PDA

View Full Version : This game has some serious issues, I want a refund..

Kriegson
04-04-2013, 11:10 AM
..on the time I haven't been able to spend playing it because I work for a living. Which is the only primary issue, being that I can't play it 24/7.
I demand my workplace refund me for the time spent not at leisure, and that tiron implant a device capable of allowing me to play the game at any given time. That is all.

I think I found a link to it here... Topic pertaining to thread (http://dagobah.net/flash/successful_troll_2.swf)

Deviliusrift
04-04-2013, 11:11 AM
same here =( but i bought it on steam and they dont give refunds >_>

UsuallyDope
04-04-2013, 11:15 AM
"Hey Trion, I'm new to MMO's and don't understand that launch weeks are notoriously buggy, give me my money back!"

MMO's always launch like this, WoW, EQ, EQ2, GW, Rift, etc. In a week you'll forget they ever happened. **** console kiddies are so impatient. Demand, demand, demand, that's all you do.

Kriegson
04-04-2013, 11:17 AM
I think I found a link to something that might be helpful, added to topic. Alternatively this is a great case study in how people reply only to the topic.

Major Nelson
04-04-2013, 11:18 AM
you guys dont realize that they are fixing the bugs that are occuring and its the first week and first major mmo for xbox give it a break and nobody cares if you return the game. after about a week they will be improving the servers and adding features

Kommissar Kaede
04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I think I found a link to something that might be helpful, added to topic.

I was gonna say something to the first guy, but yeah, I think you got em. Still, shoulda waited for more.

Overall, 8/10, good premise and execution, but you gave it away too soon

Of course, given the 3rd guy maybe I'm speaking too early as well, good job.

Kriegson
04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
I was gonna say something to the first guy, but yeah, I think you got em. Still, shoulda waited for more.

Overall, 8/10, good premise and execution, but you gave it away too soon

Of course, given the 3rd guy maybe I'm speaking too early as well, good job.

I'm banking on more people just replying to the title :P But good show sir, you win +1 interwebz

Pain
04-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Can you idiots quit posting "i wnt refond plss" threads. Trion doesn't handle that, you'll have to sell it to GameStop or something.

Yep, I replied to the title, sue me.

jonwes
:D

Uh, guys, you might want to actually read the OP again. With your irony hat on.
Does everyone just have copy and paste responses (pro and con, here) for these?

LOL.

PixieStix
Did any of you even read the damn post? He's mad he has to work and can't play ALL DAY. He's quite happy with the time he can play....

This is how you make yourself look foolish reading only the title.

Pain
04-04-2013, 11:21 AM
I read the OP, but misleading titles lead to this. Don't be so stupid.

Major Nelson
04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
well maybe he shouldnt play the first week the game came out because most mmos have to optimize servers

Jakeyy
No MMO's come out sterling perfect, bugs will happen and will be fixed, quitting means there will be less complaining dip****s throughout the game. Go for it.

jonwes
He was just having fun. I think the stupid part is people going off without bothering to actually try to understand what someone is saying. LOL.

Seriously, if everyone bothered to actually read conversations they'd save themselves from looking quite silly. They are STILL doing it. Just goes to show forums are largely a waste of people yelling out about things instead of actually having a conversation. Sigh.

Kriegson
04-04-2013, 11:24 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/14/140958/2300751-bb56d372_Thats_the_joke.jpeg

PixieStix

I believe the person who admits he replied to the title is the stupid one. Own up to the fact you jumped on the topic like a troll in heat. If you can't laugh at your own stupidity, I feel sorry for you.

Major Nelson
He was just having fun. I think the stupid part is people going off without bothering to actually try to understand what someone is saying. LOL.

S.W.A.T (secretly we ar trolls) (just made that up lol)

Kitten Mittons
04-04-2013, 11:25 AM
The hair trigger on some people is really something.

Pain
I believe the person who admits he replied to the title is the stupid one. Own up to the fact you jumped on the topic like a troll in heat. If you can't laugh at your own stupidity, I feel sorry for you.

Ignorance is bliss.

