defiant Few II constantly resetting to zero for all stats on each login? Is there confirmation that this is merely "visual," as we were told, or is progress gone?

2. Any word on a time frame for the next time the EGO cap will be raised? Players who are past 5900 in "real EGO level" want to know...
I second this second question. I also suspect it will happen with the next Major patch (so my guesstimate is 3 months max).

Cavalero
01-06-2015, 06:16 PM
Well, my Amakuni still invisible. Why? and When release new patch?

Nefarious
01-06-2015, 06:29 PM
-What are your thoughts on the current Threat Level system? And as more things get added to the game that will make players stronger, like Cyber Rigs for example, do you have any plans to help boost enemies to help them keep up in any way?

-Why didn't the snow effects show up on Console?

-Whats the news on it Raining in the game?

-I still remember that the Raptor was supposed to have a mounted turret. Is turret still in the works somewhere or has it been a scraped idea?

-What are some crazy Dev ideas that you thought of and would liked of seen in the game but were just not able to make final cut or were just to outrageous to be implemented into the game?

JKG
01-06-2015, 06:31 PM
Will the store get new content an will there be another sale in the near future.

konstantinov
01-06-2015, 06:38 PM
-What are your thoughts on the current Threat Level system? And as more things get added to the game that will make players stronger, like Cyber Rigs for example, do you have any plans to help boost enemies to help them keep up in any way?

-Why didn't the snow effects show up on Console?

-Whats the news on it Raining in the game?

-I still remember that the Raptor was supposed to have a mounted turret. Is turret still in the works somewhere or has it been a scraped idea?

-What are some crazy Dev ideas that you thought of and would of liked to seen in the game but were just not able to make final cut or were just to outrageous to be implemented into the game?

We had snow on ps3 and I think the turret on the Raptor went to hangout with the plasma pulsers.

Ryker Vorton
01-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Will you implement any measure to prevent SPAM from flooding the forums like it's been happening the last few weeks?

Praxus07
01-06-2015, 07:32 PM
360 user...will the dlc's or season pass ever go on sale?

Graywolfe
01-06-2015, 08:00 PM
How about a system to let us pick up dropped loot from the ground and send it to claims when our inventory is full.

Can we get another use for ark salvage? Or let us sell it? Or trade it in for ark forge like 1000 to 1?

Can we have the special weapons, mods and outfits from the old events available in the bit store? I mean each individual item not a random lock box.

Chump Norris
01-06-2015, 08:50 PM
We were told in a previous Q&A that PvP was not required to hit the EGO cap.

When you guys (Trion) did the math did you exclude "In the Inner Circle", "In the Inner Circle II", "Echelon Contractor" and "Echelon Contractor II" or just the pursuits under the Competitive Multiplayer tab?

thePally
01-06-2015, 09:41 PM
Not that they haven't been fun, but all I've seen in my time with the game, world-event-wise, have been 'farm for items' type events.
Why no 'farm for tons of shiny new holiday currency' type events(yes, like in rift), where we can go ahead and choose our weapon types?
Keeps people who already have tons of scrip from just buying what they want from the event, assuming they're trade locked, and we could still be made to find our own mods in the same way as before.

nathanpbutler
01-06-2015, 09:55 PM
We were told in a previous Q&A that PvP was not required to hit the EGO cap.

When you guys (Trion) did the math did you exclude "In the Inner Circle", "In the Inner Circle II", "Echelon Contractor" and "Echelon Contractor II" or just the pursuits under the Competitive Multiplayer tab?

I second this one. Here are the calculations I ran back about a month ago that relate to this. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?178391-Maximum-EGO-Calculations-as-of-Dec.-7-2014-for-Etaew-and-Whomever-Else-is-Interested) Those numbers prove that it is currently still impossible to do so.

Burned In Effigy
01-06-2015, 11:34 PM
Can you take us, or maybe just me, through a typical work day at trion? What's your usual first dealings? Do you guys have meetings and spitball, or discuss what we post here and mull over them?

And yes, I am serious. I do wanna know what your typical work day is like.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-06-2015, 11:42 PM
When is vote to kick actually going to allow us to kick people out of groups and co ops when the are just leaching or being trolls causing issues. The current system that allows the person to vote no on kicking hiself and not removing him from the group and map on a majority vote is broken in the most obvious of ways.

