PDA

View Full Version : Super Special Jackpot Weapons Please!

Yakalfurd
01-07-2015, 01:34 AM
I really like the Jackpot weapons currently in the game the only other thing I have to say about them is that I have been killing myself farming keycodes for Reckoning to no avail. lol I think it would be really awesome to have Super special jackpot items in the game. Examples of such items would be limited edition weapons like weapons that there are only like 1000 that exist or maybe even 1 of a kind weapons. The Devs announce what the monthly jackpot weapons are. It would be cool if they didn't show off the Super Jackpots until they had been received. Now , personally I would love , love , love to have a fly swatter for killing Hellbugs. But they wouldn't have to be something like that. And they wouldn't even have to be much different stat wise than the other weapons in the game. They could just have special names and aesthetics. Finally and most importantly these weapons would not only be available from lock boxes but they would also have a chance of dropping from enemies that you kill. I don't believe that I am the only Arkhunter that would like to see an OJ on the ground especially knowing that it was a really , really special OJ!

Atticus Batman
01-07-2015, 03:18 AM
Considering some enemies spawn in locations that we can not get to and on ground drops sometimes disappear, a dropped Oj will never and should never happen.

konstantinov
01-07-2015, 05:16 AM
Considering some enemies spawn in locations that we can not get to and on ground drops sometimes disappear, a dropped Oj will never and should never happen.

You remember how big of a deal it was when the thorn liro arenas came out and the golden skitterlings could drop purples?

Ryker Vorton
01-07-2015, 09:41 AM
I agree on the no-no for OJ drops on the ground, though i think it would be nice if we see those purpla glows more often.

Jackpot items, all good (never got one myself yet) and they may even me more great, but they should be non-tradeable. Having one of the top-rare items in games shouldn't be something obtainable through trade,

hiban
01-07-2015, 10:10 AM
We already got "Jackpot Items" and "Event Named Weapons", which are a rare weapon set among the event weapons, which are a rare weapon set themselves... Plus, all of these are OJs, which are already very rare among the whole set of weapons in the game.

So how can you make a weapon more Legendary than a weapon which has rarest rarity, exclusive name, best stats and exclusive synergy?

Having a weapon non-tradeable kinda destroys the purpose of its rarity, which is added value. A non-tradeable weapon has zero value in the market (for obvious reasons)

Ryker Vorton
01-07-2015, 10:20 AM
Having a weapon non-tradeable kinda destroys the purpose of its rarity, which is added value. A non-tradeable weapon has zero value in the market (for obvious reasons)

On the contrary, having them tradeable is what destroys the challenge and accomplishment of getting them, anything that can be obtained through trades is worthless in that aspect. When one of these itmes (more specially the really rare ones, like the jackpot items on top of the list, named event items are not that rare) is earned it has a real value, but when it is purchased it is just blah, nothing, nada, just a gold sink

Yakalfurd
01-07-2015, 11:00 AM

The idea being that these would be Super rare weapons possibly 1 of a kind weapons . I would not want there to be such a risk. But could it not be possible that the weapon go into your inventory and the orange on the ground just be a visual thing? Maybe you could interact with it and it would play a special song or something.

PTR47
01-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Ever have loot land in an ammo box? Man, if that was an orange...

Chris Robet
01-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Ever have loot land in an ammo box? Man, if that was an orange...

I hate that, I'm out of spikes and it lands there. Although I do berserk and kill everything so maybe it's a good thing when that happens.

JKG
01-07-2015, 11:16 AM
I want more bits box exclusives like abbadons touch every event should have one.

TheStigsCousin
01-07-2015, 11:18 AM
I play a lot of Forza Motorsports on Xbox, have since the first one came out on the original Xbox. In the Forza game series there are special cars called unicorns. These cars can only be obtained from the game devs and are not included in any version of the game. They are given out as prizes for special events, contests, participation in certain forum discussions, and challenges. These cars cannot be gifted or auctioned, therefore are very rare, hence the name. I think this is more along the lines of what the OP is suggesting.

TRION could do something along those lines. Hold special forum contests or challenges for these items. Not everyone would be able to get them. That way they retain their rarity.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Never happen. In the interest of fairness. Thats why good scores don't bag you loot. Happy with chances we have now tbh