PDA

View Full Version : Weapon modding

Tusai
04-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Hello Def-People,

i tried to mod my weapons (diffrent weapons) and every time when i want to select a specified mod, the window is blank.
There is no selection possibility (the weapon is not equipped) and i cant fix a mod in it.

Is there a solution known?
I didn't find something what helped me out.

Thanks a lot !

Manji
04-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Hi,

im having the same problem!

No clue how to pimp my weapons... :/

ExpiredLifetime
04-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Hello Def-People,

i tried to mod my weapons (diffrent weapons) and every time when i want to select a specified mod, the window is blank.
There is no selection possibility (the weapon is not equipped) and i cant fix a mod in it.

Thanks a lot !
Are you sure that the weapon has a mod slot available for it?

Tusai
04-04-2013, 11:27 AM
ofc im sure...

I tried 5 weapons with different slots.
1 weapons has 4 slots anyway, so that is not the problem

Doowi
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Yeap remember that low weapon may not have any slots to mod. Look at the weapon itself and see if the 4 slots in the compare window have anything in them. if it's blank, then it can't have any mods placed in it.

XanPrime
04-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Also, are you sure that you have a mod for that weapon?

I've done that no few times when I thought that I had a mod and got the blank screen, but when I double-checked figured out that the mod in question was for a different weapon type.

Tusai
04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the infos, i try to find a way.
If i do so, i'll post it here :)

but other question.

i was upgrading a slot mod and received a disconnect, now the weapon is gone (not in inventory, not in mod window)
Anyone knows that ?
So if you don't watch out, i lost a weapon this way

Manji
04-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Hello Def-People,

Thanks a lot !

Meh ok, I found out!

The Weapons can only be modded if they have special Mod-Slots, so not any Weapon can be modded, and (sometimes) not every Part of the Weapon, eg. I found a Rifle, where I can only put a Scope-Mod, and nothing else...

Rexx Havoc
04-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I've never been able to MOD a weapon yet either, but I just read that it has to "unequiped" - so check on all your loadouts and try.

<crosses fingers>

Manji
04-04-2013, 11:38 AM
as said, you can see in your inventar... some weapons have a 3 lines and a square ... every mod has the same, on the mod you can see where it belongs, on the weapon you can see which slot it has....

i think you need to be lucky or will need some time until you find 1) a weapon you like with one or more slots and 2) a mod which can fit your slots ....

Tusai
04-04-2013, 12:24 PM
I've never been able to MOD a weapon yet either, but I just read that it has to "unequiped" - so check on all your loadouts and try.

<crosses fingers>

i wrote "There is no selection possibility (the weapon is not equipped) and i cant fix a mod in it."

also i ve a weapon with [][][][] and several mods with -[]--, []--- and so on. So this wpn should be able to get any mod, i guess

blueferral
04-04-2013, 12:26 PM
FYI if you have a weapon equipped it will show as "no options available"

XanPrime
04-04-2013, 12:27 PM
also i ve a weapon with [][][][] and several mods with -[]--, []--- and so on. So this wpn should be able to get any mod, i guess
It can't take just any mod - it has to be a mod specifically for that weapon type (rifle, pistol, SMG, etc). Definitely check the mod itself to see that it is for the type of weapon that you're working with.

13lackRain
04-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Here's a pretty lengthy, but very informative video on how weapon modding and the Salvage Matrix works!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO74ITJ2af8

Commissar
04-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Keep in mind, also, that the Iron Demon Ranch has a ton of low level mods available for any weapon if you just want to mod something. Find out which mod slot your weapon has, find the corresponding weapon mod for that weapon type in the merchant, and you're in business.

Tusai
04-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Keep in mind, also, that the Iron Demon Ranch has a ton of low level mods available for any weapon if you just want to mod something. Find out which mod slot your weapon has, find the corresponding weapon mod for that weapon time in the merchant, and you're in business.

Thanks i think i'll buy a ton and try :)

13lackRain
04-04-2013, 12:34 PM
Only buy the ones you need for your weapon types. There are mods for all weapon types, but they will only fit a single weapon type. Don't throw money away buying mods for detonators if you only use assault rifles and shotguns.