PDA

View Full Version : Top-Notch Griefer

Cael
04-04-2013, 11:06 AM
There is a guy griefing the main Top-Notch quest giver. He's had his challenger parked on top of the quest giver all morning. I have his name & account name in addition to a screenshot. Where do I report this too?

ironhands
04-04-2013, 11:07 AM
how is this an issue? aren't you able to just walk through his vehicle to the quest giver? Thought they disabled vehicle collision for this reason

EllmansWorld
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
how is this an issue? aren't you able to just walk through his vehicle to the quest giver? Thought they disabled vehicle collision for this reason

It should be fixed with the disabled collision

Cael
04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
It is not. You cannot access to the quest giver even if you walk through the vehicle. Go there and see for yourself.

ironhands
04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
strange, thought that would never be an issue. guess you'll have to submit a ticket - https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ask

also, have you logged in/out? maybe it's just a ghost car

Cael
04-04-2013, 11:21 AM
strange, thought that would never be an issue. guess you'll have to submit a ticket - https://support.trionworlds.com/app/ask

also, have you logged in/out? maybe it's just a ghost car
Yeah I have tried that. It's not just me. About 12 people standing around him. Nobody can access the quest.

He popped out of the car for about 5 seconds. I got a screenshot of his name/info. Just don't know who to report him to.

DustOfDeath
04-04-2013, 11:34 AM
did u try relogging - might end up in a different shard/instance

Cael
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
did u try relogging - might end up in a different shard/instance
Yes. Tried that too. Several people standing around trying different things. He's been doing this for 3+ hours now.

Oddy
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
They haven't fixed the collision as of earlier today. The same happens when other players are standing over a pick up in an ark fall. On top of this issue I believe they should make it to where vehicles are forbidden inside the ark fall radius. I'm tired of people parking their car on the shard and not being able to see where the holes are being made. There were easily 7 cars parked on one last night. You also have to worry about the players that just want to mess up the ark falls which ride around in circles killing all the skitterlings so they won't form holes. I know I know . . . there will always be a**holes in the game, but they could limit their capability.

ironhands
04-04-2013, 11:50 AM
probably be easier to have the shards cause damage on impact, so vehicles would explode. as for the skitterlings, there's a good chance some players still haven't figured out that they shouldn't be killed. though, i do like your theory :P

I usually drive full force into an arkfall when it's in progress, straight into the biggest bug i see.

Cael
04-04-2013, 12:42 PM
A couple more people here have filed tickets. Waiting to hear back.

ironhands
04-04-2013, 12:44 PM
sledge is on it, someone posted somewhere else and has his attention

Cael
04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Thank goodness!

Raogrimm
04-04-2013, 12:46 PM
http://postimg.org/image/mtno2npkn/

Here is a picture of the issue.

Kaoslion
04-04-2013, 12:53 PM
They should have a vehicle damaging field as wide as the arkfall ring.

Cael
04-04-2013, 01:04 PM
Going on at least 4+ hours now. This is ridiculous.

Other threads on this:
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?19339-Player-Blocking-Mission-NPC-with-his-Car-(Distress-Call-Mission)&p=202640&posted=1#post202640
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?19356-DEV-Help-Please-Player-Griefing-using-Auto-to-block-Mission-Giver/page2

djin
04-04-2013, 01:20 PM
I don't see how people resort to doing something so lowly as this. Hope things get sorted out soon. I feel for you.

Cael
04-04-2013, 02:30 PM
He is still there.

I reported him directly to Trion Support. I had to wait in a 2 hour support queue. They said "I will investigate the matter immediately. You will not hear back specifically regarding this issue as our violation procedures are confidential."

I will CC this to the other threads.

ProgramG
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
ive actually done this to myself a few times, jump out of the vehicle too late and the vehicle will roll on top of quest objective or quest giver, you have to get in your car and move it before you can interact with it

Roflmaowtf
04-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Who pays for a game just to do this sort of thing for hours on end? I feel sorry for that guy and his lack of a life.

Keverettusps
04-04-2013, 03:15 PM
The good news is since the server is down he wont be there lol

Technodude
04-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Players like him should be banned permanently. There is no excuse for such behavior.

Strontium Dog
04-04-2013, 03:25 PM
If you jump out your car and it rolls over an ammo box etc then just hit V and summon instantly to the side. No need to jump back in :p

As for this guy, wtf is he so bored and utterly utterly fed up to buy the game then do this. Not even like hes ram raiding arkfalls etc. Just sitting there. He must be moving or doing something to stop him getting booted afk etc too