PDA

View Full Version : I want your opinion defiance.

Chris Robet
01-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Is there any point to posting new threads about timing out and hardfreezing? There have been a staggering amount of bug report lately related to getting booted from the game and console hardfreezing, should we let trion be about this known problem or is posting new threads to remind Trion the way to help everyone out? What do you guys think?

Fallen_Aingeal
01-07-2015, 11:04 AM
I was keeping a daily log and sharing it with PT and Kiwi. They know the issues are there and especially so with the consoles.

They are constantly working on the problem, but with the skeleton crew they're dealing with, it seems like they aren't.

i thought about starting a thread for ppl to post into whenever a dc or hardfreeze occurred, similar to the thread I started back in the day about the Northpoint Volge Siege. It seemed to help. Of course, the forum and game had A LOT more ppl active.

Azimov
01-07-2015, 11:32 AM
Please educate me, for consoles, do other games have similar connectivity issues that are being reported with Defiance? Are the servers for the consoles run by the console manufacturers on their network or are you going through the console manufacturer network to get to the network the Defiance servers are on? Just curious.

TheStigsCousin
01-07-2015, 11:33 AM
Is there any point to posting new threads about timing out and hardfreezing? There have been a staggering amount of bug report lately related to getting booted from the game and console hardfreezing, should we let trion be about this known problem or is posting new threads to remind Trion the way to help everyone out? What do you guys think?

To be honest, this is why I didn't get the game when it was first released. I heard all these negative comments from players (not game reviewers) about not being able to stay connected or not being able to connect at all. Plus many other bugs and errors. It turned me away from a game I really wanted. As time went by, I had pretty much forgotten about the game entirely until a friend told me it was F2P on Xbox. So I figured, hey it's free, I'll give it a chance. I have not been disappointed, After seeing the majority of the problems people had commented about have been fixed.

So yes, all these negative comment threads can kill a game. I also agree that they should all be kept in one thread. I also know after many years of being on the internet and on forums, most people don't pay attention and just make new threads. There may be 50 threads at the top of the list, or even a sticky, but they make a new one anyway. Everyone seems oblivious of the search feature on forums or that Google can usually get them the answers they're looking for.

Also want to point out, most of the fault for the bad connections are on the user's end. As for the some of the errors, it's the lack of ram and processor speeds of the consoles. So I understand TRION trying to do what they can, but they only have so much hardware power to work with where the consoles are concerned. So it's not entirely their fault.

BC001
01-07-2015, 12:08 PM
NA PC had problems too, in late August and September then it improved. It seems to be slipping again now though it is still useable. PC EU is still solid like last time and the latency difference is negligable. Is there a difference like that for the gamebox servers?

Fallen_Aingeal
01-07-2015, 01:34 PM
To be honest, this is why I didn't get the game when it was first released. I heard all these negative comments from players (not game reviewers) about not being able to stay connected or not being able to connect at all. Plus many other bugs and errors. It turned me away from a game I really wanted. As time went by, I had pretty much forgotten about the game entirely until a friend told me it was F2P on Xbox. So I figured, hey it's free, I'll give it a chance. I have not been disappointed, After seeing the majority of the problems people had commented about have been fixed.

So yes, all these negative comment threads can kill a game. I also agree that they should all be kept in one thread. I also know after many years of being on the internet and on forums, most people don't pay attention and just make new threads. There may be 50 threads at the top of the list, or even a sticky, but they make a new one anyway. Everyone seems oblivious of the search feature on forums or that Google can usually get them the answers they're looking for.

Also want to point out, most of the fault for the bad connections are on the user's end. As for the some of the errors, it's the lack of ram and processor speeds of the consoles. So I understand TRION trying to do what they can, but they only have so much hardware power to work with where the consoles are concerned. So it's not entirely their fault.Interesting input.

If you had taken the time to look through the last posts concerning this issue, you would see that Trion finally admitted that a lot of the problems they were blaming on "our connections and hardware" were indeed false. This is backed up with the fact that I can play another online game for several hours without a single DC or hardfreeze. I'm using the same console and internet connection to play both, so if it's a hardware or connectivity issue, why does it only affect Defiance gameplay and not the other?

That aside, {as it really is very old news}, I know that the team is doing what they can. PT and I have been working together on this for several months.

