PDA

View Full Version : Question about my shield.....

jremarks
01-09-2015, 11:34 PM
So I got this Tachyon shield at around 520 Ego or something and noticed it had a much larger capacity than anything I was getting even hitting 1500+ Ego. I have kept it and kept upgrading it to my current Ego level, I have another Green Tachyon shield I looted for comparison.

Question is, is it worth keeping this and upgrading it too Legendary when I am a much higher level? Thanks

Atticus Batman
01-10-2015, 12:19 AM
So I got this Tachyon shield at around 520 Ego or something and noticed it had a much larger capacity than anything I was getting even hitting 1500+ Ego. I have kept it and kept upgrading it to my current Ego level, I have another Green Tachyon shield I looted for comparison.

Question is, is it worth keeping this and upgrading it too Legendary when I am a much higher level? Thanks

You can only upgrade gear one rarity, then it gets encrypted. So the only rarity than can be upgraded to Legendary is epic/purple.

jremarks
01-10-2015, 12:51 AM
You can only upgrade gear one rarity, then it gets encrypted. So the only rarity than can be upgraded to Legendary is epic/purple.

Ah well that kinda sucks, thanks for the info.

Moring
01-16-2015, 11:02 AM
just to keep all in one topic w/o cloning several similar threads:
on 270 lvl I picked up a blue shield, upgraded its lvl 3 times. now no matter what kind of shields I get - ironclad/rhino/white/green/blue/purple, etc. they have less capacity then my current shield. If I bring tachyon on my lvl it will have 4,2k capacity.
http://i62.tinypic.com/6qv3o7.jpg

Am I just so unlucky to get bad drops or was I lucky enough to get a good shield? should I spend AF to keep shield on lvl or later the capacity increase will go down to match with other shields on that lvl?
tyvm in advance.

Azimov
01-16-2015, 11:13 AM
just to keep all in one topic w/o cloning several similar threads:
on 270 lvl I picked up a blue shield, upgraded its lvl 3 times. now no matter what kind of shields I get - ironclad/rhino/white/green/blue/purple, etc. they have less capacity then my current shield. If I bring tachyon on my lvl it will have 4,2k capacity.
http://i62.tinypic.com/6qv3o7.jpg

Am I just so unlucky to get bad drops or was I lucky enough to get a good shield? should I spend AF to keep shield on lvl or later the capacity increase will go down to match with other shields on that lvl?
tyvm in advance.

You are comparing two different types of shields. Different shield types have different capacities, the ones that recharge faster or have special resistances generally have lower capacity than those that do not at the same power level.

Having said that though the number do look skewed. Compare it with another blue Tachyon to get a better picture of the actual difference.

Graywolfe
01-16-2015, 01:47 PM
I have been noticing something similar with the shields. I had a epic huricane that had a lower capacity than a green respark when it should of been the other way around. Check these 2 here. I raised up the tachyon cause it works really well for me and just got the rhino. The rhino by all rights should have the higher cap right?

Xaat Xuun
01-16-2015, 06:45 PM
around Thanksgiving, I see this
the lower level one was a mission reward, guess it's the same as a faction item, but without the faction type name on it.

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii601/XaatXuun/HurricaneIIwhat_zps0f9dc659.jpg

Major Crapshot
01-16-2015, 07:10 PM
You can find some really good info about shields on, of course, Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/shields.php).

SourceOfInfinity
01-16-2015, 10:28 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/6qv3o7.jpg did you get that tachyon reloader from a side mission? There is one particular side mission that has a blue shield with higher capacity than an OJ version of that same shield. type. I compared it to an OJ of same shield type with slightly higher ego and the OJ had a LOWER capacity than the blue one from the mission. even considering the additional armor plate, the OJ shield wasn't as good. it was a waste of 6 arkforge and an OJ shield :\

Moring
01-17-2015, 07:02 AM
You can find some really good info about shields on, of course, Defiance Data (http://www.defiancedata.com/shields.php).

yep, I triple-checked it, it says Ironclad has good capacity. I upgraded Tachion one (which is "average" according to DefianceData) and compared with Ironclad. something is not right:
http://i59.tinypic.com/1zmglzl.jpg

Probably I obtained Tachion from a side mission but that does not explain such a huge difference (or does it and I don't get the system behind it?)

Graywolfe
01-17-2015, 09:11 AM
I also asked about that Tachyon shield when i got it as i was wondering why it was so high. They said it was a special shield, hence why it can not be traded, and that any other tachyon shields i came across in the game should also be lower than it. To bad it isn't a purple and have regen instead of reload. If it did i would probably never get rid of it but i am sure i will find a better shield eventually.

BenXFrank
01-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Check the upper left corner. If it is encrypted of some kind u get a statboost.

BC001
01-17-2015, 02:01 PM
It does not have the encrypted symbol so it should be able to go to purple (if there is any point in doing that with a shield) before it encrypts. If it does not revert to a normal or something like that then promoting it to purple would give the purple level boost in capacity and the encryption boost, but whether it would be worth the mountain of arkforge to do it or not I have no idea (though I suspect not).

It sounds like it was intended to be a 'named' blue item but no one bothered to name it.

What mission does it come from?

Graywolfe
01-17-2015, 02:42 PM
Episode mission launching the cure .

BenXFrank
01-17-2015, 06:13 PM
An untradable item behaves like an encrypted one (statboost). i.e. Vendorstuff (TN Boomer)

cmpowell
01-17-2015, 06:39 PM
you also should not compare equipped items to non equipped items. It can give inaccurate stats.

I think that may only be weapons but you never know what kind of glitch is going on with trion

Moring
01-18-2015, 06:02 AM
you also should not compare equipped items to non equipped items. It can give inaccurate stats.

I think that may only be weapons but you never know what kind of glitch is going on with trion

I haven't unlocked all the perks yet but I cannot remember to see any that affects in a way shield capacity. if there is such a perk I would be glade to know its name.

It does not have the encrypted symbol so it should be able to go to purple (if there is any point in doing that with a shield) before it encrypts. If it does not revert to a normal or something like that then promoting it to purple would give the purple level boost in capacity and the encryption boost, but whether it would be worth the mountain of arkforge to do it or not I have no idea (though I suspect not).

so, in your opinion there is no point in quality upgrade as the stats can be screwed in a way that blue is better then purple? ty

Ryker Vorton
01-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Isn't that the tachyon shield from the Piper episode missions?

All shields given as reward from that series of missions are much much above capacity of any other shield in the game, so sad they can only be upgraded once (i still have my rhino stored, it has at least 10% higher capacity than my current OJ rhino).

I always believed that it would be nice if the mission rewards would increase one step in rarity for each replay tour, that way it would be more rewarding to repeat the storyline and the episode missions, and as these items are not tradeable it wouldn't have any negative effect in the game's "economy".

Moring
01-24-2015, 05:09 AM
Isn't that the tachyon shield from the Piper episode missions?

All shields given as reward from that series of missions are much much above capacity of any other shield in the game, so sad they can only be upgraded once (i still have my rhino stored, it has at least 10% higher capacity than my current OJ rhino).

I always believed that it would be nice if the mission rewards would increase one step in rarity for each replay tour, that way it would be more rewarding to repeat the storyline and the episode missions, and as these items are not tradeable it wouldn't have any negative effect in the game's "economy".

According to Etaew the shield is from "Launching the cure (http://www.defiancedata.com/mission.php?id=14)". Lookis like if you have it and like, you have to keep it (quality upgrade will only increase reloading to 90% from 85%) and make sure it's on your EGO-lvl.