Alliiara
01-07-2015, 01:12 AM
Will we ever get an outfit piece similar to Ara Shondu's? I love the look of it and that it is sort of a dress. :)
Is it planned to make the headgear items' hair going to match the colour of our characters hair?
Are there any planned upcoming livestreams?
Are there any plans on selling hellbug plushies? :)

Zoomer12
01-07-2015, 02:34 AM
When are we likely to see the weapons tuning pass, and can we have a sneak peak for the BMG changes?

SCAVENGER1
01-07-2015, 02:58 AM
when will the defiant few 2 pursuit be fixed?
and when will the vote kick actually work and kick them all the way out of the instance?
and when will the ego not depend on pvp?

Wilhelm Keitel
01-07-2015, 03:03 AM
Will you ever fix the server problems and all the random disconnects that make it difficult to complete even the simple daily contracts at conflict sites. Constant lose of progression is a huge problem in this game.

Bentu
01-07-2015, 06:33 AM
Entries are limited to PC users only.

Why was the Solstice screen shot event restricted to PC users only?

What a way to make the rest of the community feel welcome to the party. I could understand if they are being used for promotional reasons but they're not as far as I'm aware. I mean did you use the thanks giving ones?

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?179261-Solstice-Strike-Screenshot-Contest

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?179224-Defiance-Solstice-Strike-Screenshot-Contest-Rules

DSW
01-07-2015, 06:47 AM
will we ever get the scaling fixed?
for now it's anything but proper, where two 5K players would bump anything to TL10, and half of time it means that one of them have to leave so that the event could be completed in time

Altras
01-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Hello Kiwi! Hope you had a great new year!

1.Any update on private instances/Mass invite option?
2.Will the holiday arkfalls return in 2015?
3.I remember hearing there will be a new lockbox in place of the cooperate espionage, any word on that?

Thanks for all you do Kiwi!

Ryker Vorton
01-07-2015, 09:28 AM
+1 to the question about max ego, i remember asking about it before but being perfectly ignored, It is still impossible to reach max ego without doing PVP.

+1 to the Scaling issues. Being on my ego 38xx i had missions jumping to TL10 only because a 5k came in, or TL8-9 because another 3k came by.

Speaking of scaling, will the damage boost ever work properly? Let's see.... at ego 38xx my current TL is 4, it takes 5-10 SMG rounds to kill a blitzer (2 or 3 if they are headshots at short ditance) but then, TL goes skyrocketing and i need a full clip and a quarter (130 shots) emptied point blank on the blitzer face in order to kill it.... Is it a joke?

Last, one for yoy Kiwi: Why "being" a kiwi you keep using owl images? O_O

http://www.rvphotography.co/share/20141212aves/20141212-133_D200_800%20mm_f8_1-750%20s_ISO500.jpg

DEATHBRINGER210
01-07-2015, 09:42 AM
when will the defiant few II contracts be fixed?

Alliiara
01-07-2015, 09:48 AM
when will the defiant few II contracts be fixed?
This is the most recent update:

Hi Everyone.

Just following up on this - we are still working on it and I hope to have a final update in the next week or so.

We will fix this. You will not lose progress.

--Phantasie

DEATHBRINGER210
01-07-2015, 09:50 AM
This is the most recent update:

thanks for the update

Ryker Vorton
01-07-2015, 09:51 AM
just remembered another questions:

- Can we have multiple waypoint navigation implemented to the maps? Pretty please?

- Can we have group shared map/waypoints and mssions? this is not about new missions, but to be able to share our maps (specially routes) and current missions with group members. I'm kind of surprised that a game so focused into co-op playing doesn't have these basic features like on many games i've seen before.

JadedSinn
01-07-2015, 11:17 AM
how was the teams vacation. did u get anything good for Xmas :) how has every one been.

r1p
01-07-2015, 12:16 PM
The following apply to the PS3 but they may apply to the other systems:

Can you add a "Go to clan member" option to the social menu screen that lists all of the clan members and/or add an option for the same to the "Find Player" function if the player searched is in your clan? I think we're limited to 12-13 clan members in the quick menu and and since the list is sorted alphabetically it leaves a lot of players inaccessible. I know that people have been getting around this via "Group Invite" but in my opinion it's an onerous kludge players have adopted due to the lack of proper functionality.

Also, when can we expect to be able to properly view the synergies of the mods installed on our weapons? I can't be the only player that has mods installed that do not match a weapon's synergy and it's frustrating to finally get a mod that matches and be afraid to install it because you might be overwriting one of the proper ones.