TheStigsCousin
01-07-2015, 08:14 PM
My comment about the bad connections being on the user's end was meant for Xbox in general, not specifically to Defiance.
For example, for many months I couldn't connect to several multiplayer games on the xbox. I would always either not be able to connect or have frequent disconnections. I finally decided I would call my isp and try to get a higher speed connection, thinking that was my problem. At the time when I got my internet, the fastest available in my area was a 3mb connection. They finally offered a 10mb connection so I called to get it upgraded. When the tech came out, he found lots of wiring issues in my home and in the box at the street. Once those were repaired my connection improved dramatically and I finally had a stable connection. Also some people don't know that a wireless connection isn't always the most stable. I have also noticed that most multiplayer games on Xbox have a limit to the number of players connected to a lobby or server, especially those with graphic intensive games like Forza Motorsports for example. This was what I meant by that comment.
Also, I very rarely get a time out or disconnect while playing Defiance and I sometimes have it running for 6 hours or more. Yes I know, I need to get a life :D

konstantinov
01-07-2015, 08:24 PM
My comment about the bad connections being on the user's end was meant for Xbox in general, not specifically to Defiance.
For example, for many months I couldn't connect to several multiplayer games on the xbox. I would always either not be able to connect or have frequent disconnections. I finally decided I would call my isp and try to get a higher speed connection, thinking that was my problem. At the time when I got my internet, the fastest available in my area was a 3mb connection. They finally offered a 10mb connection so I called to get it upgraded. When the tech came out, he found lots of wiring issues in my home and in the box at the street. Once those were repaired my connection improved dramatically and I finally had a stable connection. Also some people don't know that a wireless connection isn't always the most stable. I have also noticed that most multiplayer games on Xbox have a limit to the number of players connected to a lobby or server, especially those with graphic intensive games like Forza Motorsports for example. This was what I meant by that comment.
Also, I very rarely get a time out or disconnect while playing Defiance and I sometimes have it running for 6 hours or more. Yes I know, I need to get a life :D

ps3 has always had the most problems. I and many others have gotten a hard freeze then restarted ps3 and when you load into Defiance another hard freeze. Some people have even said that hard freezes have corrupted their hard drive. I can not confirm or deny that though. If you go afk for 30 mins or longer you can expect to come back to a server time out regardless of how long you have been on the game.

Duke5150
01-08-2015, 06:22 AM

I don't know if annoying them with a flood of threads would do any good, but this problem needs to be fixed as soon as possible. The game has too many glitches or bugs or whatever, as it. Being kicked off the game eight to ten times a day, or more, is beyond annoying. Especially when there's loot on the ground, and a disconnect robs me of my drops. And getting a DC during a co-op map, when I finally find a good enough team to do pursuits. That really sucks the fun out of the game, for me. I won't even go into how being hit by lightning damage mimics lag, because my hud disappears in both cases. I despise the lightning effect.

ps3 has always had the most problems. I and many others have gotten a hard freeze then restarted ps3 and when you load into Defiance another hard freeze. Some people have even said that hard freezes have corrupted their hard drive. I can not confirm or deny that though. If you go afk for 30 mins or longer you can expect to come back to a server time out regardless of how long you have been on the game.

Defiance has locked my system twice, so far, and if it does it again, I'll stop playing it. I won't risk my hard drive data to play a game. My rpg save data has a ridiculous amount of time invested into them, and losing that data isn't worth the "enjoyment" of playing defiance. (yes, I need to back up all my save data, but that's over 100 games...) But, I do not know if defiance is the actual cause of the lock ups. Both freezes happened during the playstation network malfunction/attack over the holiday. Since then, no lock ups.

I'll also include that I do not get a 30 minute window before I get a time out. If I walk away from defiance for 3-5 minutes, I get disconnected every time. I run 5mbps and often play via wifi, which works fine for most of my other games. The problems I experience with defiance, lag, are persistent, even when I connect my modem/router directly into my console.

I don't buy games all that often. I have priority expenses and other interests that take the majority of my "fun-money", but I have been looking into getting something new since diablo 3 ultimate evil barely holds my interest, and most of my other games are aging out and under to un-populated. Defiance was a ftp test drive, and I had what fun I could while doing the story lines. But the bugs, lag and disconnects, along with the unique issues that ALL of my controllers have with defiance, are pushing me away from spending money on this game. I would have liked to buy the collector's edition and the DLC, but if I cannot even play the game with a single controller, experience the cradle to the grave story line, finish my pursuits due to bugs, or compete in pvp without also contending with the ultimate foe, lag, then my next game purchase probably won't be defiance. It's ftp, so why spend money on it while it's broken, when I can play it for free. At least until I get so annoyed that I switch to something more player friendly.