Buruko
..on the time I haven't been able to spend playing it because I work for a living. Which is the only primary issue, being that I can't play it 24/7.
I demand my workplace refund me for the time spent not at leisure, and that tiron implant a device capable of allowing me to play the game at any given time. That is all.

I think I found a link to it here... Topic pertaining to thread (http://dagobah.net/flash/successful_troll_2.swf)

10/10 I rolled a gut laugh out on this one, mainly cause reading the whole thread made it that much better. Wow some folks just... Wow.

PixieStix
04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Ignorance is bliss.

Sad way to go through life but whatever floats your boat.

DOOM996
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM

.............NO!

Kriegson
04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
.............NO!
What's with the long pause?

NarcoticDragoon
04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Wow, it's like nobody even bothered to read the post. :P

Kriegson
04-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Wow, it's like nobody even bothered to read the post. :P
I kno rite? Welcome to the 1%!

Sgtbash
04-04-2013, 11:31 AM
I think I found a link to something that might be helpful, added to topic. Alternatively this is a great case study in how people reply only to the topic.

Yeah they didn't even both to read your post, but I totally agree with you I need a Trion device implanted into me so I can play whilst I sleep.

FailedSeppuku
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
I agree, totally unacceptable i had to work today and that time could have been spent playing Defiance. Now i have to wait for this new small patch to download, how dare they make me wait whilst they fix the game.

0_d4RK_FaLLen
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
I would also like a way to feed my Defiance addiction while at work. Everyone posting in this thread that didn't bother to read OP, you should be ashamed of yourself.

BlueRaith
04-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I don't know. I think trivializing the frustration some people are facing in this game is just as bad as making the game out to be the worst thing ever. Personally, I can't even play the game because of patching issues. I'm hoping and praying that this download will finish and I can play the product I paid for. Don't get me wrong, I understand that this is an MMO and that MMOs have problems with launches, but I'm frankly surprised at the lack of communication for this issues and others.

After scouring this forum, all I could come up with was that Trion was aware of this issue in a general sticky that most people wouldn't notice and a sticky asking players to post their internet speed set up by a community manager, not anyone from development. I'm not asking for hourly updates on this or anything because that would be ridiculous, but this issue needs its own sticky that Trion can update as they see fit. Then at least it could be easy to find. It doesn't even need to be an open thread, as I've seen many forums post locked stickies about technical issues in the past and players unable to download the game is as major a technical issue as I can think of.

I won't ask for a refund if this issue is not resolved in a timely manner because I know I will not get one because of Steam and that this is how the industry works. I'll simply not buy another Trion game again.

P.S. I did read the OP and most of the rest of this thread. I'm just posting my complaint to show that some of them are indeed noteworthy and it is possible to be reasonable about it.

boosted gear
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I demand one of these devices trion!! you give them out to other people and not me I have pre ordered this game and I demand one!! thats it im going to cancell unless my device turns up.

Irres169
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
I am better than READING!!!!!

I don't have an Irony hat, was it one of the bonuses for UE? :D

Irres169
04-04-2013, 11:43 AM
I demand one of these devices trion!! you give them out to other people and not me I have pre ordered this game and I demand one!! thats it im going to cancell unless my device turns up.

Did you guys get to play yet? :D Today is day 3 so I will be hung over.

boosted gear
04-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Did you guys get to play yet? :D Today is day 3 so I will be hung over.

:( please do not mention the amazon problem.... i will only start to cry again I have been working really hard with my councillor and managed to go back to work again today. I wait every morning by the door and up to now no package.

Activating anti jealousey cloak!! :p

Wraith Shadow
04-04-2013, 11:48 AM
For me personally I dont have the op's pesky little "job" problem leaving me all the time in the world to play, the trouble with that is I bought this on the xbox and havent really been able to get on all that much. Id only prefer an implant if it works with other games as well, but if anything im enjoying this game and would never ask for a refund. As for every one else screaming refund, at worst I would just as for a free pc version and being able to transfer my character and stuff over. That way I would be able to get better visuals if they ever release the options for pc players.

Ifs a fun game and im enjoying it but sadly I would just like to be able to play it.... and with better graphics than im currently getting on the xbox...

DOOM996
04-04-2013, 11:49 AM
What's with the long pause?
You have to spend at least 10 characters lol...NO!