CM Kiwibird
01-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Last, one for you Kiwi: Why "being" a kiwi you keep using owl images? O_O

http://i.imgur.com/kcWT3bF.gif

I actually picked the name Kiwibird because that was the name of a quaker parakeet that I had when I was little. Take a peek at them, they look a bit like peeled kiwi fruits! He was a sweet bird with some neurological issues, and the name reminds me to always be kind to others. My icon is a potoo bird, so there's not too much bird consistency here.

KingNephilim
01-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Also, when can we expect to be able to properly view the synergies of the mods installed on our weapons? I can't be the only player that has mods installed that do not match a weapon's synergy and it's frustrating to finally get a mod that matches and be afraid to install it because you might be overwriting one of the proper ones.

Why can't you view the synergies of your mods? I'm almost certain when select "retrieve mods" on the matrix screen thingy you have the option to view each mod before final confirmation, thus giving you the option to see what mods are installed on that gun, the rarities & the specifics of each including the synergy.

Ryker Vorton
01-07-2015, 12:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/kcWT3bF.gif

I actually picked the name Kiwibird because that was the name of a quaker parakeet that I had when I was little. Take a peek at them, they look a bit like peeled kiwi fruits! He was a sweet bird with some neurological issues, and the name reminds me to always be kind to others. My icon is a potoo bird, so there's not too much bird consistency here.

hahahaha but it has a good story behind, good enough for me :D

Why can't you view the synergies of your mods? I'm almost certain when select "retrieve mods" on the matrix screen thingy you have the option to view each mod before final confirmation, thus giving you the option to see what mods are installed on that gun, the rarities & the specifics of each including the synergy.

Nop, you get the mod list but no info on their synergies, just their names and color

BC001
01-07-2015, 01:07 PM
The following apply to the PS3 but they may apply to the other systems:

Can you add a "Go to clan member" option to the social menu screen that lists all of the clan members and/or add an option for the same to the "Find Player" function if the player searched is in your clan? I think we're limited to 12-13 clan members in the quick menu and and since the list is sorted alphabetically it leaves a lot of players inaccessible. I know that people have been getting around this via "Group Invite" but in my opinion it's an onerous kludge players have adopted due to the lack of proper functionality.

Those are definitely needed on the PC side as well.

As a corollary to the first one, how about putting a characters clan name on the character sheet somewhere? Or at least having one's self searchable on the "find player" window to see it. It may sound silly, but with some of the smaller and less active clans it is hard to tell if the clan is even still in existence. Some kind of clan statistics window would be nice too, to see how many are in the clan, when the last person was logged in, and maybe some milestones on clan progress in unlocking things.

Another useful thing would be to have some kind of group nesting, both to keep groups from being broken up by the automatic groups in co-ops and arkbreaks and (if the 'find player' goto is not instituted) to use the kludge without going through the steps of breaking ones original group, grouping with the remote person, teleporting, ungrouping to make room for others to come, and grouping back up with the original. As it is there is usually not even time for that whole mess before the action starts (or worse, when it is already going).

Some indication of which shard one is in would be handy as well as a way to change shards without teleporting to someone in another shard would be helpful too.

r1p
01-07-2015, 01:09 PM

When selecting "Retrieve Mods" I can see the list of each mod and their rarity (color) but when I select "View" for an individual mod the description screen lists no synergy or bonuses. The only time I can see the details for an installed mod is right after I install it, but I can not see the details of any of the other mods previously installed on that same weapon. Eventually, not sure if its after I exit the matrix screen or restart the game, the mod will no longer display any details other than the name and the rarity. I don't care about seeing the bonuses because these are displayed on the weapon details screen, but not knowing the synergy is frustrating.

CM Kiwibird
01-07-2015, 01:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/O0HAbJn.gif

Hey there folks, friendly reminder! I'll be pulling questions from here today, so get your questions in now! :o

Tura Satana
01-07-2015, 03:47 PM
When will the scaling for high threat level enemies REALLY be fixed from the thanksgiving temporary nerf. The notes from update 4.5 led us to believed that it was fixed, however, major arkfall bosses are pathetic and can be beaten in 2-5 minutes without a hint of danger -when it used to take 10 at the LEAST- especially for the progenitor and mechanized hunter. The matron falls after popping up once or twice, and the Hellions arms break off superfast. Co-op too. Daug is a complete puss, as is the matron in Island. Both take less than ten seconds to kill in Expert. None of these things are any fun anymore.