Sorry for the long post, but this game has really frustrated me. The cash shop works perfectly fine, from what I hear, but the game itself is busted and I'm not seeing any emergency patches to fix it. Trion, please fix your broken game. I want to give you my money, but it just isn't working for me. Thanks.

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-08-2015, 06:46 AM
This game has been hardfreezing COUNTLESS ps3s since launch. Ps3 is plagued with dc and hardfreezes. You should have seen how many threads have been started about it over the past 2 years. Its pointless at this point. Trion sure knows about it. Theyve denied its thier games fault countless times over the years. But by now im pretty sure theyre aware were not all liars.lol.

From launch day this is the ONLY game to ever hardfreeze my ps3, , and it still does it ten times per 5 hour session. About twice per hour. No other game, disc or digital has ever done it. Sony has a whole databank of hundreds of thousands of console error reports by now,lol.

It doesnt even bother me anymore, as soon as it happens I press eject, the disk pops out, and the console restarts by itself, put disk back in and game on.

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-08-2015, 06:53 AM
I was keeping a daily log and sharing it with PT and Kiwi. They know the issues are there and especially so with the consoles.

They are constantly working on the problem, but with the skeleton crew they're dealing with, it seems like they aren't.

i thought about starting a thread for ppl to post into whenever a dc or hardfreeze occurred, similar to the thread I started back in the day about the Northpoint Volge Siege. It seemed to help. Of course, the forum and game had A LOT more ppl active.

There actually is an original thread made for hardfreezes from a long time ago. Ppl were asked to post in it when it happened and if you remembered what you were doing when it happened. Ill try to dig it up for ya.

CH13F
01-08-2015, 09:42 AM
(a pc player here)

i been playing like since 5 days. i simply liked the crime,thriller,scifi lore mixture of this title. much better than firefall or planetside's lores. therefore i supported the company with some greens. but of course ,support a title as much as you want, it still doesnt mean its gonna be a smooth ride (experience).

my biggest problem is that connection issue. yesterday i was soloing a minor arkfall, it took me like half an hour to reach last boss, which was a living enviromental suit or smth. i decreased its hp to %10 after a long fight without dying. then boom, dced. all progress/effort gone.my mouth left open like that, i was speechless. well it wasnt easy for me,because i think the rating difference was too high between mobs and me.shortly, that really dissapointed me.

of course it was first time for me, maybe the first of many to come. by the look of it, most of you already got used to it. still ,it should be properly adressed and get fixed soon. god knows how many total purple drops people missed due to this "connection" issue since last 6 months. (if im not mistaken , this game released last june?)

Fallen_Aingeal
01-08-2015, 11:21 AM
There actually is an original thread made for hardfreezes from a long time ago. Ppl were asked to post in it when it happened and if you remembered what you were doing when it happened. Ill try to dig it up for ya.Come to think of it, I do remember that. I also remember posting to it daily. LOL

Fallen_Aingeal
01-08-2015, 11:24 AM
(a pc player here)

i been playing like since 5 days. i simply liked the crime,thriller,scifi lore mixture of this title. much better than firefall or planetside's lores. therefore i supported the company with some greens. but of course ,support a title as much as you want, it still doesnt mean its gonna be a smooth ride (experience).

my biggest problem is that connection issue. yesterday i was soloing a minor arkfall, it took me like half an hour to reach last boss, which was a living enviromental suit or smth. i decreased its hp to %10 after a long fight without dying. then boom, dced. all progress/effort gone.my mouth left open like that, i was speechless. well it wasnt easy for me,because i think the rating difference was too high between mobs and me.shortly, that really dissapointed me.

of course it was first time for me, maybe the first of many to come. by the look of it, most of you already got used to it. still ,it should be properly adressed and get fixed soon. god knows how many total purple drops people missed due to this "connection" issue since last 6 months. (if im not mistaken , this game released last june?)Released April of 2013.

And, they have been constantly working on it since then.

They have made some strides. You wouldn't have continued playing if you were PS3 during the summer and fall of 2013. I'm just a glutton for punishment. LOL!