PDA

View Full Version : The best Charge Blade

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 11:38 AM
Hello,I'm trying to discover what is the best charge blade in terms of damage.So far,these are the one's that I want to compare:

-Chimera Fang
-Carving Knife
-Plague Blade
-Shanjyfio Blade
-OJ Primary Function
-OJ Castihan Charge Blade
-OJ Valyfio Blade

I would like to have this sorted in a list of rank since I would like to know which are the best blades.I'm sure that this will be informative to the community aswell.Thank you for reading. ;)

PS:How much is an EGO 1500 Carving Knife worth?

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 11:49 AM
Hello,I'm trying to discover what is the best charge blade in terms of damage.So far,these are the one's that I want to compare:

-Chimera Fang
-Carving Knife
-Plague Blade
-Shanjyfio Blade
-OJ Primary Function
-OJ Valyfio Blade

I would like to have this sorted in a list of rank since I would like to know which are the best blades.I'm sure that this will be informative to the community aswell.Thank you for reading. ;)

The carving knife is the only blade with a nano, however the chimera fang does the most damage. I'm not sure what the plague blade but it is hard to order them.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 11:55 AM
The carving knife is the only blade with a nano, however the chimera fang does the most damage. I'm not sure what the plague blade but it is hard to order them.
Ok,thank you.:D Also,what if I equip the perk that increases bio damage(I think that it's called virulent) while wielding a Carving Knife?Does it's damage surpass the Fang?

PS:I think the Plague Blade as a nano too but I'm not sure.We need a Plague Blade owner to confirm that.

konstantinov
01-10-2015, 11:59 AM
Plague blade has bio and comes from the PAX thing.

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Okay the plague blade has a nano (PAX?) and if you equip the perk to up the bio damage it will still not surpass it in damage.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Plague blade has bio and comes from the PAX thing.Also, I believe it's untradeable. So, unless you have one of the very few codes granting access to it, it isn't worth listing.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2015, 12:08 PM
PAX is a gaming convention.

konstantinov
01-10-2015, 12:08 PM
Also, I believe it's untradeable. So, unless you have one of the very few codes granting access to it, it isn't worth listing.

Forgot to mention it's purple.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 12:10 PM
But is it encrypted?

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 12:11 PM
But is it encrypted?

All blades are auto encrypted.

konstantinov
01-10-2015, 12:12 PM

Not the one I got from Williams Sonoma.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2015, 12:12 PM
But is it encrypted?I think so. I vaguely recall someone mentioning it shortly after the convention. They were also pissed when the Carving Knife was introduce because it highly devalued the Plague Blade, in their opinion.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 12:13 PM

Ok,thanks.But why is Trion so clingy about the blades?Non-tradable,auto-encrypted,mods bit-store only...They are just swords that could use more work into and they're not that great.

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Ok,thanks.But why is Trion so clingy about the blades?Non-tradable,auto-encrypted,mods bit-store only...They are just swords that could use more work into and they're not that great.

Whenever you have a sword in a shooter everyone wants it so this is a way to make a little more money.

maverick07
01-10-2015, 12:16 PM
Ok,thank you.:D Also,what if I equip the perk that increases bio damage(I think that it's called virulent) while wielding a Carving Knife?Does it's damage surpass the Fang?

There isn't a perk in increase bio dmg but Virulent can increase how much you deal to armor plates. So the Fang can still deal more dmg once the plates are down.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Because, originally, blades were DLC explicit. Hence the non-trade issue. No idea on the auto-encryption. Trion does "funny" things all the time that make us question. Longer, more fulfilling chase? Because 'nades.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Whenever you have a sword in a shooter everyone wants it so this is a way to make a little more money.
If Trion wanted more money they wouldn't have introduced free 2 play.Plus,why don't they use their money to get good servers?I don't have Time outs with other MMO's like DC Universe.

konstantinov
01-10-2015, 12:18 PM

Carving Knife is tradable.

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Carving Knife is tradable.

But it is a very rare item which helps keep it away from most people.

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 12:21 PM
If Trion wanted more money they wouldn't have introduced free 2 play.Plus,why don't they use their money to get good servers?I don't have Time outs with other MMO's like DC Universe.

The game wasn't making money because people weren't buying it so if you make it free and people buy the DLC's it will make more money.

konstantinov
01-10-2015, 12:42 PM
But it is a very rare item which helps keep it away from most people.

It's not as rare as you would think.

SirServed
01-10-2015, 12:50 PM

-Chimera Fang
-Carving Knife
-Plague Blade
-Shanjyfio Blade
-OJ Primary Function
-OJ Valyfio Blade

1) Carving Knife
2) Plague Blade
3) Shanjifyo Blade
4) Chimera Fang
5) Castithan Charge Blade
6) Valafyo Blade

The Carving Knife and Primary Function take the 1 and 2 spots simply because they break Armor Plates and that's a natural enemy for a Charge Blade with no nano. They have lower damage maximums due to the 10% damage cut of the Bio nano but once the enemy has at least 1 Armor Plate, so does a no nano blade. The Shanjifyo Blade, Chimera Fang, and Castithan Charge Blade all have the same damage "potential". Taking other factors into consideration, the Shanjifyo Blade takes 3rd because you can walk up to the vendor at 5900 and buy a maxed out EGO version if you own the DLC/rep. While the Chimera Fang has potential to match the stats of a Shanjifyo Blade, it's a reward from a pursuit that most players complete on the way to 5900, not before. You'd have to do a lot of EGO manipulation to get one at an even 100 EGO marker, so this takes 4th. The Castithan Charge Blade has a higher damage potential than the Valafyo Blade simple because it can be Legendary. The problem with it is the ranging ease to difficulty that a player would encounter when attempting to obtain one. This can range from as soon as your first Elite Lock Box or never in your career, 5th. The Valafyo Blade is Epic and will stay Epic, so it places last.