On the other side of the coin, everyone seems to feel that normal enemies at threat level 10 are even harder than they used to be before thanksgiving, And one person at ego 5000 + one at 3800 raise the threat level to 10 and a mere roadside emergency with Dark Matter becomes a 10 minute struggle emptying clip after clip of ammo into into each one, feeling totally underpowered and taking turns reviving each other.

Atticus Batman
01-07-2015, 04:18 PM

It does NOT list the synergy when you view a mod through retrieve. There is no way to see what synergy is on a mod, once placed on a gun.

gtfoandrew
01-07-2015, 04:21 PM
PC, NA server.

I'm unable to finish the Season 2 Episodes pursuit because the "Cradle to Grave" mission set is missing.

From the time Patch 2.4 came out, it stated in the Open World section that "The Season 2 mission “On Record” is only available after completing “Into the Depths.” (to avoid confusion for new players)".

At that time, I had already finished all the main story missions already, but did not start on the episodes yet, therefore Cradle to Grave just completely disappeared.

I restarted the main missions and played well past "Into the Depths" but that did not help.

Can anything else be done about this?

ALSO! Will there be a bits sale for any upcoming holidays? Armistice day perhaps?

nathanpbutler
01-07-2015, 04:49 PM
Questions are being pulled today. The Defiant Few II one has been asked repeatedly now, as has the PVP and max EGO question. I'm almost willing to bet neither will be addressed, or, if so, one will, in favor of "so, did you get anything good for Christmas?"

Claydough
01-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Can we have I frames added after a knockdown and a revive for a short period to help comber stun lock by things like the grid and volge and getting instantly downed after a revive and not being able to take any preventable action to avoid incoming attacks.

Can we please some sort of damage based score for certain events like co op maps or war masters and the like. I feel it missing a competitive edge against other players.

King Stud
01-07-2015, 07:43 PM
Will faction rep in the defiance store ever go on sale? I've bought cornucopia & solstice crates when they came out because of the 40% discount, but as it stands, faction boxes grant less items and are much more expensive than lockboxes, and therefore not worth buying.

Bentu
01-07-2015, 08:19 PM
I changed my game tag today and because of this for some reason I had to remap my controls again.

Now doing this isn't as simple as you may think because there is an operation (move backwards) that doesn't show it assigned to a trigger or button on the controler.
It is actually assigned to the left toggle when you push it down.

So my question is why doesn't the "move backwards" operation have an assigned button on the re map options.

I'll be making a bug report in greater detail.

stefb42
01-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Any chance of extending the timer in claim items? 7 days is a bit short and I'm getting fed up losing items before I can sell or claim them

Graywolfe
01-07-2015, 09:59 PM
Might be to late but a couple more questions anyway.

When will you fix the season 2 episode 1 mission? It is no longer available.

Could we have a alphabet tab index for viewing our clan? We would be able to see more of who is online at the time.

Markeen
01-08-2015, 01:14 PM
I know all questions have been pulled but I wanted to know when we can see the first of this years updates.

Razar2380
01-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Is there any way to get an exchange system in the game to exchange hard to get in game currencies for bit so that ones who are unable to make income can also buy from the stores?

It will work by letting one person buy the bits, and the other person exchange their in game currencies for it. And it can be an open exchange system, so that everyone that wants to exchange like this will be put in a big pool.

DSW
01-10-2015, 04:11 AM
Is there any way to get an exchange system in the game to exchange hard to get in game currencies for bit so that ones who are unable to make income can also buy from the stores?

It will work by letting one person buy the bits, and the other person exchange their in game currencies for it. And it can be an open exchange system, so that everyone that wants to exchange like this will be put in a big pool.

scrip is mostly useless after you hit 4000+ - you'll spend it mostly on vendor specials and a small amount for keys if you don't have 1-2 needed to buy T4 box. people sitting on millions of scrip simply because it has no associated value. and i doubt they ever to implement scrip->bits conversion. (meh, they cant add anything about ark salvage which is next most useless currency now)

PapaDox
01-10-2015, 06:55 AM
Had the same prob, asked Trion for help and now I can't get back in to the North America server

PapaDox
01-10-2015, 07:05 AM
Can't log in to the N.America server(europe, no prob) tried delete,disconect from media server. All of my connectivity issues are fine, Tech support at Trion won't reply, any ideas?

