PDA

View Full Version : KEYCODES - Pricing and what bothers me

OMERTA
01-08-2015, 05:53 AM
So this thing has been bothering me quite some time now. Isn't the idea of buying a bundle supposed to be cheaper? Like take three pay for two? That is not exactly the price difference im after, but I think it should atleast be cheaper to buy 5 or 10 keycodes to have this feature. Otherwise we could just have the 5000scrip key code option.

So what do you guys think? Am I wrong or just beeing a scrooge?

Example of my thinking

Keycode - 5.000sc
5 Keycodes - 20.000sc
10 Keycodes - 40.000sc
25 Keycodes - 100.000sc

The way it is now is just timesaving and comfortable instead of practical. You could just press the single key code for the same price as the other options. If it were to change I think more people would be thinking more about saving scrip to buy more Keycodes.

OMERTA
01-08-2015, 05:55 AM
MOD might want to put this in the suggestion folder. Might fit better there

Dixie Cougar
01-08-2015, 06:18 AM
Discounting the bundles would be kind of nice. Bear in mind:

1. It used to be much cheaper, 1k scrip per key cheaper (or even cost only salvage)--that was pre f2p, although I don't know who the hell would ever spend real money on plain t4 boxes
2. It is a terrible deal right now, so a small discount wouldn't save it
3. Any UI feature that saves unnecessary clicking is good

Duke5150
01-08-2015, 06:39 AM
I think keycodes are really, really expensive. I don't buy them unless I only need one for the expert box. I've opened about twenty, give or take a few, and more often than not, I get greens and blues, with the rare purple. I hear you can get legendary items, but I cannot imagine how many boxes I'd have to open for a single orange. 50/1? Being lower than max ego has also deterred me from really working to open as many boxes as possible, since the items cost so much forge to upgrade and forge isn't the easiest currency to grind.

I'd be interested to see if it's actually cheaper, in the long run, to just buy the legendary items and mods from other players, rather than bother with lock boxes. I'm guessing it is, when it comes to the espionage lock box.

Tura Satana
01-08-2015, 07:44 AM
The only thing I'm still opening elite boxes for are orange grenades. Oh and cuz sometimes you get arkforge. I love arkforge. I just can't get enough of that stuff.

konstantinov
01-08-2015, 07:49 AM
heres a timeline

Beginning - free
Later on - charged scrip
Later on - back to free
Now- charging loads of scrip

I think they did this because scrip had such little value. Scrip is still pretty useless right now. I have a good amount and nothing to spend it on

Tura Satana
01-08-2015, 07:52 AM
Yet you still charged me 400k for that mod. Shameless.

OMERTA
01-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Yeah but sure they can have the system that is right now but just make it worth buying more, like in the bit store if u buy more bits u get discount or more bits whatever. It should be paying out to buy more items :/

OMERTA
01-08-2015, 09:06 AM

Haha ^^ touché

cmpowell
01-08-2015, 09:26 AM
So this thing has been bothering me quite some time now. Isn't the idea of buying a bundle supposed to be cheaper? Like take three pay for two? That is not exactly the price difference im after, but I think it should atleast be cheaper to buy 5 or 10 keycodes to have this feature. Otherwise we could just have the 5000scrip key code option.

So what do you guys think? Am I wrong or just beeing a scrooge?

Example of my thinking

Keycode - 5.000sc
5 Keycodes - 20.000sc
10 Keycodes - 40.000sc
25 Keycodes - 100.000sc

The way it is now is just timesaving and comfortable instead of practical. You could just press the single key code for the same price as the other options. If it were to change I think more people would be thinking more about saving scrip to buy more Keycodes.

I think your interpreting this wrong. this isn't to make key codes easier to get more for your money, but so you don't have to constantly click the buy 1 key code button 10 times

OMERTA
01-08-2015, 09:35 AM
I understand that but it would be funnier to get more for the scrip. Like I wrote in my text its for the comfort but it would feel more accurate if it was a discount on buying more :)

cmpowell
01-08-2015, 09:44 AM
I understand that but it would be funnier to get more for the scrip. Like I wrote in my text its for the comfort but it would feel more accurate if it was a discount on buying more :)

I'm guessing your weren't in game when you could get 20 key codes from an ark fall or 40 from a WM. The devs changed the scoring system to prevent ppl from getting key codes so easy and getting so many oj claiming "there were too many in the game", lol. It would be more fun to get more for your scrip, but then you end up going back to too easy to get key codes i think

squidgod2000
01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
I think your interpreting this wrong. this isn't to make key codes easier to get more for your money, but so you don't have to constantly click the buy 1 key code button 10 times

This. It's the only reason the bundles were added.

konstantinov
01-08-2015, 10:12 AM

I can't give everything away for free but I seem to recall giving you a OJ 2x DMG stalker volge typhoon for free.

OMERTA
01-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Rebounds and scores :)

Fallen_Aingeal
01-08-2015, 11:05 AM
heres a timeline

Beginning - free
Later on - charged scrip
Later on - back to free
Now- charging loads of scrip

I think they did this because scrip had such little value. Scrip is still pretty useless right now. I have a good amount and nothing to spend it onThey also did it because ppl were pulling oj's like blues!

I remember a time when I was pulling 2-3 T4 boxes an hour. Now, I'm lucky to pull 1 a day. Course, I don't play near as long as I used to.

Tura Satana
01-08-2015, 01:51 PM
I can't give everything away for free but I seem to recall giving you a OJ 2x DMG stalker volge typhoon for free.

Yes you did. Thank you. :P

konstantinov
01-08-2015, 10:27 PM
They also did it because ppl were pulling oj's like blues!

I remember a time when I was pulling 2-3 T4 boxes an hour. Now, I'm lucky to pull 1 a day. Course, I don't play near as long as I used to.

I bought loads of T2 boxes before the nerf and I average maybe 1-2 T4 boxes a week if I actually play the game and not stand around at overpass.

Yes you did. Thank you. :P

I may give away some more stuff here shortly.

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-08-2015, 11:31 PM
I remember when keycodes only cost 1000 salvage. And no scrip

http://defiancemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Defiance-Best-Lock-Boxes.jpg

OMERTA
01-09-2015, 07:03 PM
I remember when keycodes only cost 1000 salvage. And no scrip

http://defiancemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Defiance-Best-Lock-Boxes.jpg

But that pic shows scrip ^^

Edit
Saw it now *facepalm* tired