PDA

View Full Version : Done with Main/Season missions...

Praxus07
01-09-2015, 09:06 PM
What should I be grinding on now. The many side missions or just running the minor/major arkfall? I'm at ego 1003, so wanting to maximize my playtime, which is usually three or four hours max per night.

Gai
01-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Warmaster, sieges and incursions.

NightmareAlonzo
01-09-2015, 09:27 PM
........n/m

Graywolfe
01-09-2015, 09:56 PM
What should I be grinding on now. The many side missions or just running the minor/major arkfall? I'm at ego 1003, so wanting to maximize my playtime, which is usually three or four hours max per night.

How did you finish and be at EGO 1003? I am at EGO 1600 and i am not even half way through yet.

Atticus Batman
01-09-2015, 09:57 PM
How did you finish and be at EGO 1003? I am at EGO 1600 and i am not even half way through yet.

That is probably ALL he did.

Graywolfe
01-09-2015, 10:03 PM
I guess so, well everyone has fun a different way. I just like taking my time and going slow. :)

Midnight
01-09-2015, 10:08 PM
To each their own I guess...I found it much more fun to do the side missions that popped up between each main mission...of course when you pay $60 for a game, I find stretching out the story to be a good idea...

Praxus07
01-10-2015, 06:25 AM
That is all I did, with the exception of solstice strikes. Went through the main storyline missions first, then did season one and just finished season two yesterday. Can't imagine the chore it's going to be getting from 1000 to 2000, let alone 5000.

BenXFrank
01-10-2015, 06:53 AM
You can start right off and take a look at your pursuits (press "J" in-game).

stefb42
01-10-2015, 07:41 AM
When I played this game at release the only way i had to get to san Fran was to kill the monolith, which meant playing the storyline, i was around ego 400ish when i killed nim, still had pretty much every pursuit to do so wasn't exactly left with nothing to do

Praxus07
01-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Pursuits, I'm not sure I'm going to be actively doing those. They look exceptionally tedious to go after completing. Guess I'll work my across the map doing side missions till those are done.

Symbiosis2099
01-10-2015, 08:56 AM
Pursuits, I'm not sure I'm going to be actively doing those. They look exceptionally tedious to go after completing. Guess I'll work my across the map doing side missions till those are done.

Some of them are kind of a pain, however, it's the only way to make it to 5900

Leprochaun
01-10-2015, 09:13 AM
The pursuits aren't too bad. You'll probably end up getting quite a few naturally or with just a tiny bit of effort on your part. Then maybe you'll be left with 40 or 50 that require some work/luck. They're a really good way to boost your ego up too.

stefb42
01-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Pursuits are pretty boring, working through them on my new player, I start with the easy stuff, time trials then hotshots and rampages as these tick a lot of pursuit boxes off, now I'm just working my way through the area pursuits that are left, given that area pursuits consist mostly of a time trial, hotshot, rampage and story progression, I find that most area pursuits only require a couple of side missions to complete them

KingNephilim
01-10-2015, 09:47 AM

Actually... I found them to be the opposite. It gives you a sense of direction, similar to the main & season missions. You're working towards different goals, exploring different things in the game & allowing yourself to be challenged. Why not try using only a sawed off shot gun or bolt action sniper rifle to do all the side missions? That way you'd be killing three birds with one stone (since you'd be working towards the 5000 weapon kills & also be raising your weapon skill level).

Plus, raising your character level with pursuits is much less boring than just grinding xp, to me anyway.

Lunch Box
01-10-2015, 10:27 AM
The next thing I did after finishing all the story missions was do incursions, arkfalls and sieges in order to max out all the weapon masteries. Started with the weapons I didn't like the most (sawed off, bmg, infectors) to get them out of the way and then moved on to the weapons I liked. Grind baby grind...

You get a lot of xp that way as well.

vash2x60billion
01-10-2015, 11:33 AM
You have to try co-op and the shadow wars. I completed all the main missions but its a crap load of pursuits and weekly daily missions. Do what i did.....just start pressing buttons.

Tura Satana
01-10-2015, 01:49 PM
I never considered anything in this game to be a grind, with exception of Snipe from the Shadows 3. In fact I wish I could of slowed my ego gain. I went through story mode only a little at a time. Probably didn't finish it till almost 4000. And I hardly did any side missions either.

