PDA

View Full Version : Listen people and Trion

Komi
04-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Ok, for those of you who are unfamiliar with MMO launches here's a bit of advice.

First of all the launch is going to be very rocky as we have already seen. These things usually take a week or so to stabilize so just he patient. In my opinion this is already one of the best titles for Xbox or Playstation. PC maybe not.

Trion is experienced in MMOs via Rift. Trust that they will figure these problems out and get them fixed.

I wasn't an avid player of Rift but I will surely be of Defiance so Trion I hope you do get this rocky start moving along. You guys have hit the jackpot with this game as far as consoles go.

Ark zeinfield
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
See all the crying is from people that are new to mmo games and 360 people are not use to this as for me i am a old eq2 player and this down time is good time for Trion to fix stuff :D.

AddictedNoob
04-04-2013, 10:44 AM
We all know, no need to make a thread other people have stated in other threads that died off already.

Magiksan
Ok, for those of you who are unfamiliar with MMO launches here's a bit of advice.

First of all the launch is going to be very rocky as we have already seen. These things usually take a week or so to stabilize so just he patient. In my opinion this is already one of the best titles for Xbox or Playstation. PC maybe not.

Trion is experienced in MMOs via Rift. Trust that they will figure these problems out and get them fixed.

I wasn't an avid player of Rift but I will surely be of Defiance so Trion I hope you do get this rocky start moving along. You guys have hit the jackpot with this game as far as consoles go.

Rift sucked.. the launch was great but the game itself was terrible. They over expected people for the game. This game they expected less people. About a week half the players will quit and just wait for destiny due to reliability and than look at Trion as one of the crappy game developers.

Patience isn't something that you have with a company that should have the proper experience. I saw military servers build better and them things are made by the lowest bidder!

Mentalist

i understand the frequent server drops and what not. but what trion needs to understand is that this game is also on xbox a console which has seen very few MMOs Meaning alot of their layer base doesnt understand the start of a new MMO leading them to lose TONs of player base. they really need to start being more on top of letting people know when and what their doing with the servers before they lose to much of their console fan base causing game to die fast.

Kirito 182
04-04-2013, 10:48 AM
Mentalist is right they need to stay on top of these things, if ive learned one thing about being on a console for all these years it is that they are not very patient with these things, when stuff like this happens they rage or sell the game because they are not used to server downtime like people on the PC.... Of course this is not true for all console users but a big majority of them.

lawacr

Rift did not do all that well guy so I do not know what you mean by that.

Ark zeinfield
Destiny will be the same as this with down time god did you not play halo reach day one lol.

Boogey Man
04-04-2013, 10:49 AM
i understand the frequent server drops and what not. but what trion needs to understand is that this game is also on xbox a console which has seen very few MMOs Meaning alot of their layer base doesnt understand the start of a new MMO leading them to lose TONs of player base. they really need to start being more on top of letting people know when and what their doing with the servers before they lose to much of their console fan base causing game to die fast.

Well said.

HEROxWildman
04-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Dear Easter Bunny,
Since you have nothing to do now, can you make the servers run better, so we all can get along.

P.S. tell the mod. of this site to loosen up a bit, too.

Thanks,
Person sitting here looking at a Critical notice on my screen

Mentalist
04-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Dear Easter Bunny,
Since you have nothing to do now, can you make the servers run better, so we all can get along.

P.S. tell the mod. of this site to loosen up a bit, too.

Thanks,
Person sitting here looking at a Critical notice on my screen

lol if only. all our problem would be fixed!

Ark zeinfield
04-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Plus this game did not have a down time like sim city did people so yep i can deal with this down time easy.

filo death lord
04-04-2013, 10:53 AM
yes mmo's start ups are rough at best but they have lvled gear which is missing and in between all the disconnects the lag is getting better just the ark falls and inital loading seem to still lag

BlindAsylum
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
I can't help but chuckle at how many people threw a fit about the downtime considering it was in the middle of the night on day 2. It got to the point where I stopped reading all the BS and just scanned the pages for a note from Sledgehammer when I got home from work a little while ago.

But like everybody else has said, these problems happen on a regular basis to MMOs. Star Wars: The Old Republic had similar problems in its first couple days, and lost at least 400,000 subscribers in the first month as a result. It really sucks that people lack the patience to just give it a little time, 'cause now that game runs great. I expect the same from Trion and Defiance, given a little time to work out the kinks. Granted, if all the impatient folks rush back to the store to sell their copy, it will most definitely help the server out in the long run. But it will conversely hurt the overall game experience with fewer players in any one particular area. That's what happened with The Old Republic before they consolidated 95% of their servers.

But like a buddy of mine said yesterday, hopefully all major problems will be fixed by the time the TV show starts up, so a lot of those people will come back.

Kaoslion
04-04-2013, 11:18 AM
The only thing Trion is guilty of is not allowing enough beta time for the consoles. Once things are hammered out the game is very very fun. Xbox 360 has a hard dealing with any player combination over 12. That's the reason you hardly see FPS (first person shooters) give massive battles cause the consoles just can't keep up with decent frame rates. Xbox live also bottles your 360 to only allowing a download speed of up too 5mb and I believe the upload is 1.5mb so its not ganky ISP's either. It is just the restrictions on the consoles that make mmo's so hard to keep them on par with PC's.

I beta tested through all three phases on PC and also console. I also was part of Alpha. When the game came out for demo on xbox live the lag and connection issues were there. They fixed them promptly but the number of demo players vs's the number of people who bought it stressed out the servers even more so they are just having to play catch up.

BlindAsylum
04-04-2013, 11:56 AM
The only thing Trion is guilty of is not allowing enough beta time for the consoles.

I imagine the problem was that they had to meet a deadline for the game to coincide with the release of the TV show in two weeks (the 15th I think?). You could be right though that that just left them with nowhere near as much time to really work out the kinks through beta testing.

Old97
04-04-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm sure the TV show debut had a lot to do with the release schedule, unfortunately.

As primarily a console gamer, I can attest to the fact that most are pretty impatient.

They just pop in the game disc and play. That's usually the way it goes. Quick and simple.

I do like that about consoles; it almost makes up for a lot of their deficiences. Plus I'm lazy. Consoles appeal to the lazy folks.

So it's no wonder that the console people are up in arms about the delays and crashes. Comes with the territory.

Kaoslion
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
The console and PC player bases will become more blurred though. Especially with PC games making game pads a main staple in their games now.