PDA

View Full Version : Why do we spend real money on lockboxes again?

XCL Grindin
01-09-2015, 04:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g41QX0tDq0 I've just started playing the game again. So I figured why not try out a coupe of the lockboxes for some new gear? What did I do that??? Comments are always welcomed. :)

Gai
01-09-2015, 04:51 PM
It's a trap lol, only thing I use bits on are costumes and vehicles.

brokenshield
01-09-2015, 04:54 PM
For the same reason people play the lottery?

Gai
01-09-2015, 05:00 PM
For the same reason people play the lottery?

The lottery is cheap though xD low risk high reward.

XCL Grindin
01-09-2015, 05:03 PM
The lottery is cheap though xD low risk high reward.
LOL, I totally agree sir..

hardy83
01-09-2015, 05:09 PM
It's like gambling but dumb lol.

You do it because like gambling there's a psychological desire to win that F2P game makers take advantage of.
The desire to be a big winner even though the chances are stupid low.

If you want to support Trion buy the DLC or get an outfit.
Don't fall for the RNG temptation.

Brindled
01-09-2015, 05:09 PM
Every time I've bought one after purchasing some bits I only remind myself why I shouldn't. The odds are not and never have been in my favor concerning lock boxes, in general.

Ryker Vorton
01-09-2015, 05:55 PM
uhm... dunno... i don't do that

Tura Satana
01-09-2015, 06:20 PM
Its when you SEE someone with that outfit.. one that you can ONLY GET from a bit box. And you're like "ugh.. I want that!" So then you say to yourself.. "ok just once. Maybe I'll get lucky." Of course, you don't. And you don't get a decent weapon either. And you feel totally disappointed and frustrated that you wasted real money on nothing. And you say "I'm never doing that again."

Then some time passes by.. you're playing the game, minding your own business. And you see someone standing around the vendor, and what are they wearing? An outfit that you can ONLY GET from a bit box. And further more, it looks awesome. And you say "ugh.. I want that!" And so it begins anew. Its a circle of evil that never ends.

RKZX2
01-09-2015, 07:12 PM
so far i have gotten 3 great items from lockbox
oj frags
oj Quick Repeater
oj VOT Fragger ( my fav shotgun ever!)

Dope Dealer
01-09-2015, 10:23 PM
I spent money on Hellfire Lockboxes because I got tired of seeing the Hulkers health bar draining so fast from another persons damage.

I was lucky enough to get the Demon Hunter pistol and the Wolfman SMG. I put the best T4 mods on them, but I still can not make as much damage as some other people...even when I'm going HAM on the crit spots. I'm using all of the perks for damage too, so I know that "perks" isn't an issue. Maybe it's because I'm ego 5400. I just can't see how ego 5900 is going to make that much of a difference.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

lingeredshade
01-10-2015, 12:57 AM
I've been getting the little cheap lockboxes that you can buy with keycodes and scrip. The F2P version has a cap of 50 keycodes so I buy one or two every time I hit that. Haven't gotten anything noteworthy, iirc most of my best stuff was dropped.

So yeah. If I spend real money it'll be just out of love for the game/show and a willingness to support it. Thinking about getting the season pass, which is noteworthy because I've been playing for a month and still haven't finished the core stories. Not only has the game lasted that long but I still enjoy it more than most anything else on 360. So those are pluses all around.

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 01:15 AM
I spent money on Hellfire Lockboxes because I got tired of seeing the Hulkers health bar draining so fast from another persons damage.

I was lucky enough to get the Demon Hunter pistol and the Wolfman SMG. I put the best T4 mods on them, but I still can not make as much damage as some other people...even when I'm going HAM on the crit spots. I'm using all of the perks for damage too, so I know that "perks" isn't an issue. Maybe it's because I'm ego 5400. I just can't see how ego 5900 is going to make that much of a difference.

The crit spots are great spots for shooting with a wolfhound or wildcat. Some people can roll over million damage in one shot.

Midnight
01-10-2015, 01:57 AM

You're making sure to upgrade the ego as soon as you get 100 points over it? Check out your weapons crit multiplier...i always try to use weapons with at least a 2x crit...damage levels off at 5600 or so for the most part

Oktharr
01-10-2015, 03:41 AM
Well you did pick the mostly F2P one still. I was hoping you would do the only bits one, or the 65 keys one.

Duke_Shambles
01-10-2015, 04:53 AM
I spent a little cash to upgrade my key code cap. now when i want to hit up a decent lock box, i don't have to spend cash.