I just did different things. Arkfalls, arkbreaks, swarms, roadside emergencies, contracts. I worked on pursuits that had outfits I wanted to unlock. Like the co-op maps. Easy to complete those pursuits and have something to show for it. Don't worry about your weapon level. If you are playing the game and having fun it will come. Hope you have a friend or two to play with as this only makes playing that much better.

Praxus07
01-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks for all the replies/info everyone...

Are time trials the timed driving coarse things? Completely failed the couple that I tried, said to myself that I'll not be doing those again. Failed not just from lack of skill, but slamming into things that only popup after I hit them. The lag in this game is insane.

PvP...I've never been good at it nor found it fun, so I always stay away from it in all games. I logged into shadow war once and died before I got myself oriented. Had to turn off the 360 to exit it. Co-op maps too, I wasn't planning on doing any of those. Sounds like the things I really don't want to do you actually have to do to progress, or not progress but max yourself.

I'll have to sift through the pursuits and see what's doable.

And no, no friends to play with sadly. None of my real life friends are gamers. My Xbox friends list consists of one person, my ex who just uses the 360 as a Netflix player. Since I don't participate in any PvP or anything like that with other games I've never made friends that way either. I don't even own a mic, that tells you lots right there lol.

Burned In Effigy
01-10-2015, 03:42 PM
That is all I did, with the exception of solstice strikes. Went through the main storyline missions first, then did season one and just finished season two yesterday. Can't imagine the chore it's going to be getting from 1000 to 2000, let alone 5000.

The jump from 1k to 2k you won't even notice. 4 hours a day I am currently at 2.5k with just doing ark falls and SV pursuits. Leveling up your weapons is super easy. Its basically when you stop gaining xp is when you hit what I call the " dead zone" to get to 5k.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 03:48 PM
When I played this game at release the only way i had to get to san Fran was to kill the monolith, which meant playing the storyline, i was around ego 400ish when i killed nim, still had pretty much every pursuit to do so wasn't exactly left with nothing to do

Wasn't there a raid of players trying to take down the monolith?What happened to them?Did they succeed?

stefb42
01-10-2015, 04:48 PM
That monolith, if you went anywhere near it before the storyline lead you there it would kill your ***, no way past it ( except to jump to a friend already in sf, none of mine had made it there) couldn't be fought, sneaked past, rushed past, cloaked past nothing, had to be beaten in storyline to get past it, even if 100 arkhunters had tried to take it down or get past, they all would have died, it basically was unkillable

This was back at a time when all instanced storyline stuff had to be done solo, there was no raid, no friends to help, it was you against -insert boss here- and before everything in the game was made easier

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 05:04 PM
That monolith, if you went anywhere near it before the storyline lead you there it would kill your ***, no way past it ( except to jump to a friend already in sf, none of mine had made it there) couldn't be fought, sneaked past, rushed past, cloaked past nothing, had to be beaten in storyline to get past it, even if 100 arkhunters had tried to take it down or get past, they all would have died, it basically was unkillable

This was back at a time when all instanced storyline stuff had to be done solo, there was no raid, no friends to help, it was you against -insert boss here- and before everything in the game was made easier

The bosses are easy when solo.

stefb42
01-10-2015, 05:31 PM
Yeah they are now, look back to the beginning of this forum, jackleg Joe posts and nim posts about their supposed difficulty, though they were pretty tough, this was also before ego scaling so you didn't get enemies scaled to your level or vice versa, and though threat levels didnt exist back then, the general feel of the game back then was equal about threat level 6 or 7 now, except now the only time you'll see threat level 6 solo is when you're over ego 5500 by which point everything is easy

Lol I remember when the progenitor used to take 15 minutes to kill sometimes, going through many repair cycles, now it just dies as soon as it opens, and a matron that was still alive by the time the players who cleared the final crystal arrived, roaming hulkers that would take 5-10 minutes to kill, same with monarchs, and when the volge first arrived....

Burned In Effigy
01-10-2015, 08:33 PM
I remember it took me 2.5 months to complete original storyline.