A Carving Knife is worth all of the money that exists and ever will exist due to the fact that it no longer drops, can be traded, and does not require a DLC to use. You could ask for any item(s) in return and the right person will answer. At the same time, it is devalued due to the fact that every Charge Blade is less effective than using a gun and certain enemies will smash your face in for being in melee range. Until it can give its wielder perks for equipping it (Armor Plates, Health, Innate Run Speed Increase), it will simply play a limited role in a Threat Level 10 environment.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 12:50 PM
It's not as rare as you would think.

Actually it is.There are only 2 on PS3 EU,I think.Also,they are really expensive.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 12:54 PM
1) Carving Knife
2) Plague Blade
3) Shanjifyo Blade
4) Chimera Fang
5) Castithan Charge Blade
6) Valafyo Blade

The Carving Knife and Primary Function take the 1 and 2 spots simply because they break Armor Plates and that's a natural enemy for a Charge Blade with no nano. They have lower damage maximums due to the 10% damage cut of the Bio nano but once the enemy has at least 1 Armor Plate, so does a no nano blade. The Shanjifyo Blade, Chimera Fang, and Castithan Charge Blade all have the same damage "potential". Taking other factors into consideration, the Shanjifyo Blade takes 3rd because you can walk up to the vendor at 5900 and buy a maxed out EGO version if you own the DLC/rep. While the Chimera Fang has potential to match the stats of a Shanjifyo Blade, it's a reward from a pursuit that most players complete on the way to 5900, not before. You'd have to do a lot of EGO manipulation to get one at an even 100 EGO marker, so this takes 4th. The Castithan Charge Blade has a higher damage potential than the Valafyo Blade simple because it can be Legendary. The problem with it is the ranging ease to difficulty that a player would encounter when attempting to obtain one. This can range from as soon as your first Elite Lock Box or never in your career, 5th. The Valafyo Blade is Epic and will stay Epic, so it places last.

A Carving Knife is worth all of the money that exists and ever will exist due to the fact that it no longer drops, can be traded, and does not require a DLC to use. You could ask for any item(s) in return and the right person will answer. At the same time, it is devalued due to the fact that every Charge Blade is less effective than using a gun and certain enemies will smash your face in for being in melee range. Until it can give its wielder perks for equipping it (Armor Plates, Health, Innate Run Speed Increase), it will simply play a limited role in a Threat Level 10 environment.

Ok,thanks.Also,is Trion thinking of getting a blade skill tree?

SirServed
01-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Ok,thanks.Also,is Trion thinking of getting a blade skill tree?
Can't be sure. That question would be better asked in the Q&A thread that pops up every week.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Can't be sure. That question would be better asked in the Q&A thread that pops up every week.

Already tried making a question once(about PvP).It was ignored.

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2015, 12:59 PM
It has been asked. Several times. Bats, Crasher and Arsenic all asked many times after the casti blade was introduced. No conclusive answer from the team.

indica_theworm420
01-10-2015, 01:43 PM
LOL!!! U guys r funny.

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 01:46 PM
LOL!!! U guys r funny.

??????????

Mister Derpenhowser
01-10-2015, 01:53 PM
There are more than two on PS3 EU dude. I know at least 4 people who own one, and they probably aren't the same people you know.

Ryker Vorton
01-10-2015, 01:56 PM
I think so. I vaguely recall someone mentioning it shortly after the convention. They were also pissed when the Carving Knife was introduce because it highly devalued the Plague Blade, in their opinion.

I am all up to have the "uber-rare" items non tradeable, but still, i do not understand.... how can a non tradeable item be devalued? :o

Gai
01-10-2015, 01:57 PM
Swords are baed.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 01:58 PM
There are more than two on PS3 EU dude. I know at least 4 people who own one, and they probably aren't the same people you know.

Actually one of them is.But how many people aren on the EU server total compared to the ones who have a Carving Knife?

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2015, 02:07 PM
I am all up to have the "uber-rare" items non tradeable, but still, i do not understand.... how can a non tradeable item be devalued? :oBecause the plagued was unique in having the nano. Bringing in the Carving knife with same nano and better dmg #'s makes the plague blade inferior. Hence, devalued.

Ryker Vorton
01-10-2015, 02:21 PM
yes, understand that logic, but to be honest it alreaady had no value, if it can't be traded it can't be valued, it is just another item in the inventory

Fallen_Aingeal
01-10-2015, 02:26 PM
yes, understand that logic, but to be honest it alreaady had no value, if it can't be traded it can't be valued, it is just another item in the inventoryI'm with ya. Call it "self-perceived" value, if nothing else. LOL

konstantinov
01-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Actually it is.There are only 2 on PS3 EU,I think.Also,they are really expensive.

ps3 EU is a wasteland. The population on there has always been poor.

WhiteStrike
01-10-2015, 03:39 PM
ps3 EU is a wasteland. The population on there has always been poor.

EXACTLY!See the PS3 trading tab and see the number of posts on EU and NA...It's just sad.

Logain
01-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Exactly what SirServed said. Now I know not a charge blade but I would insert the 7th Legion Amakuni blade between 3 and 4 because of the Unity Synergy. Imagine the Recharge delay of a Rebel or Respark shield with an Amakuni and another Unity gun. And the perk crafting with "on shield break" or "on shield restore."

konstantinov
01-10-2015, 05:43 PM
EXACTLY!See the PS3 trading tab and see the number of posts on EU and NA...It's just sad.

There's still more than 2 Carving Knives on ps3 EU I can guarantee that.