TNT Shadowz
01-10-2015, 06:20 PM
Can someone please tell me the exact requirements for (using) paradise territory weapons

Tura Satana
01-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Can someone please tell me the exact requirements for (using) paradise territory weapons

This thread was for questions to ask the devs. But I will answer this for you. You have to have paradise rep and cores to purchase these from the machine. You get that from completing paradise territory contracts. You no longer have to be ego 5000 to use them though because of the ego downgrade ability we have now. The weapons cannot be traded. You must purchase them yourself. Mods can though.

TNT Shadowz
01-11-2015, 04:03 AM
Sorry didn't realise it was for devs it does state "Have questions? This is your thread!"

Defyled
02-22-2015, 04:37 PM
How do I kick offline members of my clan if I am using Xbox 360?

Bonehead
02-22-2015, 04:43 PM
With the ego cap originally set at 5k when threat scaling was introduced, the max ego boost you could get was 4750. It stayed that way when the ego cap was raised to 5900.

Will the boost cap of 4750 be raised now that the new cap is 6k?

4750 seems a bit low for a 6k cap.

bigbri2k5
02-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Will any pursuits we do now after we hit 5900 count towards the new cap when it's raised to 6k?

FedBox
02-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Hi Devs and Community,

Here are my Questions:
1. Is there anything planned to get an extra trade menu where you can insert weapons to change mastery, lower or bring ego up, where you actually won't give the gun away? basically you can inset the weapon, the other person can use ark forge on it but will not have it in his inventory. Just to prevent people from getting ripped of or scammed.

2. Are you guys working in changing the BMG appearance? Beams causing to much lagg, and with the upcoming Score changes i predict a lot of BMG spamming. Maybe don't let it link to multiple targets anymore, just one thats more then enough, or make it an aura (like spikes) instead of beams.

3. Will we ever see more than the usual 3 (Darkmatter/Scrapper/Hellbug) Major Arkfall events? Maybe Mutants, E-Rep, Raiders?

4. Speaking of Arkfalls, are you guys planning on reworking the reward system on Majors? Maybe have a hidden % thats starts of at a fix number and every ark fall you attend the % will increase by a bit until you receive a legendary. Then the % will reset and start over again.

cheers

Fuzzy
02-22-2015, 06:00 PM
Will any pursuits we do now after we hit 5900 count towards the new cap when it's raised to 6k?

Yes, I am 6k on PTS with all pursuits finished. I finished them all on live before I got my character copied.

Atticus Batman
02-23-2015, 02:58 AM
Here's my questions:

Why was a Q and A from Januaury necroed?
Why do people who know better keep posting in it and not realizing it's a necr?
Why did I feel the need to post these questions instead of just saying "NECRO!"?

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/world-affairs-board-pub/17114d1257963711-necropost-warning-pinhead-necro2.jpg

GodKingMoloch
02-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Can the dev team please sit down and work on a auction house as trading is going down hill on pc-na. This would simply remove people having too type long descriptions of weapons in trade part of the forums that seems like a waste of are time. I've asked around both on ps3 in the past and PC, and everyone seems to want a auction house of some sort added to the game.

Holy Bahamut3
02-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Can the dev team please sit down and work on a auction house as trading is going down hill on pc-na. This would simply remove people having too type long descriptions of weapons in trade part of the forums that seems like a waste of are time. I've asked around both on ps3 in the past and PC, and everyone seems to want a auction house of some sort added to the game.

There will be a new thread today that gathers questions. Please post this to that one. I'd like to hear their answer as well.

Alliiara
02-23-2015, 11:52 AM
This is the current thread: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?203241-Questions-Concerns-This-is-your-thread!
This was posted by Kiwi a few days ago:
Hey there everyone - the team is going to be very busy this week so these questions will go into next week's Q&A. We'll have a Defiance livestream tomorrow at 2:30 PM PST, so make sure to tune in!
So it looks like that is the thread until the next Q&A :)

Kbox
03-01-2015, 11:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/JzYjANn.gif

HeyKiwi bird folks! Are you ready for the first Defiance Dev Q&A of 2015? Please submit your questions within this thread.

Thanks!

Hi Kiwi bird, I am a Leader of Freemason Clan and understand I need to provide you with authorization for another member of our Leadership Team, along with myself, to have authority to post on behalf of our clan.
I am authorizing x2Tough4UrOffzxas our clan representative with this Defiance forum.

Thank you!
Kbox