PDA

View Full Version : No more named weapons?

Markeen
01-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Rumor on ps3 is there will be no more named weapons in the future. Is this true?

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 09:48 PM
Rumor on ps3 is there will be no more named weapons in the future. Is this true?

I doubt it.

Atticus Batman
01-10-2015, 10:12 PM

No doubt started by the same people that keep telling newbs that not breaking warmaster locks gives you at least 10 minutes on the clock, or someone like the "wonderful" con artist I saw on xbox trying to convince an ego 1200 that arkshields are only worth 1k scrip so the ego 1200 would sell it to him for cheap and then he could turn around and make a huge profit.

Another words, it was probably made by a guy wth a surpluss of named guns, who started the rumor so he could get more scrip for his stuff.

Chris Robet
01-10-2015, 10:15 PM
You know the other day I saw an idiot "teaching" new players that there was a secret way to upgrade your guns past orange rarity to red rarity, suffice to say he was after their OJ's.

Bentu
01-11-2015, 01:57 AM
Wish they'd remove the encryption from named weapons so that they can be fully upgraded in rarity.

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Wish they'd remove the encryption from named weapons so that they can be fully upgraded in rarity.

Agreed, or at least retroactively change all named weapons to at least epic. Of course then people who scraped the useless gun long ago would want trion to replace them for us too. I would love a new firestorm, deadbolt and thundershock at epic or legendary please Trion!

PhantasieTrion
01-11-2015, 02:53 AM

The rumor is false :)

And, I wouldn't put much stock in random rumors like this. Changes like this would be communicated via a blog post, live stream, dev post, etc. We wouldn't communicate them via a random PS3 player :)

--Phantasie

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-11-2015, 03:33 AM
Agreed, or at least retroactively change all named weapons to at least epic. Of course then people who scraped the useless gun long ago would want trion to replace them for us too. I would love a new firestorm, deadbolt and thundershock at epic or legendary please Trion!

I still have my thundershock and firestorm. Lol. I loved those guns. I wont scrap em even if they arent powerfull enough. Still have the pre order sporeshot, the gamestop Purifier shotgun, and the hydra too. Theyre all rares though so not as bad

Cyripax NeoPrime
01-11-2015, 03:36 AM

Most likely said that because he was trying to sell you a named gun at a hugely inflated price.

Bentu
01-11-2015, 05:41 AM

I managed to get a Diablo up to epic before the patch and this may be the only weapon I may spend bits on to get some arkforge to upgrade the rarity to legendary.
Decisions decisions?

Ryker Vorton
01-11-2015, 08:15 AM
In the same line of thinking, i would love to have my survivalist rifle up to oj, sadly it is a no can do

Bentu
01-11-2015, 09:39 AM
In the same line of thinking, i would love to have my survivalist rifle up to oj, sadly it is a no can do

I'd have to check but I think I got mine up to epic before the patch so I could still make it an oj.

Mister Derpenhowser
01-11-2015, 09:52 AM
News just in, as of tomorrow soup will no longer exist... what are we gonna do next time we got fluuuu!!! Argh

Markeen
01-11-2015, 10:12 AM
I understand that this is a bogus claim however the person also said they read it a few days ago through an alternate site (unofficial). I looked and found no such thread. I don't always believe everything I am told but thought this was something to ask about since the reasoning seemed more legit. To lower inflation in in-game prices/trades which would help in-game economy since it's almost impossible for fair and realistic trade. The game post the value of an item in the top right corner but the actual asking price/trade is set by the player. I personally find myself spending hundreds or thousands of scrip just for one mod. Anyway, thanks the response.

Wilhelm Keitel
01-11-2015, 10:22 AM
That is Vendor price in the top right not actual value based on how rare it is. Value is always decided by the players if you think it is to much do not buy it. Scrip is so easy to come buy it is what is devalued if there were more money sinks those crazy prices would some down to a fair price as scrip would actually mean something at that point. Removing named items would only devalue script even more.

konstantinov
01-11-2015, 02:41 PM
Lesson here: Take anything you hear from people on the internet with a grain of salt.

Dixie Cougar
01-11-2015, 03:52 PM
"Not all quotes on the Internet are reliable." - Thomas Jefferson

Atticus Batman
01-11-2015, 09:24 PM
I still have my thundershock and firestorm. Lol. I loved those guns. I wont scrap em even if they arent powerfull enough. Still have the pre order sporeshot, the gamestop Purifier shotgun, and the hydra too. Theyre all rares though so not as bad

Not sure what a Purifier shotgun is, but the Sporeshot was the gamestop pre-order weapon.

{EDIT} Alright I found an old post by you about the Purifier, apparently gamestop included it during the summer of 2013, to try to get more people to buy the game as well as a riveter outfit and 15 extra inventory.

I went to gamestop 2 days ago, bought a copy(the employees knew nothing about this and it was not in thier promotional catalogue either) but I said lemme buy another copy and see if it shows on the reciept. And it did.. I just returned the game the next day.

Shows on reciept when I purchased as riveter outfit, purifier, and 15 inventory slots. They may have limited quantities of these codes or some locations may not have recieved them as ive seen some ppl say they recieved no code.

For reference you have to be a powerup rewards member, and buy a new copy to get it if still available. The employees wont know if its still offered untill you pay and get your reciept. But if not just return the game, hell do what I did and return the game even if you do get the code

Its just a red and white reskin of the cash shop outfits called field engineer, and scrapworks salvager. The shotgun is actually really sick.

Claydough
01-12-2015, 06:42 AM
i heard that all legendary weapons were being removed from the ps3 servers, not just the named ones.

Chris Robet
01-12-2015, 06:48 AM
i heard that all legendary weapons were being removed from the ps3 servers, not just the named ones.

And you believe that?

Azimov
01-12-2015, 08:17 AM
"Not all quotes on the Internet are reliable." - Thomas Jefferson

Dang, and all this time I thought that quote was from Ben Franklin! Thanks for setting me straight! ;)

Bentu
01-12-2015, 09:05 AM
Dang, and all this time I thought that quote was from Ben Franklin! Thanks for setting me straight! ;)

Think you'll find it was Monica Lewinski (if that's how you spell it) :p