PDA

View Full Version : Getting my 360 UE today. Have a question.

Riku_Kurosaki15
01-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Well it looks like I will be getting my Xbox 360 Ultimate Edition in the mail today. I was wondering do I need to uninstall the F2P version from my HDD, then install the disk based version of the game again? Or do I just need to put the UE code on the back of the manual in and get the stuff that comes with the UE(season pass, 1200 bits, etc)and not have to worry about installing the disk copy? And if I play the game from the disk will it launch the F2P version?

Tura Satana
01-07-2015, 08:19 AM
Just put the code in on the back of the manual. That's it. BTW, I responded to your other question..

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?183270-Collectors-Edition&p=1671364#post1671364

PhantasieTrion
01-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Technically speaking, the F2P version is identical to the boxed version of the game. Once that is installed, you then get the newest patches via the Defiance patcher.

This means there is no difference between the F2P version and the box version. You do not need to uninstall when switching. And I see no point to putting the disk in the drive and installing that. All it would do is reinstall the game, force you to repatch, and you would end up in the same state you are already in. So just skip that :)

As Tura Santna correctly pointed out, you just need to enter the code.

Thanks for purchasing the UE edition - enjoy all the stuff you get with it!

--Phantasie

Oktharr
01-20-2015, 03:38 PM
Shameless necro bump. I also got my paid version today.

The game is installing right now, lol. Don't know why the disc version and the f2p version don't just go back and forth.

Having to re patch though... yeah, I think I'll skip the install. 11gigs is a hefty fine.

Symbiosis2099
01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
The game is installing right now, lol. Don't know why the disc version and the f2p version don't just go back and forth.

Having to re patch though... yeah, I think I'll skip the install. 11gigs is a hefty fine.

Phantasie clearly states in the post directly above yours that all you needed to do was